Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: gmade komodo lift kit help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2016, 11:47 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default gmade komodo lift kit help

hey trying to run the g-transition shocks in "sprung" instead of droop and just installed a new metal driveshafts and i get all kind of axle chatter so i installed a gpm adjustable 4 link and have been playing with them for days trying to get it to stop and just no luck anyone have any ideas i have the boom c-hubs and knuckles as well as the gpm cvds (which r crap) can you mount the c-hubs the other way ? is my problem just the driveshafts?Gmade Komodo HELP PLZ | The RCSparks Studio Online Community Forums
theres a link to some pics of my rig
jokersinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: gmade komodo lift kit help

Running the shocks in the sprung setup lifts the chassis beyond the driveshafts ability to turn smoothly, the angle of the u-joint is too severe. You may have to lower your suspension or find driveshafts that have more articulation. Changing the pinion angle at the axles only solves half the problem.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I'll also add that changing the pinion angle via lengthening the upper link is fine for the rear axle, but will change the caster geometry for the worse (as in less steering) if you go overboard on the front axle. The holy grail of course is to clock the c-hubs toward the chassis, and while there are options for this on Axial axles, I'm in the dark as to how you do that to Gmade axles.

As was just previously mentioned in the post above, there is just a point where if your driveshafts even bind at the gearbox/transfer-case outputs, then you have exceeded the working angles of your u-joint/CVJ.
K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:04 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

thanks i just put smaller driveshafts on and plastic ones at that for now lol and it seems to help.
as for the chubs on a gmade komodo

Gmade Aluminum C-Hub Carrier (2) (Grey) [GMA30037] | Parts - AMain Performance Hobbies
heres an example of the adjustment to try for them ive tried both with not much success.
still having steering issues steers more one way then the other and one wheel more then the other ?
tried flipping everything around including different links and nothing
jokersinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:17 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I'm not a fan of full droop setup, but G-Made included shocks are very long (and hence high ride height) in stock setup. The clockable hubs will help (glad to see these in aluminum), but you really need shorter shocks. May take a couple tries or if you remove the shocks, cycle the suspension while measuring carefully, you should be able to get a proper length shock first time around. Depending on what is available, you may need to internally and/or externally limit them slightly for optimum setup.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:10 PM   #6
RCC Addict

if you need right answers . come here.

RC sparcks is just a bunch of uneducated teens that will steer you in the wrong direction
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote

gmade komodo lift kit help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GMade Komodo.... Rich23 G-Made Crawlers 8 04-27-2016 02:45 PM
Gmade Komodo JDAY Comments, Suggestions, and Help 1 10-30-2015 09:28 PM