Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: CreationFab RD1 Carbon Fiber Bodiless MOA Chassis!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default CreationFab RD1 Carbon Fiber Bodiless MOA Chassis!

So I figured I would offer these up to those that want em. This chassis was designed by myself and TheSCorpionKing. It is an original design by the 2 of us.

These chassis will be HAND MADE until I have enough interest to have them CNC cut. So they will have variances from chassis to chassis. If you want a nice CNC cut chassis, I suggest you get ahold of Y-Town Crawlers or Chaotic Crawlers. I do take my time to make sure that all pieces are in good working order, and there are no strength flaws. Please understand that I am not a machinist by trade. Just making goods for the RCC folks out of my garage.

With that said, These chassis can be made with a few custom touches if you like for a nominal charge. The double sheer upper link mounts that are part of the cab will NOT be included in this version. They are too difficult to get straight by hand. I can do them for an additional charge. See the below pic with the double sheer mounts highlighted.

Chassis will take 2-3 weeks turn around time depending on my work load. This is a side thing for me, so my normal 9-5 job making some voltage comes first. I do my best to get orders out quickly, but sometimes life circumstances make things take a little longer.

See the below link for prices and ordering info

CreationFab RD1 Carbon Fiber Bodiless Chassis!

Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
TSK
Shelf queen

Default Re: CreationFab RD1 Carbon Fiber Bodiless MOA Chassis!

Thought I'd post this.

**EDIT** weight shown is with Stainless hardware

Last edited by TSK; 07-13-2012 at 01:00 PM.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: CreationFab RD1 Carbon Fiber Bodiless MOA Chassis!

If you would like a tip from a fellow fabricator that's been making things for years, if you like that chassis design enough to stick with it, make yourself one (or two depending on how many you want to cut at once) template for each panel out of steel, that way you can cut 4-10 panels at once and use the master profile as your finishing guide so the holes, etges and profiles are all consistent. It also makes it fairly difficult to make big mistakes that lead to $$$ scraps.

Keep at it, it's nice to see options!
95geo is offline   Reply With Quote

CreationFab RD1 Carbon Fiber Bodiless MOA Chassis! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CreationFab RD1 Carbon Fiber Bodiless Chassis! Chris_The_Battery_Man Chassis and Suspension 4 08-06-2012 11:11 AM
CreationFab RD1 Carbon Fiber Bodiless MOA Chassis! Chris_The_Battery_Man Axial XR10 22 07-14-2012 10:57 AM