Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: looking for a new controler and reciever

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default looking for a new controler and reciever

been looking at the sly sky fs-it4 read some mixed reviews on it i like that it has a built in lcd but im new to rc stuff so i dont really know much seems like a good price to me but never know is it worth 130$
Fly Sky FS-iT4 4 Channel 2.4ghz Telemetry Radio RC Transmitter System w/ Touch Screen (Titanium)

also does any one know if the d772 steering servo is waterproof they dont say they are but it has o rings in it
ben h is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2014, 08:27 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: looking for a new controler and reciever

Best bet is to research a little. I was told that the Flysky gt3b is a really good system and "losikid" on here can hack them. If you not for sure, then either go with the system you said or a gt3b. There both affordable and great systems. It comes down to your personal opinion though, its your choice. Personally I never owned a flysky system but I do own futaba systems and there great but more expensive. As for the servo, if you not sure on that also then put an o-ring around the spline shaft and dunk it in plasti-dip, it will NOT hurt it don't worry. It will make an outer layer that will water proof it for sure. Good luck!!
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial 4x4 crawler View Post
Best bet is to research a little. I was told that the Flysky gt3b is a really good system and "losikid" on here can hack them. If you not for sure, then either go with the system you said or a gt3b. There both affordable and great systems. It comes down to your personal opinion though, its your choice. Personally I never owned a flysky system but I do own futaba systems and there great but more expensive. As for the servo, if you not sure on that also then put an o-ring around the spline shaft and dunk it in plasti-dip, it will NOT hurt it don't worry. It will make an outer layer that will water proof it for sure. Good luck!!
Yea I heard that one is good but I don't care about hacking it I don't do anything that needs that its just somthin to toy with a lil bit so I think ill go with it then u less I see some really bad feedback and iv done some research on it but ain't really found anything bad exept for not being able to hack it and iv already plasti diped my resiever and esc just was wondering about this but ill plasti dip it also
Old 03-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #4
In the band for now.

I've had my gt3b for about 2.5 years and it has been trouble free. for 40 bucks I was a little skeptical but it has served me well, its been dropped a few times , got rained on and splashed with mud and its still working fine. additional RX's are only 8 bucks.
there are about 4 or 5 guys in our club that have had there's even longer and as far as I know they have never had problems either.

good luck on what ever set up you decide to go with.
lemonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #5
Got Worms?

You don't want the iT4, unless all you ever want todo is run steering and throttle. Channel 3 & 4 on it are, for the most part, useless.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I have a gt3b with the losi kid hack. Works awesome and has been trouble free for a couple of years. It is a little tricky to figure out the programming depending on how tech savvy you are. I still want to get a 4pls but can't justify it as long as the gt3b is still working so well!
R/CMARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I have a couple Flysky GT3C transmitters and have been very pleased with them for about $50 each. Receivers are cheap, run 10 vehicles and comes with a lipo battery.
TrailSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

If you are only going to toy around and you are new to this, I would recommend a simple two channel for now, to get the feel and see if this is the hobby you want to stay with. Also there are better radios for less then the iT4........Futaba and Spektrum both have decent 3ch for less.

Cheers,
Wade
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:35 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Ok ill look into them other ones
Old 03-13-2014, 08:58 AM   #10

I'm pleased with my GT3C as well.
Headrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Spektrum is releasing the DX4C in early May for $139.99 and it will be 4 channels.
alpine4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:08 PM   #12

I currently use a Spektrum DX3C for my ax10 and 3 boats. It's on sale at horizon hobby for $99.99 right now. I haven't used the third channel function yet but it does what I need it to. Hope that helps.
rkerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:02 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
Spektrum is releasing the DX4C in early May for $139.99 and it will be 4 channels.
ah maybe ill wait for that im not in need of a controler was just looking for a good upgrade since im upgrading everything els in my rig
Old 03-17-2014, 01:38 AM   #14

As Lemonhead and Aixial said FlySky GT3B was a decent controller, precious few problem and low price, just $42, if you get it from $41.99 FS-GT3B 2.4G Gun 3CH Remote Controller RC Transmitter w/Receiver for RC Car | FocalRC.com
Edgarfierros is offline   Reply With Quote

looking for a new controler and reciever - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
which controler to get TOOL01 Newbie General 7 10-04-2012 08:10 PM
which controler to get TOOL01 Newbie General 0 11-08-2011 09:00 PM
controler t-boner Newbie General 4 04-01-2010 12:00 PM
controler/reciever swap Morbid Angel Electronics 1 09-20-2008 04:45 PM