Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: OshKosh M-atv scale build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Ty, not bad for my first i dont guess!
its still tacky imma wait then put it one truck, hook the gun up, and all my electronics
scx10rtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

how would these wheeles look with these tires?
http://prolineracing.com/wheels/titu...r-rear-wheels/
http://store.rc4wd.com/MIL-SPEC-ZXL-22-Tires_p_724.html
Here is link to actual truck
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...m-atv_photo_28
Or is there any place to get them wheels for cheap, the actual truck wheels? do they make them?
Old 03-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Ok for all you people that want a real winch cable, im perrty sure this will work for 3 racing winch, ok i went to wal mart a got this picture hanging set, i came with some small eye hooks and spme nails and some clips, and with a roll of cable, well i took that cable and wound it up on my winch and it looks like this
Old 03-14-2011, 05:37 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

pictures

Old 03-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

i figure ill try to make it as scale as possible so im currently working on my radiator,( i use a fan out of a game cube, and some heat sink i think came out x box original)

Old 03-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

since this rig is make to withstand I.E.D i figure its got to have armor on the bottom also, so here are some plates that are laying on here, and when i get them finished ill get pic
Old 03-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

finished
Old 03-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

i painted my skid plates and my axles and springs
Old 03-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #29

Looks good. I work at Oshkosh Truck and helped build the proto type of that truck to present to the military. Is there a way you could add the V hull to get a little more scale look. Maybe just under the skid plate or something? Just a suggestion. Looks really good though. Keep up the good work. I'd like to take a picture of the final product to work if that's ok with you. I think that they'd be impressed.
jaseandbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaseandbeck View Post
Looks good. I work at Oshkosh Truck and helped build the proto type of that truck to present to the military. Is there a way you could add the V hull to get a little more scale look. Maybe just under the skid plate or something? Just a suggestion. Looks really good though. Keep up the good work. I'd like to take a picture of the final product to work if that's ok with you. I think that they'd be impressed.
Man, im glad your talking to me, i have been inspired by this vehicle for a long time and i cant make my stuff as good as others but i try, i have no problem with you bringing a picture to work, also my mom has a cannon camera and it takes really nice pictures so ill be sure to get you some pics when im done, that will be my top priority, as you know there's not many pictures but there's a few, the main things i need to look at is the huull its self, im thinking for a future build, maybe doing the buffalo, because that thing is just awesome. but pictures i would really like to see is the engine and radiator ,all that stuff, the v-hull, and the under carriage, because im not really liking my skid plates, this build would be lot better if i had a truck with 4-wheel independent suspension, but axial don't make that lol, so im trying my best.
being that im on the 4-h shooting team its had to get time to work on this being that i have school and practice 3 times a week.
but also id like to see some pictures of the turret, i have been debating whether or not to put it on there, and i about decided if i don't put it on there it will take the scale look from the truck. so imma try to get a fully working spinning turret,this is a definate MABEY, because im not very good at this stuff but i try at it and that's all that counts.
ok, im not trying to write a book here but this is just general info. i need to see some pic of the back, is there a window in the back of the bed, and its just little stuff like that.
and if you cant get these pictures it will be fine, ill just play it by ear, ty so much man. i would be honor to have this on a office that i know help same the lives of many troops!!! and i appreciate y'all s commitment to build to quality vehicles!!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

This picture might help you if you want to get some more scale details such as the armored hull and some of the surface details.

forbid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:50 AM   #32

Have you tried Google images? There are quite a few good images of the M-atv on there. When I go to work tomorrow, I'll try to get some good pics.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

ty for them, and when you go to work a get them other pictures that would be very help ful, do i need to paint the whole truck that color, because i've painted the axles and springs, my little skid plates, is there any color or something that i dont need to paint?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #34

The whole thing is sand tan. Exhaust being the exception.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

ok that hgelps i got this color sand, from wal mart and that what i painted it with, what bout the wheels, i seen some with black and some with tan?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #36

I have only seen black tires with tan rims.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

oh, well i got another question,btw if i do get the rims i want they might just stay black because there the only 2.2's like that, and i found a awesome tire, lol it matches it perfectly
http://store.rc4wd.com/MIL-SPEC-ZXL-22-Tires_p_724.html
http://www.rc4wdshop.com/go/product_...roducts_id=720
, also this would be really helpful also, i need leaf springs and shocks, what would you prefer to make this thing as close as possible to the actual truck?
Old 03-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #38

The real truck is independent suspension. No leaf springs.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #39

Those tires and rims look good dude.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

i know, i found them and i was like, well first i thought, deffinatly 2.2 because the truck has run flat 48's stock i think, lol then i found them rims but there $130