Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Indoor Crawler Park

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #1

Default Indoor Crawler Park

Thinking of opening a Indoor Crawler park here in Sarasota..all input are welcome..
BORN_TO_CRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #2

Default Re: Indoor Crawler Park

Looks like I found a good place indoor.6000 sq ft warehouse..
Old 01-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

move to central florida and your golden lol
cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:16 AM   #4

lol that would be nice
djblubaugh1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #5

were central fl.?
Old 01-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

We are all pretty much in the Orlando area or close enough to travel there reasonably
Old 01-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
Looking for new Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN_TO_CRAW View Post
Looks like I found a good place indoor.6000 sq ft warehouse..
? what are you going to charge to get in and are you building it for JUST crawlers if so i would look it to this ....

The "ROX BOX 2.0" Indy's Premier 5,000 sq. ft. Indoor Crawling Facility
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #8

I have a few idea in mine,something like the pic ,but better LOL.Rock climing and trail course.Its going to be an outdoor theme,but indoor
Maybe costing around $10.00 all day and $15- for one hour rental.With a mix of rocks,dirt,tree stumps,wood,shells.sand..etc.I might even have a sitting lounge with tv and a stack bar..

Last edited by BORN_TO_CRAW; 01-30-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #9

check this out..
Scale Offroad Rally - YouTube
Old 01-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #10
Looking for new Trails

Cool idea hope it works for you.....The only problem I have seen in the last few years is no one like's to pay when you can trail ride and have just as much fun in your local yard and park and bridge LOL..

It realy has to be out of this world and one really good hosted event for the traveling crews to pay and play... you can see this in alot of the old threads right here in florida section that this has been brought up before. I think its a great idea and hope you can pull it off i would really like to see it... if you get it all done a few of us have been kicking the idea of setting up a scale series in a few areas and have differant events and have a cool BBQ at the last event for price's and give aways but nothing has been set in stone yet....

Ideas

your trail ride
seld pull area
mud,soft sand,and cool hill climbs

and your right alot of the RC hobbie Expo videos will give you a good bit of inspiration and idea's to help you in your build...
Old 01-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #11

Yeah,,Thats what I was afraid of ,,Not willing to pay to play.But why are people paying to race on dirt track? isn't it almost the same thing when you can race any open dirt space outdoors.
I know theres places outdoors for crawler,With a park there lots of different level course..Just like a skate board or bmx park.Paying a small fee to play is way better and more fun then it is compare to a normal ever day live..Don't you think?
Old 01-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #12

Series and events would work for me.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #13
Looking for new Trails

Look threw some of the old threads and you will see what I we are talking about..

Last edited by yoda@4x4; 01-30-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

if i were to build a place for this area i would lean more towards the scale truck type of course less rock and more dirt. i would love to see something i would find if i was trail riding a 1.1 up in the mountains or out in the mid west make it something that i cant run on in the woods or back yard every day here. i would still have a rock area for comp style crawlers and all that but scale trucks dont do well on that i believe

also i know me and yoda understand the idea behind paying to play cuz it is still a business and there are expenses involved like rent for one but you will really have to make it a must run place to get the rest to get on board also close enough to the group it seems like an hour is max distance most are willing to travel but if you need any help on the set up or anything like that feel free to ask im willing to come out and help build and everything
Old 01-31-2012, 07:53 AM   #15

Hey thanks for the input.
If I was to make it more for the scaler side ,what would I need to do or make it a must run place,isn't it pretty much dirt and hills? But I will make it for both world.

Last edited by BORN_TO_CRAW; 01-31-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:20 AM   #16
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
also i know me and yoda understand the idea behind paying to play cuz it is still a business and there are expenses involved like rent for one but you will really have to make it a must run place to get the rest to get on board

I understand it better than you think. I am full aware that it takes money to run a business ............................

Maybe it is you that doesn't understand, the issue has never been on the concept of charging entry fees.............................the problem lies in having to travel to a place, pay admission, and then have to run in conditions that aren't as nice as what is local and free and less than was advertised in terrain or running of the event.

If the event is worthy of the price of admission the great........................charge away.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:40 AM   #17
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN_TO_CRAW View Post
Yeah,,Thats what I was afraid of ,,Not willing to pay to play.But why are people paying to race on dirt track? isn't it almost the same thing when you can race any open dirt space outdoors.
Apples vs Oranges....
Not even close to the same thing. I know hundreds of places locally that are good for a scaler, how many dirt tracks are in the same area?

More dirt track guys will show due to the low number of decent places to run a dirt track. That alone will make the attendance at a dirt event much higher.

The best dirt tracks around are at LHS's and such.

The best comp and scale areas anywhere in FL are not at LHS's.

That is one of the things that turned me on to this hobby years ago, the lack of need to rely on the LHS or anybody else to go out and run my rig. I can make courses on local terrain that a LHS could only dream about with their limited space and supplies. And it doesn't cost anything but my time.

It sounds like with the questions you have asked that you are not very familiar with comp and scale rigs. My suggestion would be to go out to some of the spots around and see for yourself, especially if you are thinking about building something.

Now with all that said, I routinely hit some big events out of state with my comp rig and pay substantially higher fees than what New Red or you plan to charge.........but the quality of the event and terrain make the entry fee worth it, ask any of us that have gone.

Do your research, make the entry fee worth it, and you won't have any problems attracting some people.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #18

First of all...did you read the the first? It said SARASOTA.i WASN'T ASKING FOR PEOPLE 100 MILE AWAY DID I ????
I WAS POSTING THE FOR SARASOTA SURROUND ARE..TO SEE IF IT WAS WORTH THE TROUBLE....AND YES I DO UNDERSTAND IN BUSINESS MARKETING,,,,,,AS I AM BUSINESS OWNER.......I NEVER ASKED ABOUT ENTRY FEES...IT WAS A SUBJECT THAT WAS BOUGHT UP.....THERE A FEE FOR WHAT EVERY YOU DO IN LIFE.....DOESN'T HAS TO BE RC.......AND BESIDE ..YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE CRY BABIES THAT CRY ABOUT "10 BUCKS"......PLEASE....GET A LIFE!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #19
Looking for new Trails

Scattman has made the same vaild point he always does and trust me I understand them all with the lack of building supplys and time too you have to really wow people with what you have or have one really bad ass program, because mother nature has us beat every time and it's free
Old 01-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

lol i never said that you didnt know what it took to run a business and seems like you have more money than the rest of us to blow on rc but what i did say is me and a few others are ok with paying to use a place just to support it the best we can but in order to succeed with the whole thing and the whole group actually want to go there on a regular basis you better do your home work and make it a place that is a must that we cant get in nature for free

we all are trying to help you with our comments not trying to hurt the dream we all would love to have another cool place to go

Indoor Crawler Park - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hurricane Hills Indoor RC Park is BACK BABY!!!! CaptainSafety West Virginia 20 07-09-2011 08:13 PM
First Competition at Hurricane Hills Indoor RC Park CaptainSafety West Virginia 19 03-28-2011 06:45 AM
First Crawl at Hurricane Hills Indoor Park CaptainSafety Videos! 0 02-19-2011 06:52 PM
First Competition at Hurricane Hills Indoor RC Park CaptainSafety Competitions 0 02-14-2011 11:22 AM
New Indoor Crawler Course... Cleaner General Crawlers 32 01-25-2011 10:10 PM