Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Picked up a Trailrunner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2020, 09:15 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Picked up a Trailrunner

I picked up a Enduro Trailrunner this week at my LHS, actually been wanting a IFS trail rig so was excited to pick one of these up. New to Element RC, but not new to Team Associated products. First impressions are that it's a very nicely built rig, looks like it will have a lot of potential and be a excellent rig for the trails and mild crawling. Haven't had a 1.55" rig in a very long time so looking forward to getting out there and running this.

Added the full size front bumper option and the included LED's. Also swapped out the small battery holder for the fullsize version (wanted more weight over on the front for the IFS as it's a little stiffer than a straight axle setup)

The body wasn't really all that appealing, so I started adding the accessories that come with it. (just had to drill a few holes) Also had to remove the lower lexan bumper (2 pins and some double sided tape) and trim the fender flares to clear the fullsize front bumper option.

Looks much better now all finished up with a few details painted and all the accessories added. Ready to hit the trails!

HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2020, 09:27 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Picked up a Trailrunner

Element's approach of "make it your own" with the variety of uninstalled accessories included in the box with the RTR is pretty fun. Have fun running the trails!
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 09:28 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
Element's approach of "make it your own" with the variety of uninstalled accessories included in the box with the RTR is pretty fun. Have fun running the trails!
Definitely nice of them to include some options. I kinda hated the body until I stuck all the goodies on there. Came with a bunch of different decal options as well.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:30 AM   #4

Looks great! I ordered one and have it on the way.

Several things swayed me to the Trailrunner

1) I have a 4wd 5th Gen 4Runner in real life.

2) I’ve never tried an IFS crawler before.

3) The small details count. The garage box. The accesories included. One of the strongest RTR servos. Cool decals sheet. The manual looks like a Haynes or full size vehicle manual. The licensed tires. The “TRD” (ERC) log on the wheels.

Also, I already have a TRX4 and TRX6. The SCX10III looks fantastic but beside the horrible transmission with clicking and slop, failing servos, and all-in-one ESC/receiver, it’s not something I’d support.
KingRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 06:06 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRaptor View Post
the horrible transmission with clicking and slop, failing servos, and all-in-one ESC/receiver, it’s not something I’d support.
I believe you can eliminate all 3 of these “issues” by building the kit version. The Axial definitely wins in the scale looks department. Don’t get me wrong I like the Enduro platform, own one, but their bodies were definitely an afterthought. The decals on my Trailwalker looked like my kid stuck them on haha.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 06:58 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
I believe you can eliminate all 3 of these “issues” by building the kit version. The Axial definitely wins in the scale looks department. Don’t get me wrong I like the Enduro platform, own one, but their bodies were definitely an afterthought. The decals on my Trailwalker looked like my kid stuck them on haha.
Agree with the bodies being a afterthought, especially at the price point. The Trailrunner body is probably the best looking one they have (after adding accessories atleast) I really liked the "fire" version, but it's not available yet.
Old 12-14-2020, 07:01 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRaptor View Post
Looks great! I ordered one and have it on the way.

Several things swayed me to the Trailrunner

1) I have a 4wd 5th Gen 4Runner in real life.

2) I’ve never tried an IFS crawler before.

3) The small details count. The garage box. The accesories included. One of the strongest RTR servos. Cool decals sheet. The manual looks like a Haynes or full size vehicle manual. The licensed tires. The “TRD” (ERC) log on the wheels.

Also, I already have a TRX4 and TRX6. The SCX10III looks fantastic but beside the horrible transmission with clicking and slop, failing servos, and all-in-one ESC/receiver, it’s not something I’d support.
I think you will be very happy with it, the IFS has some limitations, but for what they are trying to do by offering a "trail" truck, it hits the mark. Certainly can make it a more capable "crawler" with some tuning and 1.9's
Old 12-14-2020, 05:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
I've heard lots of complaints of the Trailwalker stickers. Happy the Trailrunner decal sheet is left to us!

I'd like the SCX10 III eventually, but I'll give them time to work out the issues.
KingRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 04:51 PM   #9

I have 5th 4runner , I just order this without a battery. Which battery do you recommend for this?
vinha916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 07:03 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinha916 View Post
I have 5th 4runner , I just order this without a battery. Which battery do you recommend for this?
I'm actually running these Ovonic 5200mah 50c 2s lipos from Amazon in both my Trailrunner and Gen 8, they are light weight and work fantastic.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 12-22-2020, 06:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMM View Post
I'm actually running these Ovonic 5200mah 50c 2s lipos from Amazon in both my Trailrunner and Gen 8, they are light weight and work fantastic.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks, I order give it a try.
Old 12-25-2020, 05:32 PM   #12

Got mine yesterday I tried both battery 7.4 and 11.1v. man 11.1 really fast I love going pavement with it.
Old 12-25-2020, 06:53 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Got mine yesterday I tried both battery 7.4 and 11.1v. man 11.1 really fast I love going pavement with it.
Excellent
Old 11-07-2021, 01:58 AM   #14

Quote:
Hi, I just got my TrialRunner yesterday. Can you tell me does the 11.1 get the motor really hot? Currently I am using 2S Shorty 4600 mah 50C, and thinking about going 3S but they don't have 3S in shorty format. Trying to get the weight down.
m34doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 08:09 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34doors View Post
Hi, I just got my TrialRunner yesterday. Can you tell me does the 11.1 get the motor really hot? Currently I am using 2S Shorty 4600 mah 50C, and thinking about going 3S but they don't have 3S in shorty format. Trying to get the weight down.
Here's a whole page of Shorty 3S LiPo packs:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-craw...5_1304&lg=fk25
durok is offline   Reply With Quote

Picked up a Trailrunner - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Trailrunner is shipped! Hodgy88 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 49 12-14-2020 05:49 PM
Robotboy's Trailrunner Robotboy Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 11 09-16-2020 05:33 AM
Clear Trailrunner’s now available Topher Builds Paint and Body 7 08-29-2020 09:06 AM