Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Specktrum DX3R with 2 esc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 01:05 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Specktrum DX3R with 2 esc

Will the DX3R allow to increase/decrease the throttle percentage on one esc with an auxilary button (i believe its called mixing) That way on a hill climb I can decrease the throttle percentage on the rear to say 40% and front 100% and then when you come out of the climb just hold the button and put it back to 100%. So is that possible with a DX3R?
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2009, 05:50 AM   #2
I joined the Band!

I'd be real interested to know this too. Before i end up buying a 3/4pk.
Has anyone achieved slower wheel speed in the rear with a DX3R.

Thanks
wknl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:29 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I believe this would require a 4 channel radio........I don't think it is possible to do on the fly without a 4pk or similar
CRSMacgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I think ( this is where it gets dangerous ) the dx3r will do throttle mixing, but only 2 profiles. 1 would be normal 100% front and back, the other could be whatever you want. But that means no dig, or front dig, but no 50% rear. Its not nearly as flexible as the Rapmaster Humdigity driving, Chavez money having 4pk owners are used to.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

I first tried to do this before buying my 4pk. What I found was that the 3rd channel never gave a true neutral position off the mixing after you changed it to what you wanted and then turned the rig off and then back on the ESC would not engage because it never gets a true neutral. After now owning the 4pk for a while it does more then I could ask and has proven to be well worth the money
Neil76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

And; Yes, the 3pk will also do it. Just not as fancy as the 4pk, but for the price.............
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you can do front and rear dig with the 3pk, but it can do all the rest the same
Neil76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I was watching Reel Deel use his 3pk and it was working great. I was just curious about the dx3r before I buy a radio. I know it said it does mixing but just wanted to see if any one actually did it.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

you dont need to. bergs will do that on their own just from uneven torquing of the front and rear axles.
KILLER KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER KRAWLER View Post
you dont need to. bergs will do that on their own just from uneven torquing of the front and rear axles.
You are talking about clod stall. Not the same thing. I use a 3pk and have front dig rear dig and can adjust the percentage the front or rear esc are at. Very handy in many situations as for the dx3r i think you can only have one type of dig and can mix it. I am not shure about the dx3r though hopefully someone who owns one can chime in here.
ubbb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:42 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Hey ubbb69, I just bought a 3pk and how hard is it to set it up how you did? My friends had front dig on one button and throttle mixing on the thumb dial and his rear dig was when he pressed another button and then the throttle worked off of his steering. . .the more you go left or right it would turn and give it more throttle. Kinda crazy but it works. You have it any other way?
Old 12-27-2010, 11:23 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Has anyone made a final decision as to the dx3r and the possiblity of using duel esc's with the ability to lock and do porportional? I am using a dx3r and I am not to excited about going to a different radio.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:56 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

i'm also interested in knowing this......

could someone use a potentiometer in place of a dig switch? maybe glue a servo horn onto it and connect it to your servo and use the AUX LIN setting on your DX3R to control it? just food for thought, not really sure
Twisted Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:18 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Nuts View Post
Children: You spend the first 2 years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next 16 years telling them to sit down and shut-up.
That is funny, sad but true.
McTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:34 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

I never heard of trying this with the DX3r; I ditched mine for a DX6 when I went dual esc and super. If you already have the ESCs this may be out of the question, but look at the Novak M2 Dig Esc. It allows throttle mixing front to rear and front/rear dig.

Last edited by ram_tough; 12-31-2010 at 07:55 AM.
ram_tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:07 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Go for the 4PL I just got one and love it.
whillinwillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:52 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Well guys here is what I keep seeing happen with this debate. For the sake of saving money on a radio, or for wanting to stick with a spektrum radio that just isn't MOA crawler friendly, they usually buy this, try that and change to this part and that part you spend as much if not more than the 250.00 it costs for a 4pl that will do everything that you need with ease and more!

Now I'm not talking garbage on Spektrum they are just out of touch on what it takes to run a MOA crawler, as they didn't feel anybody needed a 4channel pistol grip radio, with mixing.

Novak M2 I know at first had some compatability issues with CCBec's and I thought somebody told me they also had some issues with some spektrum radios. Either way when it comes to Novak my only comment going wayy back to my associated RC10 racing days is that orange plastic smells funny when they melt! LOL

I would reccomend just going with a 4PL, and two good quality ESC's like a Mamba Micro Pro, FXR,or HH-BRXL depending on what you are looking for on that front!

Last edited by WarTrader; 12-31-2010 at 07:04 AM.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:09 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Derrick, the 3pk sets up exactly like the 4pk. You use the long silver button by the wheel for the front dig, and the rear is activated the the button on the grip. The bottom thumbwheel on the grip can dial down the rear motor at any time. You no longer need to use the steering wheel as a throttle. The only diff between the 3 and 4 pk is the extra channel that is not even used on the 4pk. They set up exactly the same. I'm still running my 3pk and don't see the need to ever switch to a 4pk. They are essentially the same radio except for the extra channel and a few other little things that wouldn't get used on a crawler anyways.
Back in the day when we crawled together I remember you used a 3pk and the only way to set them up was to use the steering wheel to control the rear motor, now with the new programming, you don't have to do it like that.

Save some coin and get the 3pk. You can find em used real cheap.

Last edited by jcboof; 12-31-2010 at 07:12 AM.
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:21 AM   #19
RCC Addict

How would one get this 3pk "reprogram"?
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:11 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Just follow the setup instructions for the 4pk. Its in Harleys 4pk thread. 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

The menus might not look exactly the same, but its very similar. Just set it up exactly like it says, it works for the 4pk or 3pk.
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote