Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: AR44 axles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2021, 08:36 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: AR44 axles

If you look at my pic above, there is really very little more, if any, hanging below the Enduro axle than the AR44 axle. Very minimal.
With that said and AR 44's already under my Enduro, I upgraded my 44's today. ...Nothing new.
6 bolt locker, SSD machined gears with a front overdrive (adding to my stock 6% trans OD) and some bits of brass.
I am running my stock shocks on the lower link pivots plus I have keys on top for angle adjustability.
I have left my front shocks with stock rtr oil and springs, for now. Today I put the blue springs on my rear shocks with 40 wt oil...
Oh I dropped my pinion 1T to 17 & put in a 27T Axial motor. I had that on hand. I burnt my Reedy motor by running Enduro hexes on the 44 axles lol (doesn't work).

Success I feel on keeping the truck running flat. Not torque twist to the right. Less squat when climbing.
Really I feel the TT is a tuning issue.

So, on the cheap... lower the truck (free), get some stiffer blue springs (for the rear) & 40wt oil (for the rear only for now). IMO this will reduce the TT a lot.
The OD gears for the front (27/8 I believe) is certainly a bonus for climbing.

Maxxamillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2021, 03:55 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxamillion View Post
If you look at my pic above, there is really very little more, if any, hanging below the Enduro axle than the AR44 axle. Very minimal.
With that said and AR 44's already under my Enduro, I upgraded my 44's today. ...Nothing new.
6 bolt locker, SSD machined gears with a front overdrive (adding to my stock 6% trans OD) and some bits of brass.
I am running my stock shocks on the lower link pivots plus I have keys on top for angle adjustability.
I have left my front shocks with stock rtr oil and springs, for now. Today I put the blue springs on my rear shocks with 40 wt oil...
Oh I dropped my pinion 1T to 17 & put in a 27T Axial motor. I had that on hand. I burnt my Reedy motor by running Enduro hexes on the 44 axles lol (doesn't work).

Success I feel on keeping the truck running flat. Not torque twist to the right. Less squat when climbing.
Really I feel the TT is a tuning issue.

So, on the cheap... lower the truck (free), get some stiffer blue springs (for the rear) & 40wt oil (for the rear only for now). IMO this will reduce the TT a lot.
The OD gears for the front (27/8 I believe) is certainly a bonus for climbing.

Try climbing something steep.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 05:36 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I'm interested to hear your opinion. I'm only voicing the opposite opinion because you are suggesting an expensive upgrade to fix something with no evidence to say it fixes anything. I dont want anyone to end up spending money based on that. But again I do want to know what you come up with.

If you have a Youtube account to watch videos you can upload to it. If you're not into having videos or a channel you could upload as a unlisted video (not private) then share the link to allow us to watch.
I set up a youtube account/channel called RC build this morning. I will try to upload videos this evening.
Old 10-14-2021, 04:48 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
Try climbing something steep.
Oh I try too! Limited by what I have on my property to setup & test. No smooth steep red rock type climbing around me.

I did follow your lead MO... I jumped right on doing the AR44 swap. I like the swap. I still had TT/body lean after doing the swap (probably not as much). Thats where my shock oil & spring change helped a bunch.
My Enduro is not a comp rig like yours are, but it does well as a crawler and trail truck. You did help me improve my rig. :-)

I have some great natural terrain to rock crawl and have a cool natural terrain trail. I hardly have to build it... it just there.
Guess I'm done here.

Maxxamillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 06:26 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

TRX 4 No OD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMyWnPWEoNw

AR 44s Corrupt Carbon Chassis about 32% OD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp9O7eIavqI

Brazin 30% OD Enduro Axles

https://youtu.be/EeeYi7WBkWI
Old 10-14-2021, 06:48 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxamillion View Post
Oh I try too! Limited by what I have on my property to setup & test. No smooth steep red rock type climbing around me.

I did follow your lead MO... I jumped right on doing the AR44 swap. I like the swap. I still had TT/body lean after doing the swap (probably not as much). Thats where my shock oil & spring change helped a bunch.
My Enduro is not a comp rig like yours are, but it does well as a crawler and trail truck. You did help me improve my rig. :-)

I have some great natural terrain to rock crawl and have a cool natural terrain trail. I hardly have to build it... it just there.
Guess I'm done here.

This is an Enduro chassis.
Try lifting you rear upper control arms at the transmission side.

Last edited by MOguy; 10-14-2021 at 07:05 PM.

AR44 axles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rc4wd portal axles for axial ar44 axles scx10 ii soze General Crawlers 1 06-04-2019 02:12 AM
Ar44 axles or vp axles with mounted servo Johan_Eriksson 1.9 Scale Rigs 9 10-29-2017 01:00 PM