Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Gmade trans swap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2016, 08:19 AM   #1

Default Gmade trans swap

Hello I've seen several gmade buggies with the wraith trans. But how about the Losi night crawler trans. Has anyone tried or thought of this swap? Thanks Joshua.
chevycummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2016, 11:37 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Gmade trans swap

Only reason to swap out is to eliminate torque steer. I'm surprised at the gmade trans..... keeps on going

HANG UP AND DRIVE !
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:13 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

No Lodi but I put the AX10 in mine
Morbid Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:18 AM   #4

Mike I swapped mine out for the axial trans because you cant throw 4 pole power at the Gmade trans. Torque steer isn't really the right term either. The issue is torque twist. BTW it doesn't go away, and will not go away no matter which way the trans is facing. You could try making a rear sway bar, or modify an existing sway bar kit, but that would be the only way.
Chevycummins, The Losi transmissions are made to be used with the worm drive axles. The transmission itself isn't really geared to be run with a ring and pinion type of axle. The drive shaft in a comp/ LNC Losi spins 25 times per one revolution of the axle, or 21 times per 1 revolution if the HD gears are in the axle. If you did use the LNC trans with Gmade or Axial axle, it would be a pretty fast rig, and you would lose a lot of torque and also the ability to really "crawl".

That being said, that could be what you are looking for. I put an SSD 2 speed transmission in my R1, and high gear is a similar ration to that of an LNC trans. Even with a 4 pole motor, it is still hard to attempt any technical crawling in high gear, and it causes the motor to cog when I try using it that way. The high gear wheel speed is amazing for digging up hills and going thru the really sloppy stuff. I was crawling a local spot, and got in to some straight diarrhea mud in low gear, and all forward movement was slowed or stopped. I clicked that mother in to High gear and shot 4 roosters sky high and it was gone. In a split second it hopped out of the mud it had sunk in to, and skipped across the rest of it until my truck was on dry land again. It was awesome.

So depending on what you are going for, the LNC trans might be your thing.
schlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Twist it is, I actually use it . I'm surprised by the trans, no slop or noise yet I'm running a 17.5 tekin

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote

Gmade trans swap - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Trans Swap? Volture'Z Venom Creeper 12 03-06-2012 05:16 PM