Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: I guess this will be it..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2021, 03:04 PM   #1

Default I guess this will be it..

Hi,
I thought I wanted the Tamiya CC-02 for junior and myself. Then bbeck006 recommended the Axial SCX10 iii or the Element Enduro because I was on about wanting to modify it to fit bigger tyres, maybe widen it and such.

I have been looking at both threads and shops to get them. Here in Norway the Axial is bonkers expensive. Well, that is incorrect. It costs a lot of money starting at well over 6500 NoK.

I can't find the Element Enduro here, but I can order it from England. For instance Modelsport. I basically landed on the Element Enduro Trail Truck Trailwalker because of budget considerations. It looks like a lot of bang for my buck, well NoK. It will total with shipping and taxes about 2000 NoK cheaper than the Axial SCX10 iii.

I have a few quests, since I have been away from the RC world for 25+ years.

Is going for the largest battery pack smart? They have three power bundles, 7.2, 7.4 and 11.1 V. (Not sure I can order the power pack at all. I might have to get that here).

Is the trail truck trailwalker RTR really fully assembled? I feel that takes some of the fun away..

Also, what is the difference between the trailwalker and sendero?

Thoughts?

Last edited by Fred_RC; 03-15-2021 at 04:36 PM.
Fred_RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2021, 04:40 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: I guess this will be it..

I have always run 3S/11.1V in my crawlers and I feel it gives me the right amount of power in tight spots. My packs last forever too, probably 3+ hours under normal crawling conditions.

The RTR will be fully assembled, per factory specs. You probably have to put batteries in transmitter and charge the pack it comes with, but you will be up and running in no time.

I stay away from RTRs just cause I like the build almost as much as the drive. You will also find a lot of people that buy RTRs will tear them down, re-grease to their liking, and then rebuild it.
RCBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 05:09 PM   #3

What is a good alternative?
Old 03-15-2021, 08:46 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Regarding batteries, the mAh impacts the run time. I am ready to quit before my 3s in the 5000 mAh range runs low. An alternative to the RTR is the Enduro builders kit, and the parts you want to finish it if you can get it in Norway for an acceptable price. A friend just completed a build from the Enduro kit and loves it. It took him months to settle on a kit and he was not disappointed. My guess is that we also have greater access to parts so that may limit you as well.

Good luck
Boomer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 06:37 AM   #5

Is it possible to fit a trailwalker style front and rear fender to the sendero? I can get one of those used for decent amount, and as far as I can tell (and please correct me if I am way off) they are basically the truck..
Old 03-18-2021, 09:32 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Yes, the Trailwalker bumpers fit, and are a popular option - as are Vanquish Origin plastic bumpers and Gmade GS01 plastic front bumpers.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 09:41 AM   #7
Go Buckeyes!

Yes, as durok has just said. I haven't yet tried out the Vanquish bumpers, but I have seen them used.

Here is a look at mine with the G-Made GS01 bumper and the Trailwalker bumper on my Sendero.

Name:  IMG_4167.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  156.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4901.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  153.5 KB
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:36 AM   #8

Wow!
That is a really kick ass looking Sendero!! I have the option of getting a used Sendero for about 300 USD (not too bad). I was recommended a Axial SCX10 ii builders kit from the biggest (I think) webshop here in Norway.
I am looking for a solid recommendation on those options. I realize I am in the Sendero thread (hehe), but I am fairly comfortable asking you guys. This seems like a really friendly environment

I will not come out as low in total price with the SCX ii builders kit.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:37 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Having built and run multiple SCX10II and Element kits, I have to say that if you want the best value, the Element kit will be the best option. You get an overdriven transmission right from the start, and the axles have removable C-hubs, which is a huge deal when it comes to repairs. With the SCX10II builder's kit, it has C-hubs molded into the front axle, meaning if you break one, you'll have to replace the entire front axle, which is expensive and time consuming.

You can, of course, purchase the multi-piece front axle separately for the SCX10II, but it adds up in cost quick as you have to buy all the components that aren't integrated into it, as well. From a value standpoint, this alone eliminates the SCX10II kit, in my opinion.

The two are fairly comparable in performance, but if the Element chassis is the cheaper option, I would go for that. The Element is made with softer, more flexible plastic that causes the chassis to flex more, but even if you had the SCX10II, if you want to install bigger tires then you'll want more power, and if you want more power, then you'll be wanting to stiffen the chassis anyway, which is by no means expensive whichever kit you choose.

Last edited by addiemonster; 03-23-2021 at 07:39 AM.
addiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:18 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

The other nice thing with the Element chassis is that they make harder plastic upgrades for selected parts if you feel you need additional stiffness and don't want to spend unnecessary amounts on metal upgrades. No other manufacturer does this...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote

I guess this will be it.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guess what it will be????? motorman1600 1.9 Scale Rigs 73 12-02-2009 02:12 PM
can you guess scalerfreak Chit Chat 27 09-27-2007 06:55 PM
your guess.... muddeprived Tamiya Clod Buster 4 05-01-2007 03:18 PM
guess what. Double J Chit Chat 38 01-08-2007 12:21 AM
guess what im getting!! m0nkey98 Chit Chat 6 12-23-2006 04:43 PM