Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Banggood DasMikro Flysky TX’s?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2018, 08:16 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Banggood DasMikro Flysky TX’s?

Searched but couldn’t find a lot of opinions or info.

I have been thinking of getting a GT3 radio to make it easier with all my cars. The price difference between a oem and a modified radio is marginal. I just want the software features with enough model memory.

Is it worth getting the modified TX for my basic 3ch requirements?

Please give your opinions about this radio. I’m sure there’s a couple of us that’s wondering the same thing.

https://www.banggood.com/DasMikro-Cu...r_warehouse=CN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by HugoBiermann; 01-01-2018 at 08:22 AM.
HugoBiermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2018, 08:47 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Banggood DasMikro Flysky TX’s?

I personally think the firmware hack is more flexible than the hardware hack and less expensive.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:29 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Banggood DasMikro Flysky TX’s?

It looks extremely attractive. Only thing is I can go to my LHS and get a standard one tomorrow. For exactly the same price as the modified TX with 2x RX’s added. No 2.5 month wait and no customs.

But, if its going to make a real difference in the long run I can wait that time and don’t mind customs.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:40 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

You could also get the firmware flashing tool for less than $5 online and end up with more features

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:47 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I saw all the tools and read through the procedure. I am just looking for a once of buy. Just a 3ch radio thats not going to limit me in the long run.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:53 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Firmware hack cost less the $5.00 and is much more flexible the the hardware hack. Albeit daunting because of the overwhelming amount of material in the hack thread, it is worth the time to do it.

Plus you can waterproof the remote when you are in there soldering the 4 pins in.

Check youtube videos, especially the ones using the usb dongle.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:19 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Not sure what you consider "marginal". There are 2 versions, the $70 ver is just a firmware hack and the $93 ver is the hardware hack. The hardware hack (6ch expander) is $17 from banggood, and a GT3C is $38 at the moment (all are no-receiver bundles). Since I can solder, $38 isn't worth it for me and the programmer was a few $. I actually was considering just the hardware kit since I have a GT3C and spare GT3B, but decided just to get a FS-i6x instead for $43 (partly since I also run boats, sail & FE). The LCD was actually designed for 10ch, loads more options, and I can run more powerful (ranged) AFHDS2 receivers.

Ditchrat, just an FYI the screens don't deal with water all that well, and I've never seen them sold separate. I'm all about modding but not sure I'd bother.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:33 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I’m specifically talking about the radio that’s linked in the first post. For the difference in money between stock and that one the hassle and time to convert and flash the tx isn’t worth it to me. I’m not worried about the work and soldering, just worried about a solution out the box.

I have too many GT2’s for my liking and would like to be able to program all my bashers and some of my new projects into a “out the box” radio.

Thats the question once again. I’m not bothered about the hardware as I wont run more than 3ch. The radio just seems good because its got all the possible software functionality the average RC’er will generally need. Will this modded radio do the job? Its only a click away. Thats why I’m so tempted.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:11 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

If you really want no-hassle combined with extra channels, take a good look at the FS-i6x. It is a BREEZE programming the extra channels. You also save $20 PLUS you get a 10ch receiver (or sell it to buy 2x 8ch). The radio you linked is 8ch max and comes with no receiver and only binds to AFHDS receivers. The i6x binds with the $5 3ch receivers as well as any 6-8-10ch receiver.

The only down side is down to personal preference, stick vs pistol grip. For 4+ channels the stick is better since all switches are w/in reach of your fingers w/o taking thumbs off the sticks. You can also change the i6x's switches from 2-way to 3-way or even dials/pots. The hacked GT3C is forever stuck with push-buttons for extra channels.

When I get my Wraith's steering and light controller back in, I'll be posting a vid including the i6x.

Last edited by Hydrocarbon92; 01-01-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 04:53 PM   #10
RCC Addict

For a hacked GT3C that is a good price.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Banggood DasMikro Flysky TX’s? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set soze Electronics 221 01-16-2024 12:49 PM
Banggood $14 D90 lexan body any good? StomperCrawler Paint and Body 11 11-01-2017 06:01 PM
AntiMatter 250W from BangGood MAGNUMB Electronics 4 03-24-2017 09:53 AM
I hate you, Banggood. 1967Typhoon Micro Scale Rigs 32 11-10-2016 09:57 AM
has anyone seen the new GT3C pre-hacked to 8ch on banggood? makya Electronics 12 08-04-2016 05:52 AM