Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: NB4 dig mixing ?’s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2021, 08:25 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default NB4 dig mixing ?’s

I have a dig in my C3. Currently, dig is in ch3 and on a momentary switch so it is only engaged while I hold the switch. I want rear neutral on a momentary as well but I can’t seem to mix ch3 to itself.

Thinking outside the box, can I split the signal wire off the servo and use ch3 for dig then ch4 for neutral. The servo would be grounded and powered from ch3, then shield the split signal wire to ch4?

FS NB4 tx
FGR4P rx
TR4 dig servo w/ sx saver
CC bec set to 7.2v

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2021, 11:38 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: NB4 dig mixing ?’s

Instead of using a "switch" (which only had two positions - 'on' & 'off'), you need to use a "dial". I don't know the Noble NB4 programming, but it's basics shouldn't be any different than other radios. Program movement to be '100', setting the 'center' to be your "neutral" (ie. open). From 'center', turning one "click" (position) in one direction will engage the rear axle, while turning it (again, from center) there other direction will lock the rear. From "engaged", to "locked" (or visa-versa) is two clicks.

Just remember to a) remove the horn from the dig servo, and b) severely minimize the Ch3 endpoints (say, down to '5', or less), before starting. Then, turn on the vehicle (allowing the servo to center, attach the horn so that the dig is as centered (ie. "unlocked" rear axle) as possible, and adjust sub-trim to the point that the dig servo has the mechanism as centered as possible. Once the dig is centered, then you can start adjusting the endpoints (one at a time) to set the "engaged" & "locked" positions...but, do it VERY carefully, increasing the endpoints only 1-2 at a time. If you increase to quickly, without fully testing the position (ie. you must engage the throttle, forward & backwards), you could cause the servo to turn to far, killing the servo. This happened to a LOT of people trying to say up the Spektrum SX107 in their Capra, SCX10.3, and Ryft.

Good luck.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 01:28 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: NB4 dig mixing ?’s

Ok…. Had some time to sit down and really fiddle with this.

Dig Servo on CH3

CH3 assigned to SW3
TRIGGER
NOR

MIX 1 on SW2
TURN
NOR

Mix 1 settings
Master CH3
Slave CH3
Low side 100%
High side -100%
Offset 0%

-End Result-
CH3 dig is now on a momentary switch(SW3) that I can easily reach and hold while steering. In normal operation, Mix 1 OFF, the dig fully engages as long as the switch is depressed and returns to 4WD when released. Mix 1 is toggled ON or OFF by pressing SW2. With Mix 1 ON, the dig servo is limited to half travel and allows the rear wheels to free spin in neutral.

Sorry for being a super nerd. It is what it is.

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote

NB4 dig mixing ?’s - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is the Noble NB4 about to get a 12ch firmware update? gus6464 Electronics 6 10-14-2021 08:32 AM
8 channels receiver for NB4 Teng Electronics 43 03-08-2021 06:58 AM
Dual Esc Adapter-Dig, mixing, biasing, for MOST 3CH RADIOS losikid Vendors Electronics 146 03-10-2014 08:30 AM
Whats the difference between a punk dig and mixing? motorman Electronics 5 09-03-2010 02:45 PM
DX3R Clod Dig mixing? rbgerrish Tamiya Clod Buster 0 04-20-2008 05:56 PM