Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: TLTRyans 09 Rockshow chassis build.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #41
Rock Stacker

Looks very nice...you need to loan me your rig and let me do your electronics:-P..........to look like this

hehehe.......I like the color of yours I might have to get some lighter colored panels....maybe some urban camo with some silver in it.

CONGRATs ON THE 5th PLACE!!
SULFUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 07:03 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

I may hide them in the future. I wanted to keep the ESC's accessible to make quick changes in between runs. It definitely does look better when they are hidden.
TLTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #43
09 RCA champ!

great pics ryan! your rig works very well...thats for sure how are you liking those panthers? im still up in the air with them. im really likeing these rovers, but i might give the panthers another try when it gets warmer
rednck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednck21 View Post
great pics ryan! your rig works very well...thats for sure how are you liking those panthers? im still up in the air with them. im really likeing these rovers, but i might give the panthers another try when it gets warmer
Thanks! The Panthers seem to be working well for me, it has taken 6 months to find the right foam setup. I would like to try some Rovers in the future.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #45
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTRyan View Post
Thanks! The Panthers seem to be working well for me, it has taken 6 months to find the right foam setup. I would like to try some Rovers in the future.
Well, if you have the feeling your better half will bite your hand if you touch her rovers you can run mine

Great job this weekend man, that one run I scored you on was just so smooth and quick... You took some of the lines I wanted to take if I had gotten that far....
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Thanks Colby
Old 02-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #47
RCC Addict

im going to run rovers on my T1E Rockshow, cant wait to get it built. yours looks great and man looks like it handles well. great concept for sure. how did you hide all those electronics? do you think clocking the front was necessary?

Last edited by BILLYGOAT; 02-05-2009 at 06:00 PM.
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:07 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

So if you are straddling a crack and slip in, is the rockshow harder to drive out than a bodied truck when it gets wedged in? It looks like it might fall farther in and be tougher to get out.

Just curious because I want one.

And what wheels are those?
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:40 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYGOAT View Post
im going to run rovers on my T1E Rockshow, cant wait to get it built. yours looks great and man looks like it handles well. great concept for sure. how did you hide all those electronics? do you think clocking the front was necessary?
I just ordered some Rovers for mine also. TCS has them for $13.99 a pair, so for the price I probably cant go wrong with them.

Clocking the axle has been a big help. The front end gets hung up a lot less now. If you have the tools to do it I would recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
So if you are straddling a crack and slip in, is the rockshow harder to drive out than a bodied truck when it gets wedged in? It looks like it might fall farther in and be tougher to get out.

Just curious because I want one.

And what wheels are those?
The only disadvantage I have found vs a bodied truck is when upside down on flat ground in a low traction area. The cab wants to dig in to the dirt where a body slides a little easier.

The wheels are the CAC RG1's. They are for the Slash. I don't think he makes them anymore.:-(
Old 02-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

I have been considering a build like this, but correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't a body-less rig have to meet a 3 inch width and 8 inch length requirement? This setup looks much narrower and shorter then that. My current chassis comes in at 2 inches wide and 5.5 inches long. It works awesome and I really don't want to add an entire inch to the width, let alone a few on the length. I also hate how your normal crawler bodies fit and look.

Am I high, or this chassis not USRCCA legal?

Last edited by sportpak; 02-28-2009 at 10:13 AM.
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
I have been considering a build like this, but correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't a body-less rig have to meet a 3 inch width and 8 inch length requirement? This setup looks much narrower and shorter then that. My current chassis comes in at 2 inches wide and 5.5 inches long. It works awesome and I really don't want to add an entire inch to the width, let alone a few on the length. I also hate how your normal crawler bodies fit and look.

Am I high, or this chassis not USRCCA legal?

With the body panels it is legal. Mine measures 3in wide, 8 1/8in long, and 4in tall.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
With the body panels it is legal. Mine measures 3in wide, 8 1/8in long, and 4in tall.
Really... Are the body panels bowed outward? Would having 3 inches at the tangent of the radius' be enough to fulfill the width requirement?Hmmmmm... I guess it does state "overall" width.

Last edited by sportpak; 02-28-2009 at 10:30 AM.
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
Really... Are the body panels bowed outward? Would having 3 inches at the tangent of the radius' be enough to fulfill the width requirement?Hmmmmm...
The chassis comes with side bumpers that you space out from the chassis to get you out to legal width. You then bolt on the side panels, Im using a Proline C-10 body for panels.

Here is a pic showing the chassis with the bumpers.

Last edited by TLTRyan; 02-28-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Do you run your upper links to the outside of the chassis now? If so, why the switch?
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Do you run your upper links to the outside of the chassis now? If so, why the switch?
Uppers are on the inside.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #56
WOOPOOW!!

Ryan, I have not gotten to see your truck in action much since you got it rebuilt. How well does this chassis roll over?
Old 03-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyTheKid View Post
Ryan, I have not gotten to see your truck in action much since you got it rebuilt. How well does this chassis roll over?

As good as, or better than a bodied rig.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #58
WOOPOOW!!

Oh dang, well thats cool
Old 03-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #59
Rock Stacker

Quote:
What's the little can that looks like a flasher and what does it do?
CrawfishStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfishStu View Post
What's the little can that looks like a flasher and what does it do?
Its a Capacitor. All of the Tekin FXR ESC's have them, they have to be externally mounted. It absorbs the votage spikes caused by the ESC's operation. With out it the ESC could become damaged.