Notices

Thread: Hobbywing AXE FOC - Claibration Issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2020, 06:44 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Hobbywing AXE FOC - Claibration Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C controls YOU View Post
It is Bluetooth Low Energy, so its only good for a few feet. Your WiFi settings will not change this.

If you drive too far away, that message will always pop up in the HW app.

Another tip you may not know: to “accept” any setting changes, press SAVE and then DISCONNECT instead of powering it off.
Although you are correct it has been my experience that when Wi-Fi is on with my phone it will not connect and report back incorrect password multiple times in a row. It may connect and while changing settings it will randomly disconnect before settings are saved.

When I turn off my Wi-Fi this problem does not exist for me. Turn it back on and I am in the same loop of password being incorrect. I have always made my adjustments with the truck on the workbench sitting in front of me.

I am not stating Wi-Fi is the reason, I am stating if anyone sees this issue they can try to turn off Wi-Fi on their phone and see if they still have issues connecting with Blutooth or not.
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2020, 07:22 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uicide $hift View Post
You and me both! The feel of the RPM / Motor matching when crawling is amazing and so smooth. I am able to crawl where I swear I can hear each tooth in the spur connecting with the pinion one step at a time and if I pull that trigger it will rip out of the hole and flip over on it's back.

So far I have been very happy with the Axe system. My son and I have really abused it in water / soupy thick mud as we put the same setup in his truck. I know nothing is truly "waterproof" but this is by far the most sealed up system you can buy. No conformal coating or dielectric grease needed.

The ability to adjust ESC settings via an app on your phone is what initially sold me on the product as well as the recommendation from my LHS which has always given good advice. The app could be better as I had issues with it disconnecting randomly or coming back with incorrect password over and over again. Since I have disabled the Wi-Fi on my phone before making adjustments though it has been much better in this aspect. Not perfect but not frustrating.

I just went out today to our crawler spot and man... the axe foc system is impressive and i'm excited to tweak/tune with it. As you said.. you can almost feel the gears turn tooth by tooth... also drag brake feels great for descending.

We drove today with a few different cars:

- scx ii with 1080 HW

- scx ii Novak gtb2 brushless 17.5 motor
- element 1080 HW
- TR4 rtr

For sure the axe foc scxii crawled the best... you really don't have to drive it, just by looking at how it crawls and handles the downslopes.. good times!

food2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:50 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uicide $hift View Post
Although you are correct it has been my experience that when Wi-Fi is on with my phone it will not connect and report back incorrect password multiple times in a row. It may connect and while changing settings it will randomly disconnect before settings are saved.

When I turn off my Wi-Fi this problem does not exist for me. Turn it back on and I am in the same loop of password being incorrect. I have always made my adjustments with the truck on the workbench sitting in front of me.

I am not stating Wi-Fi is the reason, I am stating if anyone sees this issue they can try to turn off Wi-Fi on their phone and see if they still have issues connecting with Blutooth or not.
There’s a setting in the app so you don’t have to do that. 😎
R/C controls YOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 08:10 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by food2000 View Post
I just went out today to our crawler spot and man... the axe foc system is impressive and i'm excited to tweak/tune with it. As you said.. you can almost feel the gears turn tooth by tooth... also drag brake feels great for descending.
I'm glad you like it and have a similar experience. The rigs all look great

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C controls YOU View Post
There’s a setting in the app so you don’t have to do that. 😎
I assume you are referring to the setting for Wi-Fi or Bluetooth in settings. Now if you really want to help somebody out you may have gone a little further in explaining the setting. This setting can only be set one way, either bluetooth or Wi-Fi. If I had it on Wi-Fi, bluetooth would not work.

You seem to not understand that I have posted my "experience" and what has worked for me in a given situation.

Let me make you feel better. You are correct. I am wrong. I will go back to leaving Wi-Fi enabled on my phone so that I can see the message that the password is incorrect or have it connect to only disconnect after a few minutes. Although turning Wi-Fi off on my phone has made a difference in this problem I'll stop doing that because you say it has nothing to do with it! Thank you for correcting me in my errant ways. Wow you have been so helpful!!!
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote

Hobbywing AXE FOC - Claibration Issue - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hobbywing axe? Ddcross Newbie General 17 05-13-2020 03:40 PM
Hobbywing North America 540 and 550 AXE FOC V1.1 Combos - In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 08-16-2019 04:11 PM
New Hobbywing XeRun AXE 540 - FOC V1.1 System Combos - In Stock NOW!! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 07-02-2019 01:04 PM
IN STOCK Hobbywing XeRun AXE ESC FOC System Combo w/ AXE540 Motor 1800kv RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-25-2018 10:54 AM