Notices

Thread: DRV KRAWLER FOFF'en Formula Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #381
RCC Addict

Default Re: DRV KRAWLER FOFF'en Formula Offroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
I realize that I have not updated this thread in a LLLOOOONNNNGGGGG Time. I live in the Foothills of California and have NO Soft sand to run this on.
My four year old Son Nicholas has been driving me nuts to run it. I have explained to him many times it is to fast to just run it any where ( Do to the gearing ). He has been driving me NUTS.
I finally gave in on a rainy evening last weekend. I told him I would test it to insure the ESC fan was working and a few "Blips" of the throttle would happen ( Stupid me ).
I got it off the shelf and installed the battery. I took it into our Dining area that has Laminate flooring ( Thank God ). Anyways I figured very low traction less chance of Stupidity ( Ya, RIGHT ). First rule don't do this unless you have a video camera on ( I could have won Americas Funniest videos on this DIP $hit move ). I am sitting on the floor explaining how fast the Rig is to my Son. Blip the throttle forward a little. Then I go to back it up. I loose attention for brief second and Blip the throttle in reverse. The Rig proceeds LAUNCH Backward two feet maybe. Making contact with our dining set chair ( Mind you these are Bar stool height chairs ) Completely knocking it over. Scaring My Wife that is in the kitchen myself and Nicholas.
The collision was CRAZY LOUD. Body flying off, knocking the chair at least two feet and toppling it to the ground like it was nothing. When the scare is over. My son tells me " Hey Dad that's to fast for the House ". I just wanted to tell him " NO $HIT ". Back on the shelf till we can plan a trip to the Beach LOL ! Now don't forget every time you hook up a battery to a Foff have your Damn video camera on.
reminds me of the time we put my 3S in there and handed control to your wife... goes without saying. its one mega stupid fast rig...

Now that I live in SF I gotta find some time to head out (ehm finish my stuff FIRST!) and give that sucker a run with my gopro on board hope you find some time to run that thing and really let it loose
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #382
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelerzman View Post
That's a sweet lookin' rig. When will we see video?????
In need of a Video camera ! Calvin says he will bring up a GoPro. That would be epic to say the least.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #383
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
In need of a Video camera ! Calvin says he will bring up a GoPro. That would be epic to say the least.
once I get a few things dealt with at home i'd gladly head on over your way for the day to shoot some vids... few things being getting A crawler going besides my mini
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote