Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Dlux Berg Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #801
no talent hack

Default Re: Dlux Berg Build

Great job this weekend Erik. I really enjoyed driving with you, john, and stubs

Can I inform you that you finished third yet?
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #802
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Great job on third place Erik. You rocked it out man. Look forward to driving with you soon.

Joel
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #803
Rock Crawler

Great job on third, Erik and also great job in Super til your shaft has been done

It was really great hangin around with you, man, can't await to do it again in Wendover

Video from the 2.2 pro (and 2.2s finals) will come up the next couple of days, have some business to do first, then I'll edit them up.

Thanks for all your support
nicodrive01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #804
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Some vid would be cool. I am not sure how much is out there though.

Start producing my chassis? Hmmm, maybe so, but if you like it, I have something that will be out VERY soon and you, Everett, will crap all over your self. Guaranteed.
Sounds messy.. maybe you shouldnt bring something new out...
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #805
I wanna be Dave

Congrats on your 3rd place 2.2 Pro finish It was great to finally meet you too. I'll see ya at Nat's next year unless you make it to ECC.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #806
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabil View Post
Great job this weekend Erik. I really enjoyed driving with you, john, and stubs

Can I inform you that you finished third yet?
Thanks Nabil. You were a key part of the team too. Thanks for taking some punches for us. Bummer you hit that gate, you would have been in the same boat as all of us. Crazy how one gate or 5 seconds in this comp could make you or break you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post
Great job on third place Erik. You rocked it out man. Look forward to driving with you soon.

Joel
Thanks Joel. It was super cool to spend time together too. I think there was too much running on the moving walkway. I exploded a wheel on my luggage, LOL. I was stoked to see them open the gate for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodrive01 View Post
Great job on third, Erik and also great job in Super til your shaft has been done

It was really great hangin around with you, man, can't await to do it again in Wendover

Video from the 2.2 pro (and 2.2s finals) will come up the next couple of days, have some business to do first, then I'll edit them up.

Thanks for all your support
Thanks to you Dani! It was really good to spend some time with the Swiss/French guys. You are really good people to spend time with and I really enjoyed our time and talks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post
Sounds messy.. maybe you shouldnt bring something new out...
Its just what happens when you get really excited. Its not something youre going to be able to control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Congrats on your 3rd place 2.2 Pro finish It was great to finally meet you too. I'll see ya at Nat's next year unless you make it to ECC.
Nice to finally meet you Dicky! Plan on nats, making the East coast was a bit stressful but you never know. The experience was worth a million dollars.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #807
I wanna be Dave

Yessir... it was great to finally meet you too. I knew you were a good driver but I had no idea how good

Great job last weekend. Makes me want to buy even more Dlux parts
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #808
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Yessir... it was great to finally meet you too. I knew you were a good driver but I had no idea how good

Great job last weekend. Makes me want to buy even more Dlux parts
I wish we could have spent more time chatting. Seemed I was going this way or that though. Lots going on and it was fun.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #809
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I am doing a small revamp on the tubes.

In hindsight, I made a mistake when building the tubes and not trusting the Delrin further. At the time, nobody even thought Delrin would hold up at all and its been awhile now and I am still happy to report that there have been no tube failures at all. So, I wanted to change out the front aluminum tube to Delrin if possible. I have been running my tube for months now with no issue and I have so much trust in delrin at this point, I dont expect there to be failures with this tube either.

Now, all tubes will be Delrin and since I dont have to deal with the time and cost of the aluminum, I can now offer to relieve cut the front tube for the servo, include a servo mount and install the servo mount for everybody all for the same price. Now there are no worries about where to install the servo mount or not doing it right. This should work out much better for everybody and it will make me happy knowing everybody has this part of the build taken care of and that it is solid.

It should be somewhat well known by now that aluminum weighs quite a bit more than Delrin. My aluminum tube was TINY and you still kill 9g more with the delrin switch.

Tiny Al tube 25g

New Delrin tube 16g

Shot of the new set

These are for sale as of now. If you want to switch out your old AL tube for a new delrin we can do that too.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #810
I wanna be Dave

Looks great. Bought and paid.
Szczerba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #811
Quarry Creeper

Sweet! Just paid for a set as well. Very nice upgrades!! ....and just to confirm, I would like the tube relief cut and the servo mount mounted. Thanks, Erik.

Last edited by saniel68; 09-12-2012 at 01:59 PM.
saniel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #812
Quarry Creeper

Congrats on ur 3rd place finish at nats. Also thanks for the update on ur berg tubes, my berg is calling for a rebuild.
928darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #813
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

It was SICK checking the scores while we ran a little play comp here in SoCal & seeing your name at the top. Congrats again man.

As always...just nice, clean, useful parts from the Dlux labs. I MIGHT have to get in touch soon & make my Berg build a reality. Of course...I've said that more than once.

Keep up the good work bro. Lookin forward to hangin again in Wendover.

J.D.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #814
I wanna be Dave

Delrin long side should protect the servo bottom much better than the small OD Al tube also. Nice.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #815
Rock Crawler

Looking forward to making the change to delrin. Nice job as always Erik.
CrAwLeR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #816
RcBros Hobbies

Pretty darn slick! Wish I could get a set right now. Looking forward to checking them out!
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #817
I wanna be Dave

Sick man! Those look really good. And it looks like a more "complete" set with all the tubes in delrin
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #818
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 928darwin View Post
Congrats on ur 3rd place finish at nats. Also thanks for the update on ur berg tubes, my berg is calling for a rebuild.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
It was SICK checking the scores while we ran a little play comp here in SoCal & seeing your name at the top. Congrats again man.

As always...just nice, clean, useful parts from the Dlux labs. I MIGHT have to get in touch soon & make my Berg build a reality. Of course...I've said that more than once.

Keep up the good work bro. Lookin forward to hangin again in Wendover.

J.D.
Yeah, I was smoking hot in the morning and then the 3hrs of sleep caught up. Jake, Joel and John just kept killing it and I ended up not being able to finish my last course. I pretty much had my front tires through gate 10 and couldn't do it. No excuses though, it is what it is.

Get that Berg fired up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
Delrin long side should protect the servo bottom much better than the small OD Al tube also. Nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post
Sick man! Those look really good. And it looks like a more "complete" set with all the tubes in delrin
Yeah, there are a couple of little things that are nicer about it and I think it really bothered some people to not have the sides match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAwLeR13 View Post
Looking forward to making the change to delrin. Nice job as always Erik.
I think people have been waiting for this small change for awhile. I sold more tubes today than I usually do in a couple weeks I am almost out but I am getting more material on order and should have quite a few more in stock soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
Pretty darn slick! Wish I could get a set right now. Looking forward to checking them out!
Yeah, it will be nice to meet you finally. Any news on your tubes?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #819
RcBros Hobbies

No news, I think my machinist is retired lol.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #820
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I hear ya! Seems like you could have a great career just being a reliable machinist.

On that note, for the people waiting on my shafts, I am told they are at the final stage and should ship today. It only takes me a day to do my magic so hopefully Tuesday.