Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: CFSC : Central Florida Scalers and Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #161
RCC Addict

Yeah I wish I could say the same about not breaking anything today.... its all good. Just another reason to go to RPPHobby.com (LOL) anyways here are some of the pics from this morning. Yeah that new spot is something very cool. Will have to tell Doc about it cause I would rather run there then the mud hole on the 11th. Lets get that figured out. Oh well here are some pics.

And some of the pics of my broken shit.....

AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #162
RCC Addict

It was really cool meeting some new faces today. If everyone could PM me with there phone number so in case something comes up or directions or parts or whatever......etc. Just get me your numbers so we can meet out there more often. Now IM off to repair and rebuild, need them ready for next weekend.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #163

had a good time cant weight to do it again thanks for all the tip off to order more parts
zebs toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #164
Rock Stacker

i cant figure out y my reciever is spasin out. can the wires, even though they r in, not be connected cause i keep loosing signal randomly. so idk if i should just get a new reciever and radio or try and fix this one(its a cheap one so not to worried about it)
mud_life_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #165
Rock Stacker

i think i fugured it out just a loose battery connector
Old 11-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #166

how was that spot? wish i could have made it, had a customers car to finish up and get out of my shop.
let me know on during the week droppedls
bckbmpr84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #167
Rock Stacker

it was awsome and yeah if u guys come out during the week let me know too
Old 11-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #168
RCC Addict

Well Im honestly going to be repairing and ordering from RPP this week. I really want to make it to the G-Ville G6 Comp next weekend. But hell this new spot is like 10 minutes from the house and on my way home. If we plan to hit it during the week one night I can bring my stuff to work and leave it in my car for afterwards.

The new spot is a "Perfect" spot for a trail run/walk and video. I would definately be up for really setting something up to make a cool ass Scalin' video. Cant remember his name but the guy who has the non-running SCX10 let me know what you need to do to get it running. I have a few spare parts () sitting around. We can get you up and running for it as well. The more trucks the better

Anyways it was a lot of fun and I hope to have them running better next time around.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #169
Pebble Pounder

sounds like u guys are just missing a cameraman lol sucks i missed another gtg but i had my kids this weekend but i did get some trail time with my daughter she ran my losi like a champ and i spit another drive shaft again wtf who makes an upgraded shaft ?
cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #170
RCC Addict

Another drive shaft on your honcho..... next time I see you we will take a look at it. I never have issues with drives and everyone knows Im tough on my rigs. Anways, MIP's are the way to go with upgrading your issue.

Dec. 11th we will be having another gtg out on Dean n' University but I would like to go back to the park area where the trails are awesome. I enjoy a little mud every now and then but today it wasnt mud...... it was pancake batter. Just caked into every nook and cranny. But either way Dec. 11th should be fun.

Dec. 4th out to G-Ville for the G6 Comp.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #171
Pebble Pounder

I saw you guys on my way to church.... Sorry i missed it, you were done for the day when I went back there....
Mdlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #172
Rock Stacker

u probably just missed us cause we went to check out this new spot that was sweet!!srry u missed it though
Old 11-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #173
Pebble Pounder

Where did you go?
Mdlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #174
Pebble Pounder

yea i started with the rear coming off but i got it to where it has stayed on thru 2 runs now but this time lost the front i noticed the front wheels werent spining so i check and it was just spinning on the axle and slipped right off the trans. im goin to upgrade but i also think i really need to go through and check all the nuts bolts and screws and make sure everything is tight

are the stock drive shafts steel on the ends where the set screws go in or plastic like the rest of the shaft
Old 11-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #175
RCC Addict

I believe the part of the drive shaft yoke is metal. but dont quote me..

Take a drill and tap a dimple on the outdrive yokes and the axle yokes where the set screw hits. Then tighten them down on that with some locktite. You should be good then. If not you can always tap all the way through the outdrive areas and then put a longer set screw down into it. There are a few different options out there.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #176
Pebble Pounder

yea im goin to i just havent had the chance to get the power tools out im still trying to collect the parts to water proof im almost there need some servo extensions and im good to go as long as my damn shafts stay in lol
Old 11-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #177
Rock Stacker

it was a park, not sure what it was called but hopefully we can get a good set up there and see some progress there, but it is just down the road from the dean university spot
Old 11-28-2011, 06:25 AM   #178
Pebble Pounder

only issue i have with parks and building is you never know when a kid will come through and trash all your work either on purpose or accident but i guess that could happen anywhere
Old 11-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #179
Rock Stacker

we were messin with the stuff already there, fallin trees and roots and it was awsome and the few things that we would need to add r simple, like a bridge or something but we could use alot of what is already there and just move it to where we would like it
Old 11-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #180
Rock Crawler

kennyj is offline   Reply With Quote