Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Two questions regarding brushless motors/escs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2018, 04:42 PM   #1

Default Two questions regarding brushless motors/escs

Hey guys, I asked these questions in a few different forums and thought I'd ask it here too to see if anyone has tried this. They don't pertain to crawlers directly but I figure you guys would be able to still provide some good info. I suppose it actually would apply to MOA crawlers for people looking to do a brushless upgrade.

First, I have an old basher E-Maxx I don't want to spend too much on but I would like to upgrade it to brushless for as cheap as possible. A few years ago I purchased a cheap non-programmable brushless motor/esc set on eBay for about $35 to replace the brushed motor in my old Stampede and so far it has been awesome and flawless. My thought was to purchase two more of these motor/esc sets for a total of around $70. I would like to put both brushless motors and esc's in my E-Maxx, connect both esc's to the receiver (with only one red bec wire from one of the esc's to power the receiver, while leaving the other esc's bec wire disconnected). Since both esc's and both motors are identical and both being fed the exact same signal from the receiver, will this work? I've seen similar questions asked before with somewhat mixed answers. I'd like some confirmation if possible.

Second question, if voltage/current are kept within spec will placing too much continuous torque on a brushless motor cause damage to it long term? Let's say for example in my E-Maxx truck I decided (hypothetically) to only use one brushless motor/esc instead of two. Of course there would be a huge drop in the truck's performance, but would the added continuous stress on the single motor damage it in the long run since the motor is not strong enough by itself for this application and would constantly be fighting against an unusually large amount of resistance? Or would the motor simply be ok with no other long term problems except a weak, poorly performing truck?
pb1592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Two questions regarding brushless motors/escs

For the E-Maxx - do this instead if you are on a budget (brushless is cool, but it's not the answer to EVERYTHING!):

Kershaw Designs - 3905 1x 700-HO Kit

"One motor puts out more horsepower than 2 Traxxas Titans. Waterproof."

Less than $50!

BTW, the Kershaw site has all sorts of budget (and not-so-budget) hop-ups for E-Maxxes among other things... They are very experienced at modding them.

It may be important to know which E-Maxx you have, the older version or the newer version...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brushless, dual esc, dual motor

Two questions regarding brushless motors/escs - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mixing brushless escs with brushed motors KR15 Electronics 3 04-28-2013 12:47 PM
Yeah Racing and EZ Run Brushless Motors/ESCs Landcruiser 110 Electronics 3 03-07-2012 02:38 PM
Source for cheap brushless motors and ESCs shambrick Electronics 3 02-24-2010 01:00 PM
Submarine Brushless Motors/ESCs sunworksco Non Crawler RC's 15 08-30-2009 01:48 PM
A few questions about ESCs and Motors... Chadworkz Electronics 4 08-17-2008 09:54 PM