Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Weight and balance point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Weight and balance point

I was wondering where everyone is running thier car. Mine comes in at 7lbs 7 oz. with 6 bullet weights in the front of my VP wheels, and nothing in the back. I am really trying to help the breakover. I run a battery on the rear axle that weighs in at 7 oz. I want to move it to the chassis and move the ballance point foreward. It currently sits just behind the front lower link mounts, or just about 1 1/2" from center. I think ( this is where things get dangerous) that if I could move that point to about 2" foreward it would help with breaking over and keeping the front end down. And maybe even remove 2 mroe weights from the front. Any ideas, opinions, etc would be great.

I am really trying to get my rig down below 7 lbs. I run a 2200mah battery, but am ordering a 1500 that wieghs in 4 ounces lighter. Also moving the battery to the chassis should eliminate the extra axle tray, screws, etc. I really like my car at 7 7, I trimmed it down from 8lbs 8 oz and was amazed at the results. I would like to trim another pound, but I am not sure its possible without affecting its performance.

Last edited by The Violator; 05-11-2009 at 06:14 PM.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Pics would help greatly. No info on chassis, shocks, links, electronics or anything
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
Old guy

What a fat ass, just kidding. I'm just under 7. Maybe link / shock adjustment might help. driving could be it.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post
Pics would help greatly. No info on chassis, shocks, links, electronics or anything

here you go Trucknuts Beetlejuice Build
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I have not found a shortcoming to the chassis, I am talking in general. My car handles fine, but I would like to make it better.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

lose all the zip ties, that's another 4oz right there.
ol' gravy leg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

with my setup, i made a relocation plate and zip tied it underneath the front upper links. i put some velcro on the plate and the battery and strapped it on with some velcro straps. i dont know if you have room for that with that chassis or not, but thats the way the ckrc guys do it.
KILLER KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucknuts View Post
I have not found a shortcoming to the chassis, I am talking in general. My car handles fine, but I would like to make it better.
I guess I was more interested in a pic to see where everything is located.

If you can get away with a smaller battery, try mounting it under the front upper links. I run my 2100 battery so it is even with the back of the skid and sits mostly off the front of the skid. It does shift some more weight forward.

CKRC straight axle adapters in the back saves a little weight.

I spoke with VP and have suggested they make a delrin version of the DH to run in the back. Not sure, but maybe send something to them to see if they would do that.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:46 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post

I spoke with VP and have suggested they make a delrin version of the DH to run in the back. Not sure, but maybe send something to them to see if they would do that.
Great idea!!
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote