Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Clod 2 engines 1 ESC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Clod 2 engines 1 ESC?

I have the opportunity to get a free clod based unit. It's got a custom tube chassis and integy clod type axles.

Friend of mine is giving it away. I had no idea he even was into RC. Anyhow it has no electronics. I'm wondering if I get this thing if I can run it with just 1 ESC to controll both motors for simplicity?

If I went this route, what would be the ESC of choice to get? I'd probably be running 3s lipo pack.

Thanks.
knuckleslammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default endless

I would highly recommend a mamba max at minium of course a lot of esc's would work and a lot depends on what your intentions are. All around the mamba max can handle both motors and 3s lipo and has a better quality and set-up than novak has to offer. When you make up your mind let me know as I have a box full af several different ones.

Last edited by hbj069; 04-09-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: ID 10 T check revealed grammerical errors
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckleslammer View Post
I have the opportunity to get a free clod based unit. It's got a custom tube chassis and integy clod type axles.

Friend of mine is giving it away. I had no idea he even was into RC. Anyhow it has no electronics. I'm wondering if I get this thing if I can run it with just 1 ESC to controll both motors for simplicity?

If I went this route, what would be the ESC of choice to get? I'd probably be running 3s lipo pack.

Thanks.
I don't mean to be rude, but you seem to ask a lot of questions that are very easily answered with 30 seconds of searching and 2 minutes worth of reading.

Go to the Clod section and look at post 17 of the "How to Build a ClodBuster Rock Crawler"

How to build a Clodbuster Rock Crawler
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I do ask questions and I do search too. I'm reading the novak site on parallel series wiring as we speak. I just would like to know from experience if folks can wire 1 esc to 2 motors. That's my simple question. From there, I'll figure it out.

I just want to know if this is a good idea. This is long term, I have to get my ax10 built first. So no worries. I read the posts, but I want to hear it from someone that "yes, it's ok to run it like that"

Stuff is expensive and I don't want to f*ck anything up.

Thanks.
knuckleslammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

mamba max is what i use my second choice would be a sidewinder though if cost is important to you. if holmes hobies is still having their esc sale you can get a sidewinder for like $62 plus shipping which is a really good deal
4ONDFLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Nope it won't work at all, you should send it to me to get it working! By the looks of it, Mamba Max is your way to go....lucky . Good luck with the clod!
amorton94 is offline   Reply With Quote