Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Updated my Sendero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2020, 07:34 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Updated my Sendero

After a few posts about paint, otors, pinions etc I finished a mild overhall of my Sendero. Not a massive transformation but I quite like it.

Wheel rches and bed done in mat black (black with a flat lacquer)
Bonnet (hood) done in Camel yellow
Roll bar from a Trail Walker (plus PCB standoffs to increase it's height to match Senderio cab)
Hobbywing AXE550 2700kv and 18T pinion
Vanquish front and rear bumpers

Sadly, I'm too inept to figure out how to post an image on this forum but I can at least comment on the motor and bumper upgrades.

Bumpers are superb, no more getting hung up and they look great.

Motor is a hoot. Tons of power and more speed than I need. But, still crawls way beter than the original motor with a hobbywing 1080.

Couldn't be happier. Thanks for all the advice from people on the forum.
Cuiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2020, 07:50 AM   #2
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: Updated my Sendero

Glad to hear it worked out!

Can’t guide you on the photo issue, I don’t know much about photos hosting. I just keep the photos I post here on site, keeps it simple. When you figure it out, post up a pic or two. Always nice to see an image
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 07:58 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

On my most recent attempt, I hosted images using imgur, then used [img] tags to embed the image into the post.

Example:
https://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=10
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:12 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I use PostImage and paste the direct link

Works pretty good but I suppose they will all disappear when PostImage goes under.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:08 AM   #5
Go Buckeyes!

Sounds like the update on your Sendero went well! Hopefully we can see it sometime!

I bought a star here and use this forum to post pics. Also, I use Tapatalk to post pics when I am away from my computer.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 12:55 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Okay, figured it out. Thanks for the pointers!

It's a bit grubby here and I'd not even got around to cleaning the camel yellow dust out of the bed but I think you can see the general idea. No revolutions compared to stock but trying to make the most of the existing shell.

I really like the roll bar and black bed in the back and the yellow bonnet looks decent against the grey.

The vanquish bumpers are also a total win. Look great and work really well.

Actually took it out for a proper blast yesterday. It works great. The HW AXE550 is way more power than I need but I've set the punch quite low (to save the gears) and it does the job nicely. The 18T pinion gives a good turn of speed (jogging sort of pace) which is significanty faster than stock but it still crawls incredibly slowly (does benefit from exp on the controller though).

Also, at 18T, even with the 'turbo' set to 5%, and lots of WOT runs, the motor temp was still only 'luke warm'.

I also used some shoe goo and scrim tape in the shell along with a couple of other tricks to stiffen it a bit and I think this has improved the overall 'flexing' of he truck.

Thanks again for all the help.

Last edited by Cuiken; 12-23-2020 at 01:05 AM.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:33 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Few more mods. Really liking how it looks now:

Old 02-08-2021, 08:01 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Looks great. Have you thought about making the 'panel' (follow the body lines) on the sides yellow to match the hood? Would look good I think. Leave the rocker area, top/front/back of fenders and cab gray. Or even just on the fender sections and leave the whole door gray.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 12:28 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Thanks, I'm just finding my way with painting body shells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
Looks great. Have you thought about making the 'panel' (follow the body lines) on the sides yellow to match the hood? Would look good I think. Leave the rocker area, top/front/back of fenders and cab gray. Or even just on the fender sections and leave the whole door gray.
It's a thought. Unfortunately I have run out of yellow paint

The 'idea' was to go for the missmatched body panel look with some left over Camel Yellow from my Wendigo build.

That said, It was quite an easy and satisfying task (and I'm bored out of my mind in this lockdown situation). So, yeah, maybe....
Old 02-09-2021, 12:29 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Oh, just a note, had to trim the mudguards back a bit and raise the body posts one notch to fit these tyres in. Otherwise they do snag badly.

Updated my Sendero - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ANTIGACHO following the sendero antigacho Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 71 11-28-2020 12:41 PM
Sendero time! jason02ws6 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 8 12-30-2019 08:40 AM
Sendero Mods Alvinm Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 12 10-30-2019 05:58 AM