LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2019, 01:52 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: 1SLWMoFo’s GS02 Bom

Quote:
Originally Posted by drzjohn View Post
Thankyou
I have found a set of new trx sport shocks with springs I am going to try
Nice!!! Are you going to be using the rear shock towers included in the Bom kit, or are you mounting them as I did? I would not recommend mounting them directly to the frame rails as you run the risk of bending the rail upon hard impacts. Fab up some mounting plates out of aluminum. The Home Depot has aluminum long plates about 1/8 to 3/16 thick that is very inexpensive and you will have enough to last for years.

I filled up the shocks with the included silicone which is kid of heavy, but I really like a heavy silicone in my shocks as it tends to make for a more predictable shock and give you the ability to use softer springs. A softer spring will react “easier” to preload adjustment. Nevertheless, you may want to try different silicone weights to accommodate for your driving style.

Let us know how you like them.
1SLWMoFo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2019, 07:11 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

The mandatory flex shots with the Traxxas GTS’s...

From behind...
Old 04-23-2019, 04:42 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SLWMoFo View Post
Axles…
The input shafts, well I’m very partial to Axial WB8’s. Indestructible and very dependable driveshafts, but you will have to mod the optional Gmade input shafts for the WB8’s to fit properly.

I'm a fan of the Axial WB8 HD too and I thought there was no need for metal driveshafts on my rigs. Then I bought aGs02 Ta pro with the hardened steel universal shafts. Too early to say if they can stand the same abuse as the WB8 but I really like them, I appreciate their smaller diameter and the integration of the pinion shaft. I ordered two GA44 input shaft, still waiting for them after 3 weeks, but I doubt I will mount them id the universal shafts don't broke.
setecastronomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:21 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by setecastronomy View Post
I'm a fan of the Axial WB8 HD too and I thought there was no need for metal driveshafts on my rigs. Then I bought aGs02 Ta pro with the hardened steel universal shafts. Too early to say if they can stand the same abuse as the WB8 but I really like them, I appreciate their smaller diameter and the integration of the pinion shaft. I ordered two GA44 input shaft, still waiting for them after 3 weeks, but I doubt I will mount them id the universal shafts don't broke.
Yeah, same here... the WB8HD’s are just unbeatable. The first reason for me going with them is just the great experience I’ve had with them. I don’t doubt that Gmade shafts will perform great and last you a long time, taking into account that their shafts for the TF2 have excellent reviews as well. Yet, if I went the Gmade route (second reason), I was stuck with that and only that, and if I happen not to like them or they fell short to expectations I would not have any other options due to how proprietary that shaft system is. With the 5mm input shafts I can replace the WB8’s with whatever other driveshafts in the market (the Ottsix Heroes look really tempting!!!).
Let us know your experience with the Gmade shafts.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:34 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

How's yours doing? I've been taking mine out and it really still is my favorite so far.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:12 AM   #26

Hi 1SLWMoFo,

SOZE and your BOM build article really helped me decide to get a BOM. I got it, and I really love it. Worked on the stock shock a bit to get more dampening but need to go for a trail run to see how it works. One more mod I am thinking is overdrive gears. Not sure if anyone did it on the BOM's differential or transmission. Do you have any suggestion for that?
wudidamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:19 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudidamon View Post
Hi 1SLWMoFo,

SOZE and your BOM build article really helped me decide to get a BOM. I got it, and I really love it. Worked on the stock shock a bit to get more dampening but need to go for a trail run to see how it works. One more mod I am thinking is overdrive gears. Not sure if anyone did it on the BOM's differential or transmission. Do you have any suggestion for that?
This is the plan for my son's BOM if he decides he wants more performance out of it (it's done very well with just the minor modifications it already has) :

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilinvic View Post
Underdrive was accomplished by swapping the complete rear axle with a new SSD Pro44 rear axle kit with a 30t/8t ring and pinion gear.

I'm using .350 hubs on the front wheels and .475 on the rears. The SSD 10.2 axle is narrower than BOM's.

Luckily, the axle mounts for the "V" shocks configuration fits the SSD axle tubes perfectly.

TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:51 AM   #28
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudidamon View Post
Hi 1SLWMoFo,

I’m glad that I could help you on deciding for a Bom. These trucks are just really good, and with a few minor mods they become true performers.
With regards to the Over/Under, I can’t really say much other than swapping out rear diffs. Someone has already quoted Bilinvic’s build which he has accomplished underdrive by swapping the rear diff with an SSD Pro44 and a lower speed gear set. I’m waiting on Deadloc Racing as I heard rumors they were coming out with a over/under trans for the Bom. Not sure if it’s ever going to happen, but it could be worth the wait.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:54 PM   #29

How have you liked your BOM? Been looking at getting the TA Pro kit. LHS said stay away from gmade. Is this cause they dont carry them? from what I have seen everyone loves theirs.
rayraypc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:43 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayraypc View Post
How have you liked your BOM? Been looking at getting the TA Pro kit. LHS said stay away from gmade. Is this cause they dont carry them? from what I have seen everyone loves theirs.
The BOM really is a good truck, it got a bad rap because of the initial transmission case issues, but the new batches should all have the revised part, and GMADE has been replacing those that have the old part.

It's true that your LHS probably won't carry GMADE, and not many will. Most of the parts and stuff are found at online retailers, so I don't see the problem there if you don't need to have your LHS carry stuff.

The fact that the BOM has a bunch of compatible parts with the SCX10.2 also doesn't hurt if you need something quick from the LHS.

GMADE has made a few missteps in some of their trucks, but it's not like they couldn't be fixed, and it's not like other brands haven't made some missteps either.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:29 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

I second all that. Great truck, taking mine out tomorrow for a nice long trail run.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:29 PM   #32

Great! Currently I have a trx4 build kit that I love, and a gen7 pro that i have completely redone and now love! As long as the gmade bom is somewhere in the middle ill be happy!
rayraypc is offline   Reply With Quote

1SLWMoFo’s GS02 Bom - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bilinvic's Gmade GS02 BOM bilinvic G-Made Crawlers 152 01-02-2022 05:32 PM
Soze's GMADE GS02 BOM Build soze G-Made Crawlers 81 08-20-2021 12:41 AM
GS02 Bom Old n ratty G-Made Crawlers 89 11-17-2018 01:53 AM
Gmade GS02 BOM questions m1009cucv G-Made Crawlers 2 10-26-2018 08:05 PM
Now In Stock the NEW Gmade Korea GS02 BOM 1/10 4WD Ultimate Trail Truck Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 08-24-2018 02:49 PM