Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: ESC Help!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2017, 02:13 PM   #1

Default ESC Help!!

Hello,
I'm a general newbie trying to buy a new ESC because the last one seemed to have burnt out completely.
The car runs on two 3.7V Li-ions in series, with a total amperage of 2600mAh, and has a modified DYNS1205 brushed motor (the gear ratios have been adjusted for a slower drive - from its original 4.3:1 to 8.2:1) however, I've struggled to find any specs on the component.

These are the specs of the old ESC.

I don't necessarily want these specs, an improvement on them would be better.

I am looking for an ESC that has forward and reverse with single click in particular, and that can withstand low throttle consistently as the car is focused around articulation.

I bought in this ESC, only to find out that it did not have the forward/reverse with single click - the description was misleading and I had made the mistake of not thoroughly checking the ESCs manual online before buying:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbywin...-for-1-10.html

The product most similar to this, but that definitely has single click forward/reverse, is this one.

I'm also looking into this one, which seems even better.

But I don't want to buy without being certain it is compatible with the batteries and the motor.

Does any one have recommendations for reliable ESCs according to the specs I need??
Also, I'm slightly unsure about how continuous/peak amperage works, so the jump between an 20A continuous (old ESC) and 80A continuous amperage (new ESC) worries me slightly.

I'd be grateful for any advice!
kepsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2017, 03:10 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: ESC Help!!

The ESC thst you already bought looks to be a Hobbywing WP1060, which can be switched to "crawler mode" (forward to instant reverse) by moving a jumper plug on the ESC. Have you tried that yet?
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:18 PM   #3
RCC Addict

For crawling (forward / instant-reverse), remove the jumper nearest the heat sink. Also switch the battery jumper to "lipo mode" by moving the bottom jumper (nearest the thin signal wires) to the left to avoid destroying your battery.

Last edited by StomperCrawler; 10-30-2017 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Clarification
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:14 AM   #4

Sorry, I placed the wrong link for the ESC I bought in - the one I've got is the WP 1625. The WP 1060 is what I was thinking to buy now.

This is the link for the WP 1625:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/quicrun-...5-brushed.html

I tried to set it, but it doesn't seem to have another mode other than its default (and options for Lipo or Nimh)
kepsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:51 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Unfortunately that model only
has FWD/BRAKE/REV setting. From the link you posted above I clicked on the "uploaded files" tab, then downloaded the PDF manual and saw this:

StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
esc

ESC Help!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which ESC Brake/Reverse Type Setting on my Mamba Max ESC? b00st3d Venom Creeper 3 01-24-2010 04:34 PM
RX pack & ESC, remove the red wire or leave the ESC switch off BenW Electronics 5 02-23-2005 06:25 PM