Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak B/s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Novak B/s

i called novak today to send in my super roster to get a wire fixed they said that dont work on them no more i would have to up grade to the super duty on for 80.00 i told them there is anything except a wire.I also asked about the roster and they told me i have to up grade agian for one wire.is this CO. going down hill or what.lLet here what has happen with this CO. with you.
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Novak is horrible, not. My first electric speed control was a novak, purchased nearly 5 years ago. I'm still using it in my pancar today. They have always given me great service. I have never had a problem with them.

Novak rocks!
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #3
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beatjeep View Post
i called novak today to send in my super roster to get a wire fixed they said that dont work on them no more i would have to up grade to the super duty on for 80.00 i told them there is anything except a wire.I also asked about the roster and they told me i have to up grade agian for one wire.is this CO. going down hill or what.lLet here what has happen with this CO. with you.
If you speak english as poorly as you typed that response then I would have hung up on your ass.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #4
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
If you speak english as poorly as you typed that response then I would have hung up on your ass.
He doesn't. His typing is bad though.

It is normal for a company to end of life a product that they no longer make. At some point they need to stop providing support on the older products probably because they don't make enough money doing it.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
RCC Addict

What's up with posts 3,4,5 and 6 ? You all read and probably understood what he was saying . So what is up with the monkey see monkey type crap, he was asking if any else issues with Novak.. positive or negative not his typing talents. Rich I've no problem with them so far .
drumbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Why not fix the wire yourself?
HndsWthtShdws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #7
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbeater View Post
What's up with posts 3,4,5 and 6 ? You all read and probably understood what he was saying . So what is up with the monkey see monkey type crap, he was asking if any else issues with Novak.. positive or negative not his typing talents. Rich I've no problem with them so far .
Are you serious? His post is seriously one of the worst I have read in a long time. The fact is he portrayed his point very un-clearly, it was hard to understand and I was not lying when I said I would have been short with him if he spoke as he typed.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Cracking open the Super Rooster case is pretty simple. Once the case is apart, there will be two seperate circuit boards with pins that locate and hold them together. If you can solder, you can fix it. I've had mine apart a few times now.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Well, when my SS4300 ESC and motor went down the drain, I called them and they were total d!cks on the phone. Rudest damn people.... Then I found Castle Creations, and I am never looking back. There customer service is top notch A++++++++++++++++++++++++++. They are super nice on the phone, and they helped me out and answered all of my questions to the best of their ability, and they more than answered my question. Personally, I think Novak sucks. It only took 9 months for their SS4300 system in my XXX-T to die on me. If I were you, ditch them, and go buy an ESC from another company.
Krawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:11 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Novak has always been good to me. They are nice and professional everytime I have called.

I disagree on Castle, had some bad experience with them.

Life cycle ending is normal. Seriously drive a 1970 Chevelle into a Chevy dealer for service. They will try, but they won't have a single part because the life cycle of that vehicle and maintenance plan is past its term. Sure mechanics could fix it since those cars are so simple, but in the end that isn't the goal of the service team.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Yeah right 19 out of 20 auto techs today have never even seen a set of points, and only know about carburetors what they had to to pass their ASE.

As far as Novak goes, the only one I've burned up was my own damn fault, and they took care of it anyway
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #12
Official Cook of the ECC

My 72 Chevelle has points Not for long though.

I had an issue once and Novak took care of me. Most likely my fault. Geared too high trying to keep up with the nitro's.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:46 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
Cracking open the Super Rooster case is pretty simple. Once the case is apart, there will be two seperate circuit boards with pins that locate and hold them together. If you can solder, you can fix it. I've had mine apart a few times now.
X2. Always had pretty good experiences with Novak except when I needed an on/off switch for my Rooster and they wanted like $20 just to send me the part which costs like $0.25 to make....so I just soldered the wires together inside the case.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #14
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Are you serious? His post is seriously one of the worst I have read in a long time. The fact is he portrayed his point very un-clearly, it was hard to understand and I was not lying when I said I would have been short with him if he spoke as he typed.
Yes both drumbeater and I are serious. Rich does not speak like this in person, and I don't know why he types so bad, oh well, get over it.

I would think that you being a vendor here would be a little more diplomatic on what you type. I guess business is just that good for you where you don't give a shit.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
X2. Always had pretty good experiences with Novak except when I needed an on/off switch for my Rooster and they wanted like $20 just to send me the part which costs like $0.25 to make....so I just soldered the wires together inside the case.
Our Shopatron price for the switch harness is 6.99. We have all of our accessories listed in the SAT store. Shipping charges are high, but we have no control over them.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
We haven't manufactured the Super Rooster for a number of years. Also, we have had no returned items to remanufacture for quite a while. Years ago we decided on a complete replacement / exchange program for customer returns. Labor charges were so high here in CA that charging customers to fix old items was not economically feasible.

I realize that replacing a single wire is the most annoying service from a user's viewpoint. Shipping an item to us, paying the service fee for the repair and then paying the return shipping charge could easily exceed $25.00. We assumed---perhaps incorrectly---that most racers would not want to pay this much money.

We generally encourage the customer to see if there is someone local--perhaps a hobby dealer, or friend---who could re-solder the wire. We would be happy to mail a replacement wire.

Having explained our procedure, if you want to return your item for the service described above, just PM me and I will gladly authorize the transaction.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
We haven't manufactured the Super Rooster for a number of years. Also, we have had no returned items to remanufacture for quite a while. Years ago we decided on a complete replacement / exchange program for customer returns. Labor charges were so high here in CA that charging customers to fix old items was not economically feasible.

I realize that replacing a single wire is the most annoying service from a user's viewpoint. Shipping an item to us, paying the service fee for the repair and then paying the return shipping charge could easily exceed $25.00. We assumed---perhaps incorrectly---that most racers would not want to pay this much money.

We generally encourage the customer to see if there is someone local--perhaps a hobby dealer, or friend---who could re-solder the wire. We would be happy to mail a replacement wire.

Having explained our procedure, if you want to return your item for the service described above, just PM me and I will gladly authorize the transaction.
Man I wish I would have talked to you when Ibought a defective 5800BL system. It was when they first came out. The first batch we got at the hobby store. Who ever I talked to was very rude and said it was my fault and I would have to pay to fix it. Even though it never worked in the 30min it was out of the box.

Anyways glad novak is offering atleast help now.
Cole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole82 View Post
Man I wish I would have talked to you when Ibought a defective 5800BL system. It was when they first came out. The first batch we got at the hobby store. Who ever I talked to was very rude and said it was my fault and I would have to pay to fix it. Even though it never worked in the 30min it was out of the box.

Anyways glad novak is offering atleast help now.
I'm surprised that any of our tech support / customer service employees would be able to determine whether or not something was covered by warranty until we have an opportunity to see it and check it out.

Generally, we ask the customer to return the product before we can make a determination. In any event, I'm sorry that you were not treated well. That's one reason why I monitor many R/C forums and encourage posters to contact us if they feel that their situations have not been resolved.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #19
RCC Addict

The same thing happened to me with a 5800ss system. I purchased it directly through the site and it didn't work. Sent it back and was told it was water damaged that they would fix it for me this once but never again... I never even used it how did it get water damage?
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
Our Shopatron price for the switch harness is 6.99. We have all of our accessories listed in the SAT store. Shipping charges are high, but we have no control over them.
Went to your site and checked again. It still comes up to about $20 with shipping and tax...too much for a switch thanks anyways.

Shipping charges are controlled by who you ship with and how you ship. In my work, we pay alot less than that for shipping especially with our business shipping rates.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote