Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Enduro IFS perfect platform, but we wont get a licensed new bronco.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2020, 01:09 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Enduro IFS perfect platform, but we wont get a licensed new bronco.

So with Element notoriously making bodies that are a close approximation of certain trucks, maybe... Its a pretty safe bet we wont get a licensed new ford bronco body on the perfectly equipped IFS, linked solid rear platform.

There was already news of a new bright rc car posted by Jato in the 1:1 bronco thread in chit chat. It looks to be about a 10 inch wheelbase at best (2 door).

This got me to thinking...
Could an element IFS chassis be shortened to 10 inch wb?
I think so and here is the recipe in my head...
For my ford body I was able to move the sliders forward one "notch" if you will. I'm not home so I can't take maeasurements but I am willing to bet if you chopped that difference out of the center of the enduro frame rails, it would hold together fine at the skid with 4 scres per side, 2 per half to prevent a hinge effect.
Bolt the slider platforms against the rails to sandwich the raid between them and the skid and it should be pretty sturdy.
Then make up the rest by running shorter links out back and maybe trimming the driveshaft.
(Essentially the same idea as the ascender sliding adjustable frame, only permanent)

I would be super willing and able to try it for anyone willing to donate an IFS rig and a new bright bronco body. I would even give it back when I'm done.
Just want to see if its possible.

Anyone agree with this potential success?

Last edited by Shinchu; 07-15-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2020, 01:48 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Enduro IFS perfect platform, but we wont get a licensed new bronco.

I was the one who said its probably Tamiya sized in Jato's thread but I think I'm wrong.

After a second look it seems like it might be much closer to a typical 1/10 scale wheelbase, maybe 12"-13"? off of the image they have on the product page I'm guessing the body will be around 19" long and 8-9" wide.

I think the real question is if I buy one who will take the trash that is the RC underneath? Even my 2 year old nephew has moved on to hobby grade RC's

As for shortening the Enduro I think I would first see if it can be shortened from just the rear. If you do end up needing a short wheelbase I think the rear kick up on the rails should still allow axle to clear when scooted forward a few inches. combine that with the fact that the frame rails sit higher than most already and I think you should have plenty of room so you wont need to chop it out of the middle.

I also scooted my skid forward a notch, mainly to place the sliders in a better position.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 07-15-2020 at 01:54 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 02:09 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I'll be over hear, watching, and waiting for somebody to hack this together.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:22 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

If I had the funds I would just buy an extra set of frame rails and ifs kit. Sacrifice my current enduro in the name of science, and if it didnt work I could just put it back to normal.
I need sponsorship lol

Last edited by Shinchu; 07-15-2020 at 07:28 PM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote

Enduro IFS perfect platform, but we wont get a licensed new bronco. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enduro IFS Shock Tuning thread HumboldtEF Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 19 07-15-2020 09:25 PM
OS's IFS Enduro OSRC Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 46 04-05-2020 07:28 PM
IFS platform codename: ExoYet! ACR 2.2 Scale Rigs 22 06-14-2015 09:00 PM
Early Bronco platform Asotktl 1.5 Scale Rigs 18 09-30-2014 07:00 AM