Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: berg build dlux everything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2015, 09:19 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: berg build dlux everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
I'm still running 6yr old stock Berg pins. Thrown plenty of big Brood and Holmes motors at them. Also used in 6+ lb trucks before the light weight wars hit.
i thought i was good but just wanted to see what others had to say. if it handled a 6+ lb rig then im fine for sure. ive been thinking about building a super so ill throw my big pin rc4wd gears towards that idea.
crawlerwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2015, 09:21 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlerwon View Post
yeah you would of broke a pin by now for sure. compared to me you drive pretty hard and that 4s you run is no joke.
You can drive it tomorrow and you will be sold Looking forward to some good fun
Later,
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:03 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

I jumped on the 4s band wagon today. After seeing the difference an extra cell can do i just had to give it a try, and like McDonalds "im lovin it"
Old 07-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
I jumped on the 4s band wagon today. After seeing the difference an extra cell can do i just had to give it a try, and like McDonalds "im lovin it"
Wise choice
Later,
Farmer
Old 07-01-2015, 05:59 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
Wise choice
Later,
Farmer
yea, after seeing yours on 4s and then Jake switching over i had to try it. and i must say, i knew that it would make it faster at full throttle but i never expected it to crawl so much smoother at low speeds also. its like having all this additional voltage some how just makes my rig float over the rocks. there's probably a lot more torque at low speeds or something? whatever it is, i like it!
Old 07-01-2015, 06:50 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
yea, after seeing yours on 4s and then Jake switching over i had to try it. and i must say, i knew that it would make it faster at full throttle but i never expected it to crawl so much smoother at low speeds also. its like having all this additional voltage some how just makes my rig float over the rocks. there's probably a lot more torque at low speeds or something? whatever it is, i like it!
The great Nabil Jamalie sold me on 4 cell at Nationals last time it was in Vegas That guy was a blast to comp with and learn from
Later,
Farmer
Old 07-17-2015, 10:31 AM   #47
Pebble Pounder

New motors showed up today.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:05 AM   #48
Rock Crawler

I have been running the 33t puller 400's for a few months now and you are definitely going to love them! Super smooth and plenty of power and wheel speed
blandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 12:12 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

They work real good together.

Got me 10th place in the PA NENQ event. You'll be happy for sure.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 01:12 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandon View Post
I have been running the 33t puller 400's for a few months now and you are definitely going to love them! Super smooth and plenty of power and wheel speed
I cant wait to get them in. Im in the middle of painting the inside of my house so im blocked from my crawlers for a day or two till i finish. Now i have a insentive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
They work real good together.

Got me 10th place in the PA NENQ event. You'll be happy for sure.
Congrats on your placing NENQ! And ya, everyone i know who runs these motors loves em. Im curious if anyone has had any negative experiences with these motors?
Old 07-26-2015, 12:42 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Some motor guards for my holmes 400 pullers came in the mail yesterday. I got the 1st premodded set from barry to fit the 400 pullers.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:41 AM   #52
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
only down side for me was that my rc4wd gears had the big pin mod done on them.
i am being told that with the lighter weight of these newer rigs not many people break the stock pins though. maybe someone who knows could chime in and let me know if i should be getting these milled for the big pins?
I dont think too many ever broke the pins. Either you are the type of guy who does, or not.

I think a lot of people dont realize where they fit in within the hobby. Some guys drive their cars only at comps, some guys drive for hours and hours. Some guys dont like to bind their car up, some guys like to push it through. Of course there are all shades of gray in between there too but my point is that sometimes its hard for each side to understand each other at times.

I broke more than one pin but I am both abusive and drove a TON so I felt more comfortable with the bigger pins. There is no downside to doing them other than cost. Lots of people will cut cost and its sad when they spend over $1000 on a trip to a national qualifier to break a part that saved them $60. Makes no sense to me but to each their own.

