Thread: flex for free!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2005, 02:43 PM   #21
RCC Addict

would you quit with the caps.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2005, 11:51 PM   #22

Ok I tried the bic pen thing and in about 2 hrs I pulled the treads for my screws out. I ended up machining some new spacers out of aluminum today that are 3/4 inch longer. I left the front and rear shocks. I ended up trimmen the coils on the shocks and borring out the shock bodies for more droop. I know the pics are blurry but I need to buy a new camera.
[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:09 AM   #23
RCC Addict

1970 huh? I like the paint.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:11 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trike Kid
would you quit with the caps.
asshat please suck some
MOB-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:19 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Big man over the internet arent you, I'm not going to highjack the thread and start a pissing match.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:36 AM   #26

MY PIC'S.......

Last edited by MOB-40; 08-25-2005 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:39 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trike Kid
Big man over the internet arent you, I'm not going to highjack the thread and start a pissing match.

WELLGOODFORYOUMANI'MBIGINPERSONALSOANYTIMELETMEKNO W
Old 08-25-2005, 04:50 AM   #28
Rock Stacker

i've tired doing this but it wont work... im i using the wrong bic pen ?? can sumone send me more detailed pics on how u guys set it up??
canadianjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 08:08 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Hey, Mob...since you reconfigured the rear shocks, do you think that you still need the limiting strap? It seems as though the rear would only drop as far as the shock would allow. I know that hman1991 would need one since he isn't running any shocks, but I wouldn't necessarily think that your setup would require one.

I wonder if the same shock configuration would work on the front as well, or if the tires would rub at full lock. I'm very interested in finding this out, as I have something up my sleeve!
bugman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:10 AM   #30

It looks like the scorpion in your pics has a different way oy mounting the linkage to the axle. Or is the blue cap on the axle side just a screw cover?
73CJ85XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:29 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

His rear axle still mounts the same...he just extended the shaft out further using a different material. The big difference is in the shock placement.

After re-reading what you posted yesterday, Mob, I see why you added the limiting straps. Now, my question is what did you use to attach the limiting strap to the body and axle? I really like the look...it looks very clean. I would love to find out what it is so I can do something similar.
bugman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

not all the nylints have the same piviot setup on the axles. my friends was very easy to add the tube to and mine was a pain . his had a screw goin from the back to the middle mine was the oppsite way and made it a bit harder
BeerMonkeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:40 AM   #33
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY
not all the nylints have the same piviot setup on the axles. my friends was very easy to add the tube to and mine was a pain . his had a screw goin from the back to the middle mine was the oppsite way and made it a bit harder

mine is still all apart. and a pain in the ***. beermonkey do u have the jeep or the scorpion ? im goin to have another run at this set-up when i get home from work. tired doing it all last nite but it juss got abit late.

question: w/ the bic pen do u guys use the cap end or do u guys cut it up ??
canadianjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 11:35 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman72
Hey, Mob...since you reconfigured the rear shocks, do you think that you still need the limiting strap? It seems as though the rear would only drop as far as the shock would allow. I know that hman1991 would need one since he isn't running any shocks, but I wouldn't necessarily think that your setup would require one.

I wonder if the same shock configuration would work on the front as well, or if the tires would rub at full lock. I'm very interested in finding this out, as I have something up my sleeve!
Well could just run the shock's yes it would work but now you have the rear axle walking under you when claiming rock face or wall of some sort. Adding the strap made a big different's limiting the down travel or droop,less axle wrap and walk.
I FEEL the name of the game is articulation.....hope this help's a little.....
Old 08-25-2005, 11:45 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73CJ85XJ
It looks like the scorpion in your pics has a different way oy mounting the linkage to the axle. Or is the blue cap on the axle side just a screw cover?
no the only thing like hman1991 said was added the sleave(bic pen) about 3/4"
and flipped the rear linkage........

good looking out man work's awsome thank'shman1991
Old 08-26-2005, 05:43 AM   #36
Pebble Pounder

i tried the pen thing last night and ended up adding like 1/4 - 1/2" onto the wheelbase, so i had to comp. cut the rear body some more. i tried it at first with no shocks, just rubberbands screwed in where they would mount, with the body off the rear would flex all the way to 90 degrees, but after a short test run on it i discovered that not only do i need something to prevent axle wrap, the axle itself would pivot laterally because the only thing holding it at the control arm was weakened and less rigid when i extended it. so it would turn instead of climb when it came to a rock to climb over.

so i ended up putting the shocks back on - with no springs. im trying to think of a way to make the rear control arm longer without compromising its strength, i would like a 1" wheelbase extension over stock if i can get it.
cincinnati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:49 PM   #37

Default In the rocks with pics

OK finaly got mine in the rocks today. I ended up changing the front and rear shochmounts. I neeed to add limiting straps to the rear, darn shocks bind up about 1/8in from full droop all crossed up.

O ya Ill find out tommarow if I need to tear the front axle apart due to gear slipage and poping. If its broke it was a ton of fun while it lasted.
wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:10 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine
O

O ya Ill find out tommarow if I need to tear the front axle apart due to gear slipage and poping. If its broke it was a ton of fun while it lasted.

IT'S BROKE MIND'S THE SAME WAY NEED TO GET A NEW OR FIND THAT CAN BE USED AS A REPLACMENT LOW GEAR.....
Old 08-26-2005, 04:44 PM   #39

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Stop Writing In Caps!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Beenerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 05:23 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenerman
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Stop Writing In Caps!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
CAPSISWHATYOUGETLIVEWITHITDICK!