Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Anybody use the dig yet?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 01:20 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

O.K. tried to install. Got it all figured out EXCEPT for the fact that they did not send me long enough screws to attach it to the tranny!! I tried every different way with the screws that were sent, but it is not possible. Again, anybody install one yet? It is pissing me off cause it feels way smooth and seems like its going to work great...........
Steve Hipsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #22

dam dont you hate that! when all of a sudden everything comes to a halt. same with me! i bet its the bottom one on the right hand side isnt it.Dam gamde. i tried to use one of the spares but dont want to yet i really want to work it out but worse case i will steal one left over from the kit!

and i bet your kids are hounding you about getting the the r1 built as well hahaa! wihich doesnt help

well all we can do is wait i guess
donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #23

and steve i got a quick question for you. im thinking of running a 21.5 novak BL crawler motor its a1800KV, so you think that is too hardcore with the dig? will there be too much stress on the plate that connects to the drive shatfs or will the shatfs go bye bye sorry i know its a noobish question but i really have a limited knowledge on rock crawling

Last edited by donny; 07-05-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by donny View Post
dam dont you hate that! when all of a sudden everything comes to a halt. same with me! i bet its the bottom one on the right hand side isnt it.Dam gamde. i tried to use one of the spares but dont want to yet i really want to work it out but worse case i will steal one left over from the kit!

and i bet your kids are hounding you about getting the the r1 built as well hahaa! wihich doesnt help

well all we can do is wait i guess
YES THAT ONE!! A real pisser. Yes to the kids as well as the Wife mad cause I could be cleaning house or something!!
I WANT INSTRUCTIONS DAMMIT!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #25

lol Life is not fair is it when you want me time someone or something will take it away...
Old 07-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hipsley View Post
O.K. tried to install. Got it all figured out EXCEPT for the fact that they did not send me long enough screws to attach it to the tranny!! I tried every different way with the screws that were sent, but it is not possible. Again, anybody install one yet? It is pissing me off cause it feels way smooth and seems like its going to work great...........

NO PICS???????????

KNIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIFE View Post
NO PICS???????????

tonight I will take and post some. never posted on here before
Old 07-05-2010, 11:53 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
hey steve how is the build on the dig any luck, did you work it out. hope the force is with you

and strawb when you get the instruction would you be so kind to post it up pls. im getting very sad when i come home and still see the r1 i bits. i almost want to throw it in the bin cos its frustrating how i cant work it out. its a love hate relationship at the moment with this crawler...

if it comes and if it does have instructions ......

i'll post it for you ....

i'm pretty sure you guys will have it figured out before mine even arrives ....
strawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:25 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

So My dig is installed and so is servo and plate. Still need to setup the linkage. I had to use screws that were leftover extras from the kit itself. I did have one little "mini" aluminum spacer leftover from the dig parts bag that I have no idea what it could be for. It's like they threw a bunch of misc hardware in with the dig and said "good luck with that" as there are alot of screws and stuff leftover on this as well. But definitly some of the neccessary screws in the right length are not there. Anyway the dig transitions back and forth smoothly and I cannot wait to get linkage setup. I will then take it apart and threadlock everything while putting it back together. Lets see heres a note about dig servo. If you use a full size servo make sure you use the smallest length screws to mount battery/dig servo aluminum tray. If any length of screw is sticking out it will block dig servo from mounting correctly. Shortest allen head screws provided with dig kit worked perfect.
I wonder if I will have to trim the rear driveshaft to make it shorter?
Cool hop up but they should have included everything you need to mount it AND INSTRUCTIONS DAMMIT. Oh well nothings perfect and I can't wait to get this thing out on the rocks!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hipsley View Post
So My dig is installed and so is servo and plate. Still need to setup the linkage. I had to use screws that were leftover extras from the kit itself. I did have one little "mini" aluminum spacer leftover from the dig parts bag that I have no idea what it could be for. It's like they threw a bunch of misc hardware in with the dig and said "good luck with that" as there are alot of screws and stuff leftover on this as well. But definitly some of the neccessary screws in the right length are not there. Anyway the dig transitions back and forth smoothly and I cannot wait to get linkage setup. I will then take it apart and threadlock everything while putting it back together. Lets see heres a note about dig servo. If you use a full size servo make sure you use the smallest length screws to mount battery/dig servo aluminum tray. If any length of screw is sticking out it will block dig servo from mounting correctly. Shortest allen head screws provided with dig kit worked perfect.
I wonder if I will have to trim the rear driveshaft to make it shorter?
Cool hop up but they should have included everything you need to mount it AND INSTRUCTIONS DAMMIT. Oh well nothings perfect and I can't wait to get this thing out on the rocks!!!

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN............
HAHAHA Just messin with yah but I would love to see it setup before you put everything covering it up.
This no instruction thing is BS and especially not good news for me cause I gotta run dig but wholly hell I got no chance of setting it up here-(alone) WITHOUT DESTRUCTIONS EITHER..
DAMMIT HANDS
Old 07-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #31

Wow! you worked it out! you must be macgyver or and mech engineer. can you post some pics of it and specially the back of it pls. you got me all keen to get it up!
Old 07-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

So let me ask a question for knife, do the rear upper links have to be moved to the outside of the chassis to get it all to fit?

It looks like it in this pic.

http://www.junfac.com/shop/images/op...ig/r1_dig3.jpg
ripper7777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I put some pics on my FaceBook. Does this work? They are not that greatest of pics but if this works I will put some more in there. This is last night after I got it bolted on tranny.
Here is the link......

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...9482070&ref=mf
Old 07-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #34

thanks steve you are the best

i was sratching my head for a very long time trying to work out where the shortest aluminum spacer goes, well i guess all that thinking has been wasted, those guys at junfac must be playing a prank on us and having a good giggle putting all those extra bit or they are just lazy and grabbed a handful of whatever and say that will do!

you know that aluminum plate closest to the transmission which way did you face it. does the counter sunk holes face in towards the tranny or out??

Last edited by donny; 07-06-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
thanks steve you are the best

i was sratching my head for a very long time trying to work out where the shortest aluminum spacer goes, well i guess all that thinking has been wasted, those guys at junfac must be playing a prank on us and having a good giggle putting all those extra bit or they are just lazy and grabbed a handful of whatever and say that will do!

you know that aluminum plate closest to the transmission which way did you face it. does the counter sunk holes face in towards the tranny or out??
In toward the tranny. I think that maybe the short aluminum spacer could be used for the servo dig link if you used a small servo it could go inbetween the ball ends to stregthen the linkage.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

can someone post pics of the dig build and install here?

i was checking the clearance betwee the upper link and the drive shaft and it does look like a tight fit?
strawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #37

thanks steve once again you been great help all finished and now on to the servo plate which should be ok

strawb dont use the screws that comes with the dig kit, you will find the right screws in the left overs from the r1 kit.

ill posted some pis today after work
Old 07-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #38
WVB
Quarry Creeper

Steve Hipsley's FB:

WVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

SICKKKKKKKKKK..........

Damn I can't wait till I get my dig and lights, best of all my RIPPER7RACING PARTS..
Lance is man. He's whoopin up something special for me as we speak cant wait..
He should be your first R1 STOP......
Old 07-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Had to cut the rear driveshafts shorter to fit the dig unit. I cut em too short!!! Don't drink and drive!!!