Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: will it work?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #21
TEAM MODERATOR

Here's a short video of a 21 pound rig running a Mamba max/3025-8 and ginormous tires. Not really a comp crawler,just fun to bash with. If I remember correctly,I was running 8 cells then. I currently run 10 cells.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUkQz_a0IYI
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2007, 10:38 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default will it work?

Thanks for the video Steve. I've seen that before in one of your threads. Always fun to watch.

Do you remember what gearing you used in that truck? I'm trying to determine a starting point to gear my 19" wb. tuber rig with Kongs as soon as I complete it here shortly. Any suggestions?.....Main specs are- 18-20 lb range, Twin axles & tranny & 4.3 diffs with spools. I'm either going with the Mamba Maxx/3025-8 combo or the new Novak "Goat" sintered crawler system. I want to keep the spur as small as I can (thats part of the reason for the 4.3 diff gears).

I'm researching but undecided at this point on the type & number of cells to use. I'm pretty interested in Lipos, but I may start off with 9 or 10 sub C's until I get a better handle on the lipos.

Again, this is not really a comp rig, just a big "Ol crawler to run around & have fun with.

Last edited by BeeRC; 08-20-2007 at 10:40 AM.
BeeRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:16 PM   #23

just so you guys know those gws brushless outrunners suck!!! they are not very eficent and the air gap is huge. so all in all they suck dont buy them.
darkfly is offline   Reply With Quote