Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Tekin FXR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2020, 02:12 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Tekin FXR

Hello folks...

I have a Tekin FXR that I purchased some time ago for a shafty build that I never got round to... Thought about using it in the Capra I'm building currently but will be running 3s. Now, in the manual that comes with the unused unit it says 2s, but if I go on Tekins' website it says I can use 3s so long as I don't go above 30t.

My question is two fold, a. waddayareckon re 3s? and b. Will a Holmes 5 slot 16t motor be too much even though theoretically the numbers should be fine....

Thanks
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2020, 04:02 PM   #2

Default Re: Tekin FXR

A Holmes 5-slot 16T motor should be fine on 3S with the FXR.

I have a BRX and I'm going to be running the exact same. I checked with Ty of Tekin and he said it will be fine. You could reach out to him to be sure. Here's his profile: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/membe...ekin-17800.htm
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:16 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks man.

Have pinged him a pm.

My main concern was if Tekin had updated the FXR since I purchased mine leaving the potential that mine will just fry on 3s. I will also have to use a BEC with the FXR which partly voids its weight saving. The only other unit I have in stock currently is a HW1080 which was due to go on something else and what I remember of my last drives with an FXR, they should be a bit smoother than the 1080....
Old 03-28-2020, 06:56 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I think (as I can't find the manual), the the FXR has a 35 turn limit. but I have run a 30 turn Tekin handwound motor for a long time with no problem on 3s.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:05 AM   #5

I was in the same boat when i bought my FXR 30 turn combo, contacted Tekin some time back ( few years) and the reply I got was as long as I run an external BEC it would be fine on 3s . Also as a coincidence I was on their website yesterday to see if they still made them as I wanted to buy another one and it says that you can use 3s if you use a 30 turn or higher motor and in small print with an asterisk it says on 3s you must use an external BEC .
I probably still would confirm with Ty if you’re unsure.
sm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:21 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm77 View Post
I was in the same boat when i bought my FXR 30 turn combo, contacted Tekin some time back ( few years) and the reply I got was as long as I run an external BEC it would be fine on 3s . Also as a coincidence I was on their website yesterday to see if they still made them as I wanted to buy another one and it says that you can use 3s if you use a 30 turn or higher motor and in small print with an asterisk it says on 3s you must use an external BEC .
I probably still would confirm with Ty if you’re unsure.
That’s what I remember.....I’ve been running FXR’s forever, nice footprint, powerful and reliable. 3s for life...16t HH motors in two rigs, never had a problem. WITH AN EXTERNAL BEC.
Postclanker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:35 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
That’s what I remember.....I’ve been running FXR’s forever, nice footprint, powerful and reliable. 3s for life...16t HH motors in two rigs, never had a problem. WITH AN EXTERNAL BEC.
Boom! That's exactly what I'm looking at running...

Thanks folks, think I'll solder it up and see...

Tekin FXR - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mamba Max , Tekin FXR or Tekin FXR PRO? TheHeadHunter Electronics 21 06-21-2012 08:15 AM
Tekin FXR and FXR-pro ESCs in stock JohnRobHolmes Holmes Hobbies 35 09-17-2009 09:40 PM