Notices

Thread: Castle Link

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2017, 08:26 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Castle Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Save yourself the money, all you need to run is a 6" extension so it puts the esc plug outside the rx box.

Does that work for you ?
Castle and others say that does not work, that's why this was made.
Or are you unplugging the esc out of the rx box

Edit..... I'm thinking a Y cord.

Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 08-10-2017 at 09:25 AM.
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2017, 11:19 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Castle Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Save yourself the money, all you need to run is a 6" extension so it puts the esc plug outside the rx box.
loop the connection up in the interior somewhere?
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Best connector choice is the Castle Duo-Connect. Check their site for details...

I'm at work, so I can't cut/paste right now......
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:54 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
loop the connection up in the interior somewhere?
Ya whatever makes it the easiest for you to get it unplugged and castle link hooked up. You could keep it near a side panel so you can undo a panel and reach it that way. You'll only mess with it maybe a few times after you get it running.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:19 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Does that work for you ?
Castle and others say that does not work, that's why this was made.
Or are you unplugging the esc out of the rx box

Edit..... I'm thinking a Y cord.

Hang up and Drive

It doesn't work as a Y connector. I think what 84yoda meat was to use an extension so you can easily unplug the esc to use the link.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:45 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Best connector choice is the Castle Duo-Connect. Check their site for details...

I'm at work, so I can't cut/paste right now......
Id not heard of this dual, then I read and found it is for the X series with the aux wire.
Castle Creations Castle-Link Quick Connect Duo | TowerHobbies.com

I dont have an X so I use the single.

Castle Creations Castle Link Quick Connect | TowerHobbies.com
Old 08-10-2017, 07:19 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I knew there was a reason why I should've waited to post until I was home!

I have a Mamba X and a Mamba Monster X, forgot about the Duo-Connect details.

(Whoops!)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:14 PM   #28
RCC Addict

I have the field card and have only used it that way once. It is pretty limited on function. I normally just use my laptop for programming.

If you have your RX in a sealed box and cant get to the connector easily, just buy a short servo extension for the ESC/RX connection. You can then just disconnect the ESC from the extension and hook it to the Castle Link quickly and easily. No need to buy that other thing really.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:42 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

I like the clean look of the quick connect duo. Just using the extension seems like it would work fine and Castle is not recommending it probably just so we can spend our money on the fancy looking connector, fine by me Castle..

Wouldnt really need it for my Traxxas rigs, but man that claimed waterproof box thats in Axials 10ii's, its a requirement if you want to do some programming. 4 long and tight cap screws followed by the rubber gasket, I bet it really simplifies things.
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Maybe someone can answer this, if not I'll play with it when it actually arrives, but if I get another castle esc, can the one castle link program multiple esc? Reason I ask this is because I have a tuner for my 1:1 jeep and its connected to just my jeep. Nobody else can use it until I return my jeep to stock tune and then it can be rebinded to another jeep.

Furthermore, once I download the castle software onto my computer, does it have the ability to store more than one tune? Say I want a bashing tune and a crawler tune, I know my MMP does not have the ability to store two like the mamba X does, but does the software on the PC?
Old 08-11-2017, 02:08 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Yes, you can program as many as you like. It's not limited to one esc. Anything with castles name can be programmed.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:28 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
Maybe someone can answer this, if not I'll play with it when it actually arrives, but if I get another castle esc, can the one castle link program multiple esc? Reason I ask this is because I have a tuner for my 1:1 jeep and its connected to just my jeep. Nobody else can use it until I return my jeep to stock tune and then it can be rebinded to another jeep.

Furthermore, once I download the castle software onto my computer, does it have the ability to store more than one tune? Say I want a bashing tune and a crawler tune, I know my MMP does not have the ability to store two like the mamba X does, but does the software on the PC?
One link will work with infinite ESCs. On that tuner the product is the tune so they lock it down like that similar to a software license key. We don't make any money off the software, our product is the ESC so we don't limit the number of ESCs you can connect with one link. Also until about 2 years ago, we had no way of doing that anyways because we did not have any serial numbers programmed into the ESC, so the link can only tell what the ESC is but not id it specifically.

