Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: VP Servo Guard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #41
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

I think the VP guard is fine. You might get a few scratches on top between the arms, but as posted before, most of the damage happens on the top edge. The VP is also more like a roll cage instead of a bolt on cover, so in a real hard hit it will probably save the servo ears. As far as modding for servo arm clearance, your really talking only a few tenths of millimeters, nothing a tiny file can't handle.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #42
RCC Addict

Come on VP!! Release these and let the sales show how quality minded some of us really are!!!

I only wish they incorporated a servo arm spline hood to protect the spline/output better. The spline/output always seems to take the mst major hits!!

The beautiful part is now there are more choices for us!! some highend and lowend choices!! great time to be in this hobby!!

Last edited by The Real Dogman; 02-20-2011 at 10:11 AM.
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #43
I joined the Band!

that idea hit the table, but the we were laugyhing that someone would bitch about that too. this is the design, its in production. not going to change this round. dont like it, you have a choice !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Dogman View Post
Come on VP!! Release these and let the sales show how quality minded some of us really are!!!

I only wish they incorporated a servo arm spline hood to protect the spline/output better. The spline/output always seems to take the mst major hits!!

The beautiful part is now there are more choices for us!! some highend and lowend choices!! great time to be in this hobby!!
tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:24 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

I bet the first run sells out fast.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #45
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdsurf View Post

The only real damage this servo case looks to be covered by the vanquish servo guard.

Me personally if I were to buy a guard and not make my own it would provide some protection from the horn taking abuse too. I feel that is were the true damage to a servo is being done. A case can be as scratched as it wants and still work fine. Land on that output enough times and somethings going to happen.
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #46
Rock Stacker

any time frame on when they will come out?
bubbaskyjacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@vp View Post
that idea hit the table, but the we were laugyhing that someone would bitch about that too. this is the design, its in production. not going to change this round. dont like it, you have a choice !
What you've designed will do what it needs to do. The only thing you need to worry about is protecting the mounting tabs from breaking like my pic shows. Yours looks like it will do just that. The servo and horn in my pic have been on this rig since it was first built in the middle of August.

Last edited by dpdsurf; 02-20-2011 at 05:24 PM.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post
So basically you knock ours and promote another products in a thread that was dedicated to the new servo guard solutions we came up with? You knock ours by calling it blingy, and basically claims has no purpose. But the one you post, provides absolutely 0 front protection, yet, the servo is going to see 95% of its damage from the front. When faced forward on the axle. You also make a claim that one is better than the other, yet you have not even tried more than the one you are using. Hmm Biased much?
The biggest think with ours, for someone like me, it limits servo range. I already hit the bottom of my servo at max throw, and now your guard will be extra material that will limit my throw.

I'm not bashing your product, nor supporting another one. I am saying that yours will not work for everyone, and may not provide as much protection to certain areas.
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by articzap View Post
The biggest think with ours, for someone like me, it limits servo range. I already hit the bottom of my servo at max throw, and now your guard will be extra material that will limit my throw.

I'm not bashing your product, nor supporting another one. I am saying that yours will not work for everyone, and may not provide as much protection to certain areas.

That is fine, you are not making a claim of whose is better than another. This might not be the perfect solution for everyone. I dont expect it to be. We just do our best to make our solution.
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
This whole thread, is half people bashing something, and getting overly angry for a servo guard. Think people need to go out and drink a beer.
If you're buying, I'm drinkin . I started to read the whole thread but when I saw it taking the opinion turn, I stopped. Are you going to make these available with the servo output on the left and right, or just what's in the OP's pic?

EDIT: I'm not interested in using this on a XR10 either...
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
If you're buying, I'm drinkin . I started to read the whole thread but when I saw it taking the opinion turn, I stopped. Are you going to make these available with the servo output on the left and right, or just what's in the OP's pic?

EDIT: I'm not interested in using this on a XR10 either...

We changed it up already, think in page 3 he posted a pic of the changes. The servos can be flipped now.

Drive over, I will buy the fist round
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
We changed it up already, think in page 3 he posted a pic of the changes. The servos can be flipped now.

Drive over, I will buy the fist round
only 5 min away watch it
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

all i know is i want it when will they be available in red to match my jr high voltage servo
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Maybe on Tuesday when I stop by to pick up my motor mount plates I can pick one of these up hint, hint, LOL!!!! Looks sick do they come on black or raw?
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Love the servo guard. Love everything you make. Will buy everything you make for any vehicle I buy... aslong as it it fully functional and not just bling. Funtional bling works really good for me.

Keep up the fabulous craftsmanship.

Some people like ugly.... I see more ugly kids everyday. Someone is making them.
BurnLatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:55 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

is this going to fit the 7980 too???
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
is this going to fit the 7980 too???
X2... its the only one i need covered.. but im sure it wont fit the 7980, maybe they will knock one up for the big servos???
Hulksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:19 PM   #58
TEAM MODERATOR

Cleaned up all the BS guys. There's options out for nearly every part we need for any platform. If y'all like another product, get it. Simple as that. There's really no need to trash a thread up. This is a tech section, if it ain't tech related, take it to chit chat.

Thanks, have a good night, please come again.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Nice work guys...looks like someone got a lil carried away on a Saturday afternoon...oh the joys of CNC

I need several of these with a quickness

BW
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:31 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Do you think the servo guard is strong enough to use as a link mount?
dezrik is offline   Reply With Quote