Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: November 6, 2011 G6 Turkey Run

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
Looking for new Trails

Default November 6, 2011 G6 Turkey Run

www.newredhobbies.com info and directions...

NewRed Hobbies G6 Turkey Run

Full course and sled pull's

Show and Shine and Ugliest trucks show first thing in the morning after driver's meeting

rules will be followed of the G6 comp rules please remember this is Fun that is way we do it....

Gate's open at 8:00 am Drivers meeting at 9:00 and then we run

10.00 dollar's to run..... ribbons and trophies will be handed out at the end of the event with pictures of you and your truck....

Class's will be

1.55 and 1.9 class

2.2 class if there is enough people.....

Last edited by yoda@4x4; 10-29-2011 at 04:37 AM.
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
Official Cook of the ECC

Looks like you have alot to do in the next week from what I saw yesterday when I stopped by there. Not much of a "full course" there. Didn't sound like the hobby shop wanted much to do with it, said it was your deal.

What do you mean by "based off the G6 rules"? Does this mean you are gonna follow the G6 rules or modifying them? If modifying them then what exactly are the rules gonna be and will everyone be required to follow the rules?

And you do know that next weekend is the season opener of the SSRCC series correct?

Last edited by Scattman; 10-28-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Newred is not even close to being the size for a G6. If you don't work for the shop, why don't you have this event at someplace more suitable to the event?
kennyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:23 AM   #4
Looking for new Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
Looks like you have alot to do in the next week from what I saw yesterday when I stopped by there. Not much of a "full course" there. Didn't sound like the hobby shop wanted much to do with it, said it was your deal.

What do you mean by "based off the G6 rules"? Does this mean you are gonna follow the G6 rules or modifying them? If modifying them then what exactly are the rules gonna be and will everyone be required to follow the rules?

And you do know that next weekend is the season opener of the SSRCC series correct?
Ok it's hard for a hobbie shop to support an area that has had no support from the out side in over 6 month's. No one has run or had any thing to do with the track or had any interested in it and now they are being bugged by everyone to get it going so thats what we are trying to do....

Ok changed my wording on the rules, secound all rule's will apply to every one...

A G6 event can be called what every you want it be. I have talk to every one that hold's these events and puts them on and have been told the same thing it is up to the event holder to run it how it works for there area all am trying to do is give crawler/scalers all place to go and support a LHS in my area and any and every one that wants to run this type of event and other enevts (crawler/scalers) in the State of Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyj View Post
Newred is not even close to being the size for a G6. If you don't work for the shop, why don't you have this event at someplace more suitable to the event?
stelerzman in palm beach runs the same event and has about the same amount of space just becuse it say's G6 does not mean 100000 gates...

All I am trying to do is put on an event that brings every one together.

I have no problem running in G-vill or Sandford or any were else for that fact that wants to run a scale (G6) event if its 20 gates or 100 its all about trying to give evey one a place to run and have FUN as a group...
Old 10-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #5

yoda, sounds like youre getting the third degree just for trying to put something together. if yall want to have some fun then show up, you guys missed the key word FUN.
hpirick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

So that means you wont be there then?
RebelRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRacer View Post
So that means you wont be there then?

I'd show just to lay the smack down on your junk.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I'd show just to lay the smack down on your junk.
one mans "junk" as you say is another mans treasure .
Old 10-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda@4x4 View Post
Ok it's hard for a hobbie shop to support an area that has had no support from the out side in over 6 month's. No one has run or had any thing to do with the track or had any interested in it and now they are being bugged by everyone to get it going so thats what we are trying to do.......
You want us to come PAY AND WORK. Me and Matt do a very good job keeping Gainesville maintained with no outside support OR entry fee, and we have a good time too.

Quote:
Ok changed my wording on the rules, secound all rule's will apply to every one...

A G6 event can be called what every you want it be. I have talk to every one that hold's these events and puts them on and have been told the same thing it is up to the event holder to run it how it works for there area all am trying to do is give crawler/scalers all place to go and support a LHS in my area and any and every one that wants to run this type of event and other enevts (crawler/scalers) in the State of Florida.

stelerzman in palm beach runs the same event and has about the same amount of space just becuse it say's G6 does not mean 100000 gates......
John puts in a TON of work down there and those guys have a blast there. Again, no entry fee.

Quote:
All I am trying to do is put on an event that brings every one together
This can be done anywhere, with good terrain.

