Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak B/s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 05:12 PM   #21
RCC Addict

I think that asking a loyal Novak customer to pony up $80 because the have an esc that is discontinued is to high. I have a couple Novaks escs that I have worn out over time and would have gladly traded them in to get the product that replaced it, but the calculation ended up being 75% of street price. So I could save the same with a Tower Hobbies discount and then by another brand.

I like Novak products, I support the company, but items that are no longer repaired should be traded in and the customer should get a chance to buy a replacement at 50% of street value.

Keep up the great work Novak, just show some love to your customers.
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Went to your site and checked again. It still comes up to about $20 with shipping and tax...too much for a switch thanks anyways.

Shipping charges are controlled by who you ship with and how you ship. In my work, we pay alot less than that for shipping especially with our business shipping rates.
Buy it from Tower or order it from your LHS.

I have always received great service from Novak FWIW.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoirbud View Post
I think that asking a loyal Novak customer to pony up $80 because the have an esc that is discontinued is to high. I have a couple Novaks escs that I have worn out over time and would have gladly traded them in to get the product that replaced it, but the calculation ended up being 75% of street price. So I could save the same with a Tower Hobbies discount and then by another brand.

I like Novak products, I support the company, but items that are no longer repaired should be traded in and the customer should get a chance to buy a replacement at 50% of street value.

Think about this for a minute... if you bought a new car in 2000 and go back to the dealer now do you think that you are going to get half the value of a new car for your used one?
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #24
Keep it real

So what you are saying is I should be able to go down to the local chevy dealer and trade in my 67 pickup that is worn out and needs servicing, and as they no longer service that old of a rig, I should then expect them to offer me 50% off of a new truck? Hmmmm.....

EDIT: 4u2nv beat me to it,LOL.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Went to your site and checked again. It still comes up to about $20 with shipping and tax...too much for a switch thanks anyways.

Shipping charges are controlled by who you ship with and how you ship. In my work, we pay alot less than that for shipping especially with our business shipping rates.
Most items sold through the Shopatron store are not actually shipped by us. The SAT dealer network ships 70-80% of the orders. These dealers "bid" on shipping the items and generally the dealer closest to the customer ships the order. SAT establishes the shipping charges. In a few cases of Novak exclusive items (mostly obsolete accessories), we can adjust the shipping cost but it's not easy.

The main feature of SAT is giving Hobby Dealers, who cannot maintain their own on-line store, an opportunity to participate in online sales.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
....I have a couple Novaks escs that I have worn out over time and would have gladly traded them in to get the product that replaced it, but the calculation ended up being 75% of street price.....

I like Novak products, I support the company, but items that are no longer repaired should be traded in and the customer should get a chance to buy a replacement at 50% of street value..
I think they have a fair trade-in policy...75% of street price for a new esc is a good deal.

50%??? They have to stay in business....how many years did you use the product for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
Most items sold through the Shopatron store are not actually shipped by us. The SAT dealer network ships 70-80% of the orders. These dealers "bid" on shipping the items and generally the dealer closest to the customer ships the order. SAT establishes the shipping charges. In a few cases of Novak exclusive items (mostly obsolete accessories), we can adjust the shipping cost but it's not easy.

The main feature of SAT is giving Hobby Dealers, who cannot maintain their own on-line store, an opportunity to participate in online sales.
Now I see why...
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

I think we have the most comprehensive and fair customer service replacement/exchange option program in the R/C industry. We do offer exchange for some obsolete items--not 50% of new, but priced reasonably.

In the example discussed here, a user can return an obsolete Super Rooster and exchange it for a Super Duty HV for $79.00---new it is $130.00. A savings of $50.00 off the new price. I sure can't return any of my obsolete electronic items and expect such a generous exchange. Try this at Circuit City and watch them laugh!

Take a look at the replacement/exchange for the GTB: You can send yours in and select any one from five choices--the most costly is $69.00. This is well below 50% of new, which is $189-194. If you burn out your BL motor, you can replace it for $35 or exchange it for a different wind for $45. And we don't require a coupon.....;)
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:57 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

does that mean I could send in a xrs and get a rooster crawler as a replacement? for the rooster price of 39 dollars?
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #29
RCC Addict

I have an old school Rooster here that glitches all the time on me. Could this be upgraded?
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #30