Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Axial AE-1 ESC problems. red/green blinking, does nothing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2014, 10:39 AM   #1

Default Axial AE-1 ESC problems. red/green blinking, does nothing.

I bought my son a used AX10. At the moment it would seem I mistakenly took someone at their word... Seller indicated he had a brushless system in truck and reinstalled original brushed system and AE-1. I asked to see it move and he said both batts were dead. When I got it home, I realized both batts were fully charged... First concern...

Anyway, I have verified from Axial that channels are connected to receiver correctly. When turned on, I hear a slight "blip" I think from the drive motor. No beeping. LED on ESC blinks red/green. No amount of anything will get any change from that state.

I am trying to figure out what component is bad or needs work. Transmitter would not originally turn on but I determined all batts were good and batts needed reseated. I now have a red LED on transmitter which I assume means she is good?

I would sure like to determine which components work or don't work. Is there a way to test the transmitter? Seems to me the ESC might be functioning and these lights indicate a "not bonded" state? I am just trying to get my son his late bday gift going. He has been patient....
fastline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axial AE-1 ESC problems. red/green blinking, does nothing.

Are the transmitter and receiver crystals on the same channel, does one say TX and the other RX and are they in their respective devices? I got a used Axial radio set (ar-1) where both crystals were RX and that's why it wouldn't work. You may also need to initialize/reset the ae1 esc; there should be directions for this if you Google it.

Sent from the outer limits using alien technology
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial AE-1 ESC problems. red/green blinking, does nothing. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got a blinking red/green LED on my ESC, but no power Flatty Electronics 18 06-04-2012 08:28 PM
VXL-3s blinking green TNBiscuit83 Electronics 3 12-30-2010 10:34 PM
Steering issue and Blinking Axial esc Kanine38 Newbie General 0 02-12-2010 06:17 AM
ax10 esc blinking! obaskoba_420 Electronics 3 10-05-2009 08:20 PM