Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Top Truck Challenge 6/28/09

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Top Truck Challenge 6/28/09

Been wanting to do a Top Truck Challenge event for a while now so lets get it done!

Event Location : Sanford
Time: 10:00am
Date: 6/28/09 Edited Ignore Thread Title
No entry fees
Classes : 1.9/scaler, 2.2, and Unlimited
(no restrictions on electronics or drivetrain for any class)

It will be a multi staged event will have tests in sled-pulling (provided by ON THE ROCKS), hill climbing, rock climbing, and one sick mud hole

6/14 (since some of us will be out there already) will be the official planning date of arranging obstacles taking course pics and just coming up with ideas. Will post up pics next week of general course layout.

Open for opinions and ideas Hope to see everyone out there!

Last edited by CRAWL UGLY; 06-12-2009 at 09:47 AM.
CRAWL UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

yea i remember flat wanting to do a top truck but he's very busy i think its a great idea. ill be there on the 14th to help plan with you and ill bring the camera to take chorse shots so people can kind of get their truck ready for the tracks.

ideas: (andrew has cut tennis balls for gate markers) also i say we should do the chorses seperate so we can move the markers as we go)
-uphill...do it on the side of the bridge thats all grass but it has to be pretty much straight up not zip zaging your way up
and mark how far you got with a measureing tape
-rock climing...the rocks of chorse...but someone has to set it up thats not running so its not bias.

also some one has to keep track of who comes in 1 2 3 4 etc in each class and then you can calculate the overall places and post them in the same thread...sounds good

and so i guess since its a top truck..normal rules are
1)any size truck
2)run the same set up,no different motor and what not

Last edited by smm_cbf; 06-10-2009 at 12:14 PM.
smm_cbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smm_cbf View Post
and so i guess since its a top truck..normal rules are
1)any size truck
2)run the same set up,no different motor and what not
Sorry check the edit. Of course if everyone agrees we can run just the one class. And i'm going to try and come up with some score sheets

Last edited by CRAWL UGLY; 06-10-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Sounds sweet!!!! Will definately be there.
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Also I wanted to get everyones opinion on this. I want to try and have everyone out there so I was thinking about being able to eliminate your worst challenge.

For example, If you have a crawler that isn't waterproof you would eliminate the mud hole. Or if your monster just doesn't get over those rocks you could eliminate that etc... But only one obstacle can be eliminated.

LMK
Old 06-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

but once you have a set up you can't change right? like if im running a 55t for the mud but then i pop in a goat for the rocks its not fair.

im for the 2.2 and unlimited
don't know if my chevy can make it up hill or on the rocks but what ever i guess ill just go for it and see what happens

are you going to score? if so who's going to score you when you run?
Old 06-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
but once you have a set up you can't change right? like if im running a 55t for the mud but then i pop in a goat for the rocks its not fair.

im for the 2.2 and unlimited
don't know if my chevy can make it up hill or on the rocks but what ever i guess ill just go for it and see what happens

are you going to score? if so who's going to score you when you run?
Right once you check in for the day thats how your truck stays we should probably have a break period to fix any problems but no changing stuff.

What do you mean the chevy might not make it up rocks I remember seeing it bounce like a basketball down them beforejk Thats why I was thinking the worst challenge eliminated. I'm not quite sure how scoring would go hopefully someone that shows up won't compete or maybe we can all help out b/c I don't want anyone to think their being misjudged
Old 06-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWL UGLY View Post
Right once you check in for the day thats how your truck stays we should probably have a break period to fix any problems but no changing stuff.

What do you mean the chevy might not make it up rocks I remember seeing it bounce like a basketball down them beforejk Thats why I was thinking the worst challenge eliminated. I'm not quite sure how scoring would go hopefully someone that shows up won't compete or maybe we can all help out b/c I don't want anyone to think their being misjudged

Yeah a break would be good to change batteries and stuff. Is one person gonna be allowed to enter more than one truck? Timed or point run; or is it gonna be specific to each challenge? I'm not sure on separate classes though.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badBKO View Post
Yeah a break would be good to change batteries and stuff. Is one person gonna be allowed to enter more than one truck? Timed or point run; or is it gonna be specific to each challenge? I'm not sure on separate classes though.
It's definitely specific to each challenge distance for sled pulls and the mud hole then probably time for the hill climb and obstacle course and of course points for the rock course (thats why the score sheets would have to be made b/c I can't find any with all of that on it)

As far as running two trucks I don't see why not but It might get a little time consuming though just depends on how many actually show up
Old 06-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
It's definitely specific to each challenge distance for sled pulls and the mud hole then probably time for the hill climb and obstacle course and of course points for the rock course (thats why the score sheets would have to be made b/c I can't find any with all of that on it)

As far as running two trucks I don't see why not but It might get a little time consuming though just depends on how many actually show up

Isn't fathers day that sunday?
Old 06-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Son of a $%#@&^ Ur right Looks like there will be a date change any ideas ?
Old 06-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

what about the week after them i will beable to make it as for the 14 not good for me but ttc would be cool to do and i should have some thing running by then
flmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:08 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

the seperate classes im also eh on because it might take to long and i mean its a top truck..just one but its your call
how about the 28th? its the last sunday of the month and we normally hold gtg's on the last sunday anyway
Old 06-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
the seperate classes im also eh on because it might take to long and i mean its a top truck..just one but its your call
how about the 28th? its the last sunday of the month and we normally hold gtg's on the last sunday anyway
That sounds best!!
Old 06-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

i'm cool wity that gives me more time to fix them damn trucks LOL
Old 06-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I'll try to make it on the 14th, no promises.
the Zombie has been dry too long.
flatfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfender View Post
I'll try to make it on the 14th, no promises.
the Zombie has been dry too long.
yea man you need to run we haven't seen you in for ever
Old 06-11-2009, 08:26 AM   #18
"HOLLYWOOD"

You had me hooked until the (BIG MUD PIT) part lololol, and the fact that it's on Father's day thats a no go for me sorry. Look foward to the pics.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
You had me hooked until the (BIG MUD PIT) part lololol, and the fact that it's on Father's day thats a no go for me sorry. Look foward to the pics.

tring to find a date that works for all
Old 06-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Also I wanted to get everyones opinion on this. I want to try and have everyone out there so I was thinking about being able to eliminate your worst challenge.

For example, If you have a crawler that isn't waterproof you would eliminate the mud hole. Or if your monster just doesn't get over those rocks you could eliminate that etc... But only one obstacle can be eliminated.

LMK
I like this Idea, mine is not water proof. so mud/water is a no go
southernextreme is offline   Reply With Quote