Some people would go back and forth if they wanted the big pin mod or not when sending me gears. When I got them, I would take them apart to mill them for less weight and there were quite a few that were bent and some that were broke on one side.

The RC4wd gears have been getting better but in the beginning, maybe first 20-30 sets I handled ALL had bent pins when NEW! Crazy. Like I said, either they are assembling them different or using different pins but most are not bent these days.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:43 AM   #53
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Sorry, got so in my rant that I forgot to say that I am enjoying the build! Looks great!

I am resisting but I think I will have to go 4s on my 2.2P also. I just did it with the super and I had a bit of a learning curve, or should I say a throttle curve learning but after I got that figured out, I am loving it.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:47 AM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
I dont think too many ever broke the pins. Either you are the type of guy who does, or not.

I think a lot of people dont realize where they fit in within the hobby. Some guys drive their cars only at comps, some guys drive for hours and hours. Some guys dont like to bind their car up, some guys like to push it through. Of course there are all shades of gray in between there too but my point is that sometimes its hard for each side to understand each other at times.

I broke more than one pin but I am both abusive and drove a TON so I felt more comfortable with the bigger pins. There is no downside to doing them other than cost. Lots of people will cut cost and its sad when they spend over $1000 on a trip to a national qualifier to break a part that saved them $60. Makes no sense to me but to each their own.

Some people would go back and forth if they wanted the big pin mod or not when sending me gears. When I got them, I would take them apart to mill them for less weight and there were quite a few that were bent and some that were broke on one side.

The RC4wd gears have been getting better but in the beginning, maybe first 20-30 sets I handled ALL had bent pins when NEW! Crazy. Like I said, either they are assembling them different or using different pins but most are not bent these days.
this is exactly where im at now, trying to find where i fit within the hobby. im still a berg newbie but i am slowly learning all i can. with the terrain here in Michigan theres just not much rocks. its a lot different than Hawaii, which is where im from. i had to go out and buy 20 tons of boulders and build a course in my back yard just so i could have more drive time. as of now i drive about 4 to 6 packs a day and my driving is slowly getting more and more aggressive. but when winter hits im done till spring. in the beginning i was worried about breaking stuff but now im learning just how strong bergs can be and i must say your parts are impressive. i would really like to go to nationals some day but i have 2 kids with another on the way, my mom is older and needs my help and i work a ton so im not sure if its in my future or not, but i would hate to go just to snap a gear pin. personally i would pay the $60.00 just so i wouldn't have to drive a hour to a local comp and snap a pin. but as for now im going to see just how much abuse a stock pin can take. when or if they break ill put in some spares & send these to you for the mod. i have 4 rtr bergs so ill just grab another if they break. as for the rc4wd gears, every set that i have gotten (i think 6 sets) has had bent pins in them. i got 2 of the sets just so i could rob the small 2nd and 3rd for my rcbros gears and the pins were so tight in them i had to use a hammer and punch to remove them probably bending them in the process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Sorry, got so in my rant that I forgot to say that I am enjoying the build! Looks great!

I am resisting but I think I will have to go 4s on my 2.2P also. I just did it with the super and I had a bit of a learning curve, or should I say a throttle curve learning but after I got that figured out, I am loving it.
thanks man! and ya, going to 4s is definitely one of the better things i have done. other than the slight throttle learning curve there is no down side to having more power, torque, & wheel speed. kinda like your big gear pins.

Last edited by crawlerwon; 08-06-2015 at 11:51 AM.

berg build dlux everything - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dlux Berg Build Erik D_lux EnRoute Berg 1696 05-22-2018 10:10 PM
Hittman's Dlux Berg Build Hittman EnRoute Berg 217 03-06-2016 06:30 PM
Sessions YTC Dlux berg build Session EnRoute Berg 126 07-03-2014 11:27 PM
dnsinoz Berg/Dlux Zero build dnsinoz EnRoute Berg 0 03-09-2013 08:48 AM