Quote:
I have no problem running in G-vill or Sandford or any were else for that fact that wants to run a scale (G6) event if its 20 gates or 100 its all about trying to give evey one a place to run and have FUN as a group...
You been invited to Gainesville MANY times. We will be out tomorrow having a blast, AND we will even let you slide on the entry fee once.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #10
Looking for new Trails

Kenny I don't know were you came from or how long you have been in R/C but in this world there is nothing FREE every race track I have ever been to, to race, crawl, scale or drift ect... I have had some kind of fee to practice or race or comp there is always a fee....

you do alot of work in G-ville to land that is not even yours and the first person to get hurt snake bit or any other thing it will all come to an end. I wish you the best of luck and have no problem coming out to g-ville for any event you want to put on.....
Old 10-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #11
Looking for new Trails

Quote:
You want us to come PAY AND WORK. Me and Matt do a very good job keeping Gainesville maintained with no outside support OR entry fee, and we have a good time too.
Kenny, I have never seen you or Matt hold an event that has had 50 plus people, NewRed has held many events with 50 plus scalers and crawler.. and this past weekend 174 entry's on Saturday racing,, We try and bring alot to the R/C world but it does take support from the out side...We also try and make it were Family's, kids or any one can come to watch and support this great hobby

Quote:
John puts in a TON of work down there and those guys have a blast there. Again, no entry fee.
and John has no over head the place they use is state or county land and agian help from others to make it happen,
it coast's some one some thing to make that place and that is there right to not charge...

Quote:
This can be done anywhere, with good terrain.
And your right it can be

Quote:
You been invited to Gainesville MANY times. We will be out tomorrow having a blast, AND we will even let you slide on the entry fee once.
and agian I have no problem going and running at other place's.. I have traveled all over this state to race and injoy this hobby as have you and many others on this fourm...
Old 10-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #12
Looking for new Trails

SO let's get back to the reason this thread was made plases....
Old 10-30-2011, 05:28 PM   #13
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
I don't know were you came from or how long you have been in R/C but in this world there is nothing FREE every race track I have ever been to, to race, crawl, scale or drift ect... I have had some kind of fee to practice or race or comp there is always a fee....

Really??????? Always a fee huh? That's BS............... Only places I have ever had to pay an entry fee to run these rigs, and mind you, I have been doing this quite a while, is big events like The East Coast Championships and National events, oh, and New Red. So don't try and tell me there is always a fee, I know better.
The one great thing about the crawlers and scalers is the fact that we don't need a "track" to run our rigs. We don't have to go to a place that "requires" an entry fee to run on appropriate terrain. You are kinda comparing apples(crawling) to oranges(dirt oval. on road, etc) as far as there always needing to be an entry fee.

you do alot of work in G-ville to land that is not even yours and the first person to get hurt snake bit or any other thing it will all come to an end. I wish you the best of luck and have no problem coming out to g-ville for any event you want to put on.....

And guys cleaning up Sanford is different how? Please tell me. We clean vines and weeds from around existing rock formations. No building or anything like that. Not tresspassing, no doing anything prohibted. Most likely less dangerous than running around in the woods and swamp on Sanford as far as snakes are considered. And I know 2 people that have been hurt out there and I, I mean they, never complained to the city.

In fact the water dept guys see us all the time and have no problems at all with what we are doing. Hell, we are helping them out.

Damn near every single place we have comped or scaled at for the last 5 years has been just like Gainesville, or Sanford, or Tallahassee, or Mirimar, or anywhere else other than New RED...............................public land, parks or state land.

I hope you are not playing the "The only place to crawl and be safe is run at the LHS" card.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Robotboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #15

not going to make it to the event at new red this go round due to prior plans. will def make it next time...... even be happy to pay an entry fee.
hpirick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Kenny, I have never seen you or Matt hold an event that has had 50 plus people
Really? Where are the results of this great turn out?

Do you get paid or a discount to spam up the Florida section from Tom or Mason?
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

smh... i see nothing has changed..
Old 10-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

There is not 50 crawlers in Fl. Hell, there is not 25.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #19
Looking for new Trails

I am not sure were this is going for you guys (Matt/Kenny) but all I did was post an event and you start bashing my thread talking shit now I have not said one bad thing about you or were you run and don't care..

Not sure what your problem is with NewRed or LHS trying to get in to Crawlers/Scalers but each person has a right to offer or host an event or track they choose to....

If you don't want to pay to play then don't, but don't bash and bad mouth every one's thread becuse you don't like it...

and if you have a problem with me you can call me or come find me don't site behind a keyboard and talk smack !!!!! I have done nothing to you or kenny to get this kind of treatment.......

Last edited by yoda@4x4; 10-30-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #20
Looking for new Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer19 View Post
Really? Where are the results of this great turn out?

Do you get paid or a discount to spam up the Florida section from Tom or Mason?

SPAM UP!!! I do not get any thing out of supporting newred hobbies NOTHING....

I am just supporting a hobby shop close to me that is all.....

and as for Mason or Tom

Mason has not had much to with this hobby shop in over a year and Tom is just trying to give everyone a place to run....