While it doesn't have the AUX wire adjustment of the Mamba X, all Castle ESC's can save tunes in Castle Link. You can setup a tune and then save it to your computer from the file menu and then setup another one and save it. Then just load the file you want and update the settings to flip between tune profiles.
robert@castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattySlimz1987 View Post
I like the clean look of the quick connect duo. Just using the extension seems like it would work fine and Castle is not recommending it probably just so we can spend our money on the fancy looking connector, fine by me Castle..

Wouldnt really need it for my Traxxas rigs, but man that claimed waterproof box thats in Axials 10ii's, its a requirement if you want to do some programming. 4 long and tight cap screws followed by the rubber gasket, I bet it really simplifies things.
Using an extension is fine by us, just can't use a Y harness. Hooking up with a Y harness can burn up the link because it would by trying to power the RX and servos through your computer's USB.

The quick connects have a chip in them that detects if power is coming from the Castle link, and disconnects power from the RX so the USB is only powering the ESC. You also don't need to buy the Duo if you are using a Micro-X, Mamba-X, or Monster-X. You can use the regular and then run the AUX wire straight to the RX. The Duo just gives a pass through for the AUX wire that can disconnect the second BEC line. It is needed on the BEC 2.0, Mamba XLX, Talon 120, and Phoenix Edge Line.
robert@castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:53 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@castle View Post
One link will work with infinite ESCs. On that tuner the product is the tune so they lock it down like that similar to a software license key. We don't make any money off the software, our product is the ESC so we don't limit the number of ESCs you can connect with one link. Also until about 2 years ago, we had no way of doing that anyways because we did not have any serial numbers programmed into the ESC, so the link can only tell what the ESC is but not id it specifically.

While it doesn't have the AUX wire adjustment of the Mamba X, all Castle ESC's can save tunes in Castle Link. You can setup a tune and then save it to your computer from the file menu and then setup another one and save it. Then just load the file you want and update the settings to flip between tune profiles.
Quote:
Using an extension is fine by us, just can't use a Y harness. Hooking up with a Y harness can burn up the link because it would by trying to power the RX and servos through your computer's USB.

The quick connects have a chip in them that detects if power is coming from the Castle link, and disconnects power from the RX so the USB is only powering the ESC. You also don't need to buy the Duo if you are using a Micro-X, Mamba-X, or Monster-X. You can use the regular and then run the AUX wire straight to the RX. The Duo just gives a pass through for the AUX wire that can disconnect the second BEC line. It is needed on the BEC 2.0, Mamba XLX, Talon 120, and Phoenix Edge Line.

now this is customer service!!!!
Old 08-11-2017, 05:16 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Robert and Thomas are a tremendous resource and asset to Castle !

Hang up and Drive
Old 08-11-2017, 08:23 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Hey Robert, what are the chances of getting a mobile app? Now that we can use a OTG cable, there is much more potential to do a lot more tweaking in the field without dragging a laptop around.

Please? Pretty please?
slowmethinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:45 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Hey Robert. Can you please clarify connecting a field card/USB to computer onto a new X. Just bought one and have a field card on the way. Are you saying we can use the aux plus to connect the field card to that??

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
nedmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:07 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Hope that word is getting around the offices of Castle about how much we really want an app for our cellphone format devices. I'm sure its on their drawing board, just hope that they know the demand for it is HIGH, so theres nothing to worry about.. get the developers to work!
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:18 AM   #39

Quote:

Hmm. I might have been given bad info. I'm pretty sure I was told that wouldn't work and that I needed the Duo. I'll have to see if I can find that PM or email from Castle.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:16 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattySlimz1987 View Post
Hope that word is getting around the offices of Castle about how much we really want an app for our cellphone format devices. I'm sure its on their drawing board, just hope that they know the demand for it is HIGH, so theres nothing to worry about.. get the developers to work!
Lol, good luck. This has been brought up for like 7 years and castle said they were looking into it. Still nothing.