Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Soze's Element Enduro Gatekeeper build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2021, 11:05 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Soze's Element Enduro Gatekeeper build

Had a chance to take the Gatekeeper out to the beach for a quick crawl. Needed to see where the rig was at in terms of performance so that I could see what else needed to be adjusted. Overall, it did pretty good, but the cage really does make it a challenge due to it being weight up top. I have some ideas of what to change and will make the adjustments and take it out for a run again.

soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2021, 05:58 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Had a chance to take the Gatekeeper out to the beach for a quick crawl. Needed to see where the rig was at in terms of performance so that I could see what else needed to be adjusted. Overall, it did pretty good, but the cage really does make it a challenge due to it being weight up top. I have some ideas of what to change and will make the adjustments and take it out for a run again.

I cannot describe how much more capable the gatekeeper is with the additional width of AR60 axles. I also run at about 80% droop.

The rear shocks are in the rear hole on the trailing arms, the top most forward hole on the tower plate top mount, and I run the fronts on one of the holes that would have gone into the bodyposts, with the shocks on top of the axle with zero pre-load on any of the shocks.

More info on the modifications here.

Gatekeeper AR60 Conversion

Last edited by Maxx_Action; 05-21-2021 at 06:06 AM.
Maxx_Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 09:53 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Backlog

Took the Gatekeeper out the the beach again earlier this month. Starting to get the hang of driving it given that it's a longer wheelbase and more top heavy than my Sendero due to the cage. It did pretty well, and I did have to keep in mind that I couldn't drive it exactly the same as my Sendero.

Last edited by soze; 11-01-2021 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:11 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Took the Gatekeeper on a trail run for some KOH type action. It did fantastic out in that environment and was really fun to drive. Once you get used to the setup and drive it appropriately, it's really fun on trail runs. The transmission did get a little louder, so I think I need to check and make sure that the motor mount/pinion mesh didn't slip.

Old 08-20-2021, 12:21 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Some more trail action for the Gatekeeper! Headed out with some of the locals. Decided to crawl with the Gatekeeper again since there was going to be another one out crawling with us.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:19 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Had some fun out on the trails again with the Element Gatekeeper. Crawled out there with @got__rocks from Instagram and Steve from Rock Pirates RC. (check out their cool stuff at https://rockpiratesrc.com/) Many nice lines were made this day... unfortunately... my GoPro had issues. Turns out it would record the first part of a rig making a line, then the video would freeze while the audio kept recording. Ugh. Enjoy what I was able to salvage from the footage though.

Old 09-27-2021, 12:28 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Do you like the rig???
Saw these at PLBF and caught my interest - especially the kit.

I wonder if it's sorca legal...do you know??
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 01:42 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Do you like the rig???
Saw these at PLBF and caught my interest - especially the kit.

I wonder if it's sorca legal...do you know??

Hey Chris!

Haven't crawled with you in a while, and I missed PLBTF this year. We should crawl again.

I like the Gatekeeper as a chassis, and the cage is OK, but it does hold it back on performance although it can still be pretty capable with it on. I'm about to convert mine to an Ecto by just replacing the cage with the Ecto body.
Old 09-27-2021, 02:27 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Hmmm...the 'like button' still missing on this stupid site. What were they thinking? SMH
Now I'm less excited. Oh well. And copying the old dodge powerwagon was just a complete fail. And it's not even a good example of one. Everyone has already BTDT. The 'yota runner wannabe looks better than that.

Ralph's LA Club did a birthday party crawling event at CDM Rocks not too long ago - first time we'd been down there in like a year. Seems like the city stopped allowing organized events due to trash left behind. I doubt that was from the crawlers.
Still plenty of peeps show up down there to test rigs for sure.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:51 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Hmmm...the 'like button' still missing on this stupid site. What were they thinking? SMH
Now I'm less excited. Oh well. And copying the old dodge powerwagon was just a complete fail. And it's not even a good example of one. Everyone has already BTDT. The 'yota runner wannabe looks better than that.

Ralph's LA Club did a birthday party crawling event at CDM Rocks not too long ago - first time we'd been down there in like a year. Seems like the city stopped allowing organized events due to trash left behind. I doubt that was from the crawlers.
Still plenty of peeps show up down there to test rigs for sure.
Well if you plan to head out to CDM let me know. I can bring the Gatekeeper for you to check out.

Soze's Element Enduro Gatekeeper build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Soze's Enduro Trailwalker RTR soze Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 46 11-03-2021 03:51 PM
shock position Enduro vs Gatekeeper MOguy Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 3 11-11-2020 08:49 AM
Soze's Enduro Trailwalker @ CDM Rocks 7/3/2020 soze Scale Videos! 0 07-21-2020 12:02 AM
Soze's Element Enduro - New Year's Day CDM Run soze Scale Videos! 0 01-14-2020 10:04 PM
Soze's MST CFX-W Build soze Max Speed Technology CFX 90 01-31-2019 01:02 AM