Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: First Coast Radio Control Experience

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 01:54 AM   #1

Default First Coast Radio Control Experience

I am Darren Kathman, a Police Officer with the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office. I am proud to present the The First Coast Radio Control Experience (F.O.R.C.E.) at 13611 Normandy Blvd (Equestrian Center), Jacksonville, FL on March 29th, 2014.

This is a charity event for the The Police Athletic League of Jacksonville (P.A.L.). All proceeds collected during the event will be passed on to the P.A.L. The Police Athletic League is a 40 year old, youth citizen building program. The program teams Police Officers with kids at a young age to help the kids build a positive relationship with Police Officers that grow into the child's adulthood.

There will be a series of smaller events leading to the F.O.R.C.E. throughout the year. Most events will have a Police theme built into it.

The following is a working list of events planned during this single day event:

-4x4 Patrol (Crawler event)
-Hot Pursuit (police chase on a parking lot track)
-Hazzard County (Bash area with jumps)
-Monster Truck Race (Head to head racing for monster style trucks)
-P.A.L Series Championship (on road track, season ending race for a potential P.A.L. league)
-Dirt track
-Marine Patrol (access to retention pond for boats)
-Speed Trap (top speed contest, police radar will be used.)
-The Line Up (a show and shine)
-Swap Meet
-Vendor area

I am seeking sponsors to help me with the associated fee’s to rent the Arena, and merchandise to award to entrants. If a sponsor is interested in running one of the areas, or to host a different event I am open for negotiation.

My first preliminary event will be the Monster Truck Race, during August. The crawler course will likely fall to the end of the year, since we have to build the course from scratch. I will post here about the upcoming events, and progress on the crawler course.

Darren
JeeperDarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: First Coast Radio Control Experience

If anyone here can get up to this you wont be disappointed. This a Multi-Million dollar facility that is really incredible. If you have any connections with businesses who you feel would contribute to this event and its cause, send him a pm.

click on a couple links on this page to learn about this place.
Events in Jacksonville, FloridaJaxEvents.com
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #3

I have been in contact with the Local Shops, and they are interested with my event.

I am in negotiations with a distributor to sponsor a race. Most likely they will sponsor the P.A.L. race, which is the only event intended for the kids. All of the other events are open for anyone.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #4

Monster Truck-page-001 by forcecop, on Flickr
Old 08-31-2013, 12:48 AM   #5

Today is the big day! I am taking the experiences I learn from this event to apply to the First Coast Radio Control Experience (F.O.R.C.E.) next year. I have the ramps ready to go, and a Traxxas Timing system. Rain or shine, I will be there.
The address is 7273 103rd St, at Hobbyworld. The 7237 address is a typo.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #6

Saturday, Sept 6, 2013 will be the next event. I will be at the Grand Opening of R/C Outlet's indoor track. The address is 4616 Subchaser Ct #11, and we will be there all day. I will be testing my Hot Pursuit Course (track is small, 1/10 scale or less), the Traxxas Timing System should be up and running for any drag races, several ramps for bashing, and a Rock Garden for crawlers. This is in addition to the activities R/C Outlet has planned. From what I understand, use of the indoor track is free during the grand opening.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #7

Very interesting on how the Rock Garden turned out today. This was a last minute idea. Exocaged had rocks... and he had a trailer... I asked him the night before to bring both, and this "course" had several people come over to take pictures. We brought the only crawlers, yet we had a lot of attention with the course on a trailer. We will be expanding on this idea in the months to come.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:48 AM   #8

We now have a facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/firstcoastrc

Plans are in the works for more bash sessions, this time in more public areas.

The crawler trailer will be coming to life soon (Need the trailer for my Alabama Wheeling trip in two weeks). I can't wait to get started on the build, it is going to require a lot of testing, and crawling to get it right.

First Coast Radio Control Experience - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lost radio signal and runaway truck.. bad experience with good luck this time Steelfish Electronics 5 07-11-2013 05:47 AM
Radio Control Roundup KabukiCrawler Non Crawler RC's 2 09-25-2011 11:55 AM
Using Radio to control speed notez2beat Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 2 06-30-2009 01:40 PM
No radio control Gen 1-HELP! Alman General Crawlers 1 02-06-2006 01:40 AM