Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: OCM/Newage - Enroute/Berg General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 12:36 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default OCM/Newage - Enroute/Berg General Chat

Hey guys. Since the Ocm Newage Review post has kinda become the general chit chat area, I thought it might be a good idea to start a new ocm chit chat thread.

Can I ask what Chassis and wheels are other OCM owners going to be using?

Right now I'm planning a Blackjack Chassis and I'm not sure which beadlocks I'm going to use. I'm looking into which Beadlocks come in a positive offset to bring the wheels in.

Seems like Meyhem engineering offers some competitively priced offset beadlocks.

What are your thoughts?
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2008, 12:57 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Mayhem WK offset wheels should work, I don't know if anyone's tried them yet (I will as soon as I get mine.) VF WK offset wheels work well, as do CAC tuckers. I think Eritex is coming out with something soon, they should be the least expensive (but still high quality)
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I mounted mine up to a BlackJack and no issues at all.

Wait till Vanquish Products comes out with their Berg offset. They will be function over form and the weights will be able to changed from the face of the wheel. Strictly comp but with the fit and finish Vanquish is known for.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

ok im lost here. whats Ocm/newage-enroute/berg. and tom i see your from tacoma. washington?
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:19 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Yep I'm from Tacoma. I'm actually an old participant of the WARCRC comps but it's been a little over a year since I've been to one. I'm working on my comeback however. I occasionally lurk around the WARCRC board but havn't been contributing for a while. I won't be at the next comp but possibly the one after that.

Here is a link to the new EnRoute Berg kit from Amainhobbies. I picked one up and am beginning my build.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/23788
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:17 AM   #6
'08 2.2 National Champ

Anyone know what offset the stock wheels come with?
Just Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zach View Post
Anyone know what offset the stock wheels come with?
1/2" in to the bottom of the hex from the beadlock .
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Default ocm/berg wheels from Mayhem Eng.

We just finished our ocm/berg offset wheels, they will be posted up tonight in the vendors market. Here is some info. on them. They are 1" wide, they come in the Mayhem 7 and spider and solid face, your track width will be 10 3/8 they fit the stk. ocm/berg hexes. The locking nut that holds the wheel in place is C' bored and sits below the locking ring. You can get them anodized, any style of ring that we offer and 8 or 16 holes. Wheel material is alum. we can also do them in delrin. We will have pic's tonight. We can start shipping in about 3 weeks.

Thanks Mayhem Eng.

Last edited by EeePee; 06-04-2008 at 01:47 PM. Reason: removed price
Mayhem Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
The locking nut that holds the wheel in place is C' bored and sits below the locking ring.
I am not familiar with that terminology. Could you please explain and/or post a picture?
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Counter bored AKA C' bored On the face of the wheel (road side) there is a c' bore for the locking nut to sit in. in other words the locking nut is not sitting on the face of the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
I am not familiar with that terminology. Could you please explain and/or post a picture?
Mayhem Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

hmmmmmmmm I don't really like my VF wheels . I might be looking for a set of these soon .
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:45 PM   #12
Adilynsdad too!

Blackjack chassis with full plates on each side, CAC tucker wheels, sidewinder ESC, Rizzo dual micro switches for f/r dig, 45t lathes, 3 cell lipo, hugs, kisses, and reach-arounds
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

i am considering flipping and clocking the rear axle so the motor is behind and above the axle similar to a lot of the clod supers i have seen .

has anyone done this yet ?

do you think the motor would get hit less leading the axle in the stock location or trailing the axle . my worry is a brush shunt getting hit and losing power.

lets hear some pros and cons to this idea

cheers
BoNuS LiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

ok well i went ahead and did this mod and it worked slick

super simple

look for the berg axle flip thread to check it out

cheers
Old 06-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Noticed there has been a lot of talk about trying to get the axles by themselves, so I went over to enroute's site to verify the pricing of them. Sadly, the axles by themselves are no longer listed there.

But if I remember correctly, they had listed the axles about 2/3rds of the cost of the kit. So, to put that in American dollars at current kit selling price, we would be in the ballpark of $230 just for the axles, and as I remember them, this would be without the servo mount/plate. Add a servo mount, and you would be in the $250 range. Maybe it is just me, but if this is how they come priced if they do become available, it is worth the extra $100 to me for all the other crap. Nice shocks, nice wheels for another project, plenty of hardware, a few links, bumper/battery mount, some random aluminum, etc is well worth that.

And this is coming from a guy that is literally only using the axles and lower links at this point.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
Noticed there has been a lot of talk about trying to get the axles by themselves, so I went over to enroute's site to verify the pricing of them. Sadly, the axles by themselves are no longer listed there.

But if I remember correctly, they had listed the axles about 2/3rds of the cost of the kit. So, to put that in American dollars at current kit selling price, we would be in the ballpark of $230 just for the axles, and as I remember them, this would be without the servo mount/plate. Add a servo mount, and you would be in the $250 range. Maybe it is just me, but if this is how they come priced if they do become available, it is worth the extra $100 to me for all the other crap. Nice shocks, nice wheels for another project, plenty of hardware, a few links, bumper/battery mount, some random aluminum, etc is well worth that.

And this is coming from a guy that is literally only using the axles and lower links at this point.
agreed.
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:47 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Yup.

I used the uppers. Just swapped the ends for Traxxas Maxx ends and they were the perfect length on my BlackJack. I am really liking the stoutness of them.

The shocks are nice. Hopefully they don't leak. I might have to see if they will work on a Slash maybe.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

are these shocks supposed to hold oil with no o-rings ?

i find it tough to believe the shocks wont leak with just that little plastic wiper .

it looks like there is space for an o-ring under the wiper does anyone elses not have o-rings ?
Old 06-05-2008, 04:40 PM   #19
20K Club

TCS has all parts on the site now.

AXLE KITS TOO!!!!

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/By-Truck-...p-1-c-286.html

Last edited by Harley; 06-05-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #20
20K Club

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Enroute-B...h-p-16926.html

Better hurry!
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote