Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2021, 09:41 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Ecto body on Gatekeeper

I got my Ecto body mounted up. There’s a video showing a guy cutting 10mm off of the front of the chassis rails along with cutting the bumper mount off after the first set of holes. Doesn’t sound like much but it does tuck the front bumper in for better approach angles. I have no interest in swapping bodies back and forth so altering the front a little was an easy decision in favor of performance. Still a little strange that the front of the body wasn’t made a little longer to cover the bumper mount. I don’t run interiors on my rigs, and the Ecto body is only 1/3 the weight of the Gatekeeper body. Should make a big difference in handling.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2021, 11:31 AM   #22
JMo

The first thing I imagined was this would be some sort of Ghostbusters tribute build...

I must admit I'm a little disappointed.

Sincerely, the Keymaster.
JMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 05:16 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Been waiting on a clear body forever...I got the e-mail that Associated had just got them in stock this morning at 7:02. By 8:30, they were sold out again. :(
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 05:05 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
I got my Ecto body mounted up. There’s a video showing a guy cutting 10mm off of the front of the chassis rails along with cutting the bumper mount off after the first set of holes. Doesn’t sound like much but it does tuck the front bumper in for better approach angles. I have no interest in swapping bodies back and forth so altering the front a little was an easy decision in favor of performance. Still a little strange that the front of the body wasn’t made a little longer to cover the bumper mount. I don’t run interiors on my rigs, and the Ecto body is only 1/3 the weight of the Gatekeeper body. Should make a big difference in handling.
I have an idea to shave off 5mm without cutting the frame rails. Granted it's not 10mm but I don't like cutting the frame for fear of wanting to use it with a different body in the future.
I agree it is a great idea but you only use a single screw either side to secure the mount!

I'll post it up when I get around to doing it.

It will entail shaping/cutting the bumper mount in order to slide it further back into the rails and drilling 4 new mounting holes, 2 each side. The ecto bumper will probably need a small amount shaved off on the inner side where it meets the rails.
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 06:12 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Mr lee, good points there for another option. I’m just not sure why the body was designed so short in the front that the frame rails stick out about an inch past the front of the body. At first I thought there’s something wrong with the body so I checked other pictures of it mounted to confirm it. Nonetheless, I have lots of rigs and will likely never change bodies again so that didn’t concern me. It does look much better and the bumper mount is still quite solid so I’m not worried about that, but I totally understand that a lot of people may be nervous about cutting the frame so still curious what you come up with.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote

Ecto body on Gatekeeper - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Element Ecto Trail SteveB1 General Crawlers 6 07-11-2021 02:23 PM
No ecto news ? crazee horse Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 0 05-30-2021 03:37 PM
Ecto-1 mmatthews 1.5 Scale Rigs 133 01-02-2014 07:29 PM
Body mounts on a gatekeeper chassis usedandabused Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1 12-18-2011 04:39 PM
Body for Gatekeeper WAM Axial AX-10 Scorpion 21 06-18-2011 05:29 PM