LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #21
Ultimate RC Decals

nice!!
BOWTIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2006, 11:36 AM   #22
RCC Addict

I have the same body... and am going to put it on my nylint... it was my friends old rc truck... definantly sweet to see another one! and if you could, post some pics once you get those big ol tires on there!
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:22 PM   #23

Superglued my rear tires on and it seems to be holding but im waiting to get some JB weld tomorrow.. Here is just an overall pic

I also got around to primering my truck to get ready for paint tomorrow:

Going to sand and whatnot tonight..
Brett
spastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:15 PM   #24

Forgot to mention i modified my tummy tuck, and extended my control arms farther (where the masking tape used to be), and inset my front shocks more.. about 90 degree flex
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/718202438.jpg&s=x11
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/718212873.jpg&s=x11
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/718215573.jpg&s=x11

Im going to put small exhaust tips from an old rc car thought holes im going to put right behind the rear wheel well.

Let me know what you think...

Brett
Old 01-09-2006, 01:09 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

i have that body on my scorpion! man i hate that two people have stolen my bodys now well im keeping this one i just dont have the grill guared on mine but i do have a full sizespare in the back of the truck i had to trim a lot of the finders though. nice truck i like it > oh i didnt use the tires though (stock ones backwards cut and bb,s in them and a stock full size spare in the back).

later nick
nic99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:09 PM   #26

Well finally got around to more stuff... First I added a servo:

Then Dual Case mod:

And finally got the chance to 4-link:

Old 01-17-2006, 06:19 PM   #27

Painted it about a week ago.. but in order to clear servo and everything im going to have to make a big body lift... But im going to get real electronics and make my own chassis and longer 4-link, ill do the front when i do that too. Pics

Lemme know what you think... Seems like the most posts in this thread are me :?.. So give me props or give me advice or put me down or something!!! haha

Brett
Old 01-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #28
RCC Addict

I think it looks hella sweet, the paint came out amazing! I love silver! I was going to do it to mine... so it'd match my bike... but I dont want to copy so off to wal-mart I will go in search of a new color, love the tires too, I wanna see a pic of the whole truck... with the body on, I think it'd look super badass, keep up the good work, and keep us posted!
Old 01-20-2006, 05:23 PM   #29

Well it finally hit me... MORE GROUND CLEARANCE!!!!!! Not a whole lot.. But if you measure a stock nylint if i remember correctly its approximately 3 inches.. I decided to get another inch of clearance, and approximately 13 inch wheelbase.
Chassis:

Started what I could on the suspension with only 10 rod ends to work with:

I gotta order rod ends to do the front, im in the process of ordering a new servo, and esc and transmitter. Lemme know what you think

Brett
Old 01-21-2006, 01:05 PM   #30

Default Front finished

Well last night at about 11:30 i decided to go ahead and get my front 4 link mounted, that went until about 2:30 and i fell asleep, finished up this morning and took some pics:

I was going for ~13" WB and kind of surpassed it:

Tying to decide to keep this body and have it really small, or get a 1/10 lexan body:

Lemme know what you think:

Brett
Old 01-22-2006, 02:50 PM   #31
RCC Addict

well... I really like that body but for that truck a new body that fits better would probably look nicer, I'd put that chevy body on a different truck... btw the suspension looks amazing!
Old 01-22-2006, 05:56 PM   #32

thx i was thinking the same thing.. the only bad thing bout the suspension is that the links are too long.. so i cut an inch off of each tonight and it works better in my opinion. so WB is about 13 like i had planned

And like i said im getting hobby grade electronics.. i was just going to get traxxas 2015 bec reciever and traxxas xl 1 esc.. cuz im familiar with them.. can anyone recommend something just as good or better or cheaper? anything would be good thx in advance.

Brett
Old 01-22-2006, 08:03 PM   #33

Thumbs up

Hey Bro u ever think abour 4 wheel steering? My scorp has a 10.5in. WB and turns like a school bus. I'm gonna hate to see it with 2.2's. Just my 2cents. BTW where did you get the aluminum chanel for your new chassis? Oh and use a lexan body you'll get a more scale appearance. lookin good keep us posted
Scorpion King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:04 PM   #34

Thanks.. I thought about 4 wheel steering, and i might take the front axle off my parts and put it on there with another servo cuz i have 2 of the same. Ill look more into it once i get to ordering my electronics. The aluminum was actually about a foot long piece of 2"x3" rectangular 1/8" tubing that the guys at the machine shop at my dads work (university of sc). He brought that home, i drew out the dimensions, he took it back the next day and they cut the angles and then just milled off the 4th side of the tubing. I finished shortening my rear 4 link, ill be up all night reading for school so i might work on the front when i finish that. ill post pics when i get done.

Brett
Old 01-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #35

Well got the front shortened and all the bugs out of the suspension.... but guess what? CAMERA BATTERIED=DEAD!! lol but once i get some more ill take pics.
I ordered a new traxxas 2018 servo, traxxas xl-1 esc, and am about to order another traxxas TQ controller and 2015 receiver tomorrow. I say another because i have an electric traxxas rustler, and i found a guy that had a stampede.. and if you didnt know the stampede is like the monster truck 4wd version of a rustler and bandit.. so itll work out and i get the free crystals too!

More to come...

Brett
Old 01-26-2006, 04:34 PM   #36

ok.. got a couple pics:

Alright i need help, i put the stock electronics in today to see if i liked how it performed, just crawling stuff in my room. And i noticed that when i go forward, the shocks compress slightly and ofcourse it gets lower to the ground.. Is this because of crappy nylint shocks? Shock placement? Or just the fact that the stock electronics arent very tuned and the front axle is turning a split second before the rear causing it to hold tension while the front pulls? Any suggestions?

Brett