Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Castle Creations NEW lineup if Sensored motors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2016, 04:11 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Castle Creations NEW lineup if Sensored motors

This is Hemistorms announcement to the world on the behalf of Castle Creations !!

A NEW sensored line up with Castle Quality!!

Badass !! Now I'll be looking for a sensored Mamba Monster XLX !!!

https://youtu.be/pdNN-7y9QdA

Enjoy
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2016, 05:24 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Castle Creations NEW lineup if Sensored motors

About 92% of that could have been edited out and the pertinent information wouldn't have been lost.

Good looking motor setup, with the success of all their sensored esc's over the years it's about time they made a motor to go with them.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:08 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Definitely good news and I will definitely be wanting to try one out. One thing I did learn from the video is how "smart Sense" works....Very neat!
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:53 PM   #4

Castle sucks. I had problems with their POS ESCs in the past and then gave them another chance with the MMX. Two MMX ESCs later and they can't tell me how to get rid of cogging with a Tekin ROC412 yet my 35A HobbyKing ESC runs the motor like butter. I pity the fool that messes with Castle Cremations.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:59 PM   #5
I joined the Band!

While I do understand having issues with Castle ( Had probably 10 of thier ESC's fry over the years ) among other glitches here and there..

NONE Of them would put me off from using Castle Products.. Almost every issue could have been avoided had I taken the proper precautions, and paid closer attention to my electronics.

Every company has issues... EVERY SINGLE ONE.. I mean I've had 3 Vanquish products in the last year come badly machined, A stub axle just last week that flat out didn't fit .. Break out the dremel..

ON TOPIC:: Any chance of them making a 6 pole sensored motor for the crawler guys?
Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn View Post
While I do understand having issues with Castle ( Had probably 10 of thier ESC's fry over the years ) among other glitches here and there..

NONE Of them would put me off from using Castle Products.. Almost every issue could have been avoided had I taken the proper precautions, and paid closer attention to my electronics.

Every company has issues... EVERY SINGLE ONE.. I mean I've had 3 Vanquish products in the last year come badly machined, A stub axle just last week that flat out didn't fit .. Break out the dremel..

ON TOPIC:: Any chance of them making a 6 pole sensored motor for the crawler guys?
You've had 10 Castle ESCs fry over the years and that isn't enough to turn you off from them? That's a ton of fried ESCs. I haven't fried that many in my 30 years of RCing.

I wonder if the motor will use a proprietary sensor cable like the MMX uses.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:04 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Castle sucks. I had problems with their POS ESCs in the past and then gave them another chance with the MMX. Two MMX ESCs later and they can't tell me how to get rid of cogging with a Tekin ROC412 yet my 35A HobbyKing ESC runs the motor like butter. I pity the fool that messes with Castle Cremations.
Just because you have crap luck, or are using it improperly doesn't mean it's a systemic issue ,nor does it make it the truth. Tons of people run castle with no issues, I've had a dozen of their esc's and motors and have been nothing but impressed.

If you really hate your mmx so much, I'll trade you a brand spanking new hobbyking esc for it
MattTheGenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:11 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You've had 10 Castle ESCs fry over the years and that isn't enough to turn you off from them? That's a ton of fried ESCs. I haven't fried that many in my 30 years of RCing.

I've fried easily a dozen esc's and most of them were castle. Mainly because most of the esc's I've had over the years were castle so it's just the law of averages in action. The only dead esc's in my box of shame that died not due to outright abuse are 2 novak rooster and 2 evx esc's. They died because novak is garbage.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:40 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Castle also makes many other ESCs or serves as the basis for ESCs that are modified for and used by other manufacturers - Axial and Holmes Hobbies, to name a couple.

Reading as much of this forum as I have, they are in use by a huge percentage of the members out there.

Any company that sells as much of the market share as they do is bound to have failed products mentioned, as people that have problems post about them at a much higher percentage than those that don't!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:44 PM   #10
I joined the Band!

Quote:

Well not everyone has a collection of shelf queens..

Some of us actually drive our trucks. Some of us actually beat the trash out our trucks.. I dont blame a product for failing when I didn't take care of it.

You try putting out the quantity that Castle does, and see if your quality control is better than theirs. Go on, Get to it !!
Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:57 PM   #11

I didn't know Castle lovers were such a sensitive bunch!
Old 10-29-2016, 10:20 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I don't think that's really the case for most people, they're just responding to blanket statements condemning an entire well-respected company's line of products.

Castle's ESCs are very popular in the offroad world, but they never tried to answer the desire for a sensored motor before.

Tekin is also an excellent company, but it seems like these days people are more often just buying their motors for offroading and not their ESCs, which simply point to them possibly needing to also release a new product that fills a need.

I personally think the more competition the better, and Tekin would be smart to engineer and release a modern offroad-specific ESC with up-to-date features in a reasonable-sized waterproof housing.

Every company sells the occasional defective item, and when you bring soldering and programming into the mfg process there is more room for error.

A you have personally found, sometimes it can be ridiculously complicated to troubleshoot after it's connected to all the components of a RC vehicle.

There are so many variables to take into account, although I know you have eliminated what seems to be every one of them, with no luck.

I'd try to find someone you know that would install your particular MMX (s?) into another rig, reset everything and then try it out.

Castle, like all but the tiniest of companies, is not likely to test and report what, if anything, they find wrong with them when you return them.

Companies these days just send a replacement because that's the most cost-effective policy for them.

I do feel for you, man - and I'd rant, too - but I'd try to keep it in perspective.

Worst case scenario you should at least be able to return it (them?).

Peace...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:59 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I've got as many Tekin motors as Castle.... only reason for the Tekin's is Castle didn't make sensored motors.
I've fried a couple of castle esc's usually because I knew more than Castle...lol

Castle is Holmes base manufacturer, must be because castle makes junk.

Now tell us again you aren't biased against Castle...

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:00 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Jato, I will swap a brand new MMP for that MMX....
Your call

Hang up and Drive
Old 10-30-2016, 02:50 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Strange, doesn't seem anyone wants reports from the testers of these new motors on here before buying one....or dyno comparisons with other companies products. Strange.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 03:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Jato, I will swap a brand new MMP for that MMX....
Your call
No, thanks. I don't do used electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
Strange, doesn't seem anyone wants reports from the testers of these new motors on here before buying one....or dyno comparisons with other companies products. Strange.

Later EddieO
Good point. Castle always gets a pass and I don't understand why.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:09 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Later EddieO
I ain't buying nothing brushless, not even from you. It has nothing to do with the products and everything to do with me only being in the market for brushed motors right now.

Did ya find me an armature yet? I dropped a 35 turn apocalypse on for the time being.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:21 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Default Castle Creations NEW lineup if Sensored motors

Quote:
No, thanks. I don't do used .

Brand New, arrives from Castle tomorrow
Yours is used......

Hang up and Drive
Old 10-30-2016, 03:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Brand New, arrives from Castle tomorrow
Yours is used......
I'm returning it for a refund and going with something that works AKA not Castle. Thanks anyway.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:49 AM   #20
BDR
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Later EddieO
Not really strange at all

Castle have a huge international following, with known products......some not so much

No I do not swing on the Castle nutsack
BDR is offline   Reply With Quote

Castle Creations NEW lineup if Sensored motors - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Castle Creations Sensored motors !! BarHarborBasher Axial Yeti XL 26 02-08-2017 07:41 PM
Castle Creations SV2 or Sidewinder SCT with two motors? Big Pitt Electronics 24 06-20-2011 04:49 AM