Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: HW Xerun AXE R2 will not calibrate throttle.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2022, 08:48 PM   #1

Angry HW Xerun AXE R2 will not calibrate throttle.

I just recently upgraded my TRX-4 Tactical, to the AXE R2 3300Kv system (still using the stock TQi reciever and transmitter). I follow the directions for calibrating, however, it does not calibrate the throttle whatsoever. Steering is working fine, and I have paired the motor and ESC. I've even tried reversing the throttle. I had a similar issue, when I upgraded my TRX-6 with the same HW setup. However, I have some memory issues due to having a TBI thanks to Iraq and can't remember WTF I did the first time around. LOL
Sneakybastig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2022, 09:39 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: HW Xerun AXE R2 will not calibrate throttle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakybastig View Post
I just recently upgraded my TRX-4 Tactical, to the AXE R2 3300Kv system (still using the stock TQi reciever and transmitter). I follow the directions for calibrating, however, it does not calibrate the throttle whatsoever. Steering is working fine, and I have paired the motor and ESC. I've even tried reversing the throttle. I had a similar issue, when I upgraded my TRX-6 with the same HW setup. However, I have some memory issues due to having a TBI thanks to Iraq and can't remember WTF I did the first time around. LOL

It’s been a minute since I messed with the tqi setup, but good idea with any radio to make sure throttle trim is set to 0 when calibrating.

Sometimes you have to go full reverse, then full forward even though they tell you opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:15 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Make sure your throttle end points are not limited prior to calibrating.

You might have a "dual rate" knob that's turned down. I don't know how to adjust the throttle end points on a TQI, but if the RX is seeing limited throttle end points from the TX that will prevent ESC calibration.

Also, if that's a brushless, sensorless system, swap two of the motor / esc cables and try calibrating again. That's simply another way to reverse motor direction, and it might get your radio to play nice with the ESC.
Fallen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 06:50 PM   #4

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried reversing the throttle on the transmitter and swapping radios entirely. I can get it to auto match the motor, so I know the motor works. I've got full control of steering, trans shifting, and locking/unlocking the diffs. When I put the ESC into calibration mode, the LED flashes red and beeps (indicating calibration mode activated). Once I push the set button, It still blinks red and beeps. No green LED.
Old 05-06-2022, 06:53 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

IIRC, if you hold the set button down too long when powering up, it goes into programming mode.
DrIsotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:14 PM   #6

For whatever reason I can't post the video I did.
Here is the link: https://youtu.be/A1bQCI2ceyg
Old 05-08-2022, 07:58 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

have you tryed contacting hobbywing maybe they have a trick we arent thinking of
i have a esc that wants the throttle trim set to almost full reverse before the esc will arm try playing with the trottle trim it could just be the esc wants a differnt reading for nutral than the radio is giving out
you could have a bad esc too but hobbywing should be able to help i know there were some issues with the axe system so talk to them
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 12:00 PM   #8

I had the same issue with my trx4 when I first changed to my axe system. I'm not exactly sure how it happened but I ended up frying the throttle channel on the reciever. Try switching your throttle and steering channel around. If you don't get any response on the throttle channel then your stock reciever is likely fried as well.
Quaili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:46 PM   #9
RCC Addict

When this happens, it's because the ESC is receiving implausible inputs from the transmitter. The ESC is looking for the "neutral", "full forward", and "full reverse" values from the transmitter to be within certain ranges and stable over a span of 1-2 seconds, or it won't accept them and the calibration will fail. Usually this is caused by throttle endpoints being set too far away from 100% or the neutral point on the trigger set too far away from 0%, but sometimes the throttle potentiometer is worn-out and glitchy, and sometimes the transmitter/receiver and the ESC just refuse to talk to each other and you have to try a different brand.

Last edited by fyrstormer; 05-11-2022 at 10:49 PM.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:20 PM   #10

Thank you for all of the replies. Will definitely try contacting Hobbywing.
I have tried all the different throttle settings (through HW link app) and my transmitter. Everything is at "zero", if not, as close as I could get it.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:58 PM   #11

Well problem solved! I feel like an idiot. Turns out all that was wrong was....... the reciever!
Old 08-04-2022, 06:57 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well problem solved! I feel like an idiot. Turns out all that was wrong was....... the reciever!
We've all been there. Cursing one part up and down, just to fine out is was the other part.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 09:04 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yep, I've had that happen before too.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote

HW Xerun AXE R2 will not calibrate throttle. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hobbywing Xerun AXE Jboucher Electronics 565 06-27-2023 05:45 AM
Hobbywing Xerun Axe R2 540L firmware upgrade xagoras Electronics 1 03-30-2021 09:20 AM
Can XERUN AXE 550 motor fit the body without cutting? Veteran Axial SCX10 III 7 05-01-2020 05:31 PM
RC4WD Gelande Defender / Hobbywing Xerun Axe TerryTurnip 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 04-04-2019 04:07 AM