Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Replacement steering servo for Maisto Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2015, 06:10 PM   #1

Default Replacement steering servo for Maisto Crawler

I purchased the R/C Rock Crawler Extreme from Amazon after Christmas for my 5 year old son, and the steering servo recently failed.

It has the following stamped on it: 130sn-09220 e6f

Unfortunately, Maisto replied that they don't sell replacement parts, and I cannot find a replacement servo anywhere online that is similar so I can swap it out and get the crawler working again.

Any suggestions on a possible part before I throw the crawler away?
shlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Replacement steering servo for Maisto Crawler

Go to Servo City and find one that is the same size. If theres more than one that fits choose the one with the most torgue.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:10 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

The maisto rock crawler doesn't actually use a servo, its a small motor.
Crawlin' Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:11 PM   #4
RCC Addict

You start by buying a new rig I suppose..........

Here's a link for you on said rig

RCscalers • View topic - Maisto Rock Crawler project & pics
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:26 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I had one I converted to 4ws, added a tamiya plug to run better batteries and longer run times. Also added a jeep hard body.

It was fun in the driveway, but not very capable beyond that. Great for small kids tho.
Crawlin' Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:08 AM   #6

Thanks for the feedback and link to other post about the crawler. That 4 wheel steering setup looks fun!

Any suggestions on where I might find a little motor to replace the steering motor with?

You can see it in the second pic on this post from the other thread: RCscalers • View topic - Maisto Rock Crawler project & pics
shlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 04:38 AM   #7

Probably way late with this but just in case those 130 motors are quite common and can be had very cheaply.

As far as I know the crawler uses the same size motors for drive and steering, the same motors are also used to drive the junior version.

Maisto source motors from different suppliers and the part numbers on some motors lead to a dead end when googling them but eventually I came across an example that had codes that did return a result, I'm guessing the motors are all the same spec, it's just that different manufacturers have different product codes.

Anyways, the lucky code was 130-16140 which is a 6v 12,500rpm brushed 130 size motor.

You can get a pack of 5 for next to nothing from China!

https://www.amazon.com/130-16140-125...+Car+Model+Toy

It's also worth noting that I managed to find replacement gears for my rock crawler junior, the gear I needed to replace had 30 teeth on the outside and 9 teeth on the inner gear, I managed to find a gear with the exact same dimensions and specs except it had 10 inner teeth but it meshed fine with the other gears still and the only side effect is a tiny loss of speed and gain in torque. There are probably gears out there that would work in the standard size crawler too but I haven't needed to replace any yet.
nowinaminite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:31 PM   #8

Might be too late for the original poster, but I just bought a very similar crawler to the maisto one, its got a larger pickup body on the same kind of chassis. Mines the one that's yellow fade to red fade to blue in the back, other variations are all red, all blue, and I think all yellow. Anyhow, its the same chassis, and.... its steers terrible, almost nonexistent. Assuming that mine also using 3 identical 130 sized motors, whats the torquiest version out there? Do you think I can upgrade to 180 motors all around? I'm considering gutting all the current electronics and going hobby grade but I think I want to see if maybe better steering motor will do the job.

Can I run 2s with the current electronics? Its got a Tamiya plug... Maybe the extra current will give the steering motor the umph it needs to actually turn the truck
Sazzlefrats is offline   Reply With Quote

Replacement steering servo for Maisto Crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
steering mod on maisto crawler outcastct General Crawlers 2 03-22-2018 03:29 PM
how to connect new servo to a maisto rock crawler gauguin Electronics 4 01-09-2014 10:44 AM
Good steering servo replacement.... Tbuck Vaterra Twin Hammers 10 10-03-2013 10:43 PM
Steering servo arm replacement pc1 Redcat Crawlers 0 02-14-2011 10:12 AM