Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Anybody use the dig yet?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Anybody use the dig yet?

I am waiting on mine to get here. Has anybody installed it and used it yet? If so, what do you think?
Steve Hipsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #2

i got mine but no instruction

i emailed junfac see if they can email me a copy but still wanting.......
donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:53 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by donny View Post

nice, no instructions!! you would think that they would have them online like the lightbars...........
Old 06-30-2010, 07:20 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Im ordering mine Friday. No instructions? That sucks!!!
Oso787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #5

Steve and Oso787 it really sucks! im so depressed i was going to finish the build by friday (no esc or motor) but i still would like to see it standing on it wheels. i search the net and junfac site but got nothing. hope junfac emails me soon
Old 06-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

You guys cant figure this out? They have detailed pics of it installed up on their sight. How hard can it be to put together looks like there is only about 8 screws.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
You guys cant figure this out? They have detailed pics of it installed up on their sight. How hard can it be to put together looks like there is only about 8 screws.
true. i was looking at the pics and it seems pretty simple. But the point is they still should send instructions.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:07 PM   #8

sorry to be rude sloppy but have you installed one???

yeah there is a pic of the thing but you cant see the other side of the thing.

i worked it out where all the bits and peices goes but not sure which side the aluminum plate should face closest to the transmission because one side of that plate is counter sunked and no matter which way i put it the screws in they are too short. the aluminum cylinder things that holds the other plate, i have the shortest one left over..

i can put the thing together with the other screws left over from the kit but i rather have some kind of instructions to follow instead of installing it wrong and have to take the thing apart or worse something breaking

but if you know how pls tell...
Old 06-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
sorry to be rude sloppy but have you installed one???

yeah there is a pic of the thing but you cant see the other side of the thing.

i worked it out where all the bits and peices goes but not sure which side the aluminum plate should face closest to the transmission because one side of that plate is counter sunked and no matter which way i put it the screws in they are too short. the aluminum cylinder things that holds the other plate, i have the shortest one left over..

i can put the thing together with the other screws left over from the kit but i rather have some kind of instructions to follow instead of installing it wrong and have to take the thing apart or worse something breaking

but if you know how pls tell...
yeah me too. i like directions to follow
Old 06-30-2010, 12:21 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Pretty sure this thread has nothing to do with install, but how well it works. But thanks for the smart a$$ comment it really helps move things along
Fattymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:17 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Oso787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattymojo View Post
Pretty sure this thread has nothing to do with install, but how well it works. But thanks for the smart a$$ comment it really helps move things along
Yeah I am really curious how itz gonna work. Quality from GMade has been top notch thus far. Right now I have a 21 turn motor in it, so guess i'll change to a 55 turn. Bye bye rock racer, hello full blown crawler. Guess I goota buy some Rovers now too.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:53 PM   #13
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:

Sorry to hear no instructions. That sucks, hope you figure it out.

It takes awhile to get a reply from them so be patient.

Quote:
Remember when there were'nt any instructions for anything?
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:36 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post

Remember when there were'nt any instructions for anything?
Yeah I sure do.. Hell super detailed pics like they have posted would have been awesome at one point..

O well my smart ass is not helping anything here.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Dig came in today, which is weird because I have not recieved my other parts that I ordered two days earlier!!
Anyway, mine did not come with directions either. It does seem simple using the pictures on Junfacs site. Hopefully I will be able to install it tonight. It sucks that I have a 21t motor in it guess I will just go slow until I get a 45-55t. Looks if you go fast then switch to dig....snap!!! We shall see....
anyone install and use it yet???
Old 07-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hipsley View Post
Dig came in today, which is weird because I have not recieved my other parts that I ordered two days earlier!!
Anyway, mine did not come with directions either. It does seem simple using the pictures on Junfacs site. Hopefully I will be able to install it tonight. It sucks that I have a 21t motor in it guess I will just go slow until I get a 45-55t. Looks if you go fast then switch to dig....snap!!! We shall see....
anyone install and use it yet???
and speaking of "snap" hopefully replacement parts will be available for the dig unit.................
Old 07-05-2010, 05:44 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

any update regarding the dig for the R1?

just ordered mine and put a special note to include the instructions in the delivery .....
strawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #18

hey steve how is the build on the dig any luck, did you work it out. hope the force is with you

and strawb when you get the instruction would you be so kind to post it up pls. im getting very sad when i come home and still see the r1 i bits. i almost want to throw it in the bin cos its frustrating how i cant work it out. its a love hate relationship at the moment with this crawler...
Old 07-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
hey steve how is the build on the dig any luck, did you work it out. hope the force is with you

and strawb when you get the instruction would you be so kind to post it up pls. im getting very sad when i come home and still see the r1 i bits. i almost want to throw it in the bin cos its frustrating how i cant work it out. its a love hate relationship at the moment with this crawler...
I built it but have not installed it yet. I have a 3 year old AND a 16 year old so its hard to get any "me" time. I plan on working on it today and mabye I will even post a pic or two. As I said dig is built and I think that just like the kit, they send extra parts. We will see once I get it mounted. I am going to take my 55t motor out of my Creeper for the time being. Hell I'm going to try to do some now, if family will let me!!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Im excited to hear how this works...
Almost ready to order my dig unit and some lights..
With my Ripper parts in and a couple of personal tricks Im excited as hell for this thing to be done..

Man putting together a New Crawler when you have no hands is extremely difficult..........did I mention slow!
KNIFE is offline   Reply With Quote