Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: All at sea with current ESC / motor options!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2022, 12:48 PM   #1

Default All at sea with current ESC / motor options!

I've previously used Novak Rooster Crawler and Novak Eiger Pro in my scale rigs and never had any problems with them, so with a new kit on the way (Gelande II) I'm looking for another scale crawler ESC / motor combo, however two things are causing me a headache - 1) I'd like to go waterproof, 2) I read somewhere that Novak packed up recently.

These Novaks seem to have very good control (in my limited experience), drag brake etc. I've looked at a few 'crawler' ESCs online but am finding it really difficult to find detailed info on them, for example many mention a BEC, but there's no obvious BEC connector even in so-called manual PDFs; I'd probably just want to run lights, possibly a winch if I get to that stage but no plans for that at the moment (already have one on the TF2 SWB, that has the Eiger Pro fitted). My Rooster is paired with a Novak Forty-Five motor, the Eiger with a Novak 35T Rock Star.

So my question really is could someone please recommend budget, mid-range, and high end options, or something that's roughly equivalent to those Novaks that's also waterproof (not just water resistant). Thanks muchly!
jonathanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

All at sea with current ESC / motor options! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Budget Build Tires/Wheels - Current Options? Cunnibra Tires and Wheels 9 08-17-2016 03:22 PM
thinking about new motors. current options? jebster Axial XR10 18 06-06-2015 06:34 PM
Motor ESC Options robertjpjr Maine 5 04-01-2014 05:15 AM
question on esc burst draw vs motor peak current idk Electronics 10 01-14-2014 12:03 AM
Factory ESC/RX current and motor limits? 89redranger Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 7 12-29-2012 11:33 AM