Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: custom buggy build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2006, 04:33 PM   #21

ok got the front axle mounted and shocks mounted, flexed it out, and i am suprised how well it flexes without usinig the long blue arms. still would like to 4link tho.
anyway here are some shots, keep in mind there will be some additional bars added before i completly done.

nylintbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2006, 05:39 PM   #22
RCC Addict

lookin good, i quess

I would have used a different method of mounting the shocks, plus inboarding them a little more then that

but good luck with it

Install the elec. and get that thing on the rocks
Jeepernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 07:11 PM   #23

i would have inboarded them in the front, but when i was mocking it up, the it had too much body roll. plus its pointless in the front i got all the flex i can get with them setup like this. also i did not spend tons of time on shock mounts due to this thing isnt perfect and little things like that are easy to do later on. but i will say these are sure easier to work on than my real jeep.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Nice rigs
Old 06-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #25

alright, basically done, i think i need to rewire, it was running, but not enough power to crawl over anything or steer. put on skid, some more bars and alittle skin.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:07 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

looks cool, what WB you end up with?
SlammedMini469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:20 PM   #27

i will have to check the WB, but as for the lack of power, im thinkin its due it the axle wanting to turn under on its selft when i pull up to something, it has normal power when on flat surface, but when ready to crawl over something, it wont go at all. im thinkin linkin will fix that, any ideas to solve it temp.?
Old 06-13-2006, 11:19 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

ive seen the actual buggy crawlers and they have the shocks straight up n down like u have them in the front
rig it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:35 AM   #29

yeah, and thats how just about every real buggy runs em, no need to angle them in.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:56 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

that is the most ****ty flex i have ever seen a nylint do

dude look at your crawler it looks like you grabbed some rusted cloths hangers from a junkyard and soldered them together.

do something else

it doesnt look like what you have is working
12flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:49 PM   #31

thanks anyway, but it flexes just as good as it did stock, and like i said i am not done, and also like i said its not running right yet, thats part of doin something different and for the first time, takes time to figure it all out. it will out perform any stock nylint when im done tho so once again
Old 06-14-2006, 05:13 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Yeah, that's a little harsh. If you mod your sh!t exactly like everyone else, what do you have to be proud of? I think it looks cool. A lot of people on here tell you exactly what to do and others want detailed instructions on how to do the simplest things. I've seen this in the 1:1 Jeep scene too. How many idendenticly built TJ's do you see out there? What's the fun in that? I've taken ideas from here but I always do things my own way. Just my $0.02.
289YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:21 PM   #33

good points, im the same way with my jeep, i want it to look different than every other jeep, he is just jealous of my mini buggy
Old 06-14-2006, 06:12 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Yup same, I love different, I would have to say my Nylint is far from being a pictured image of someone elses rig
Old 06-14-2006, 06:18 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

chill the F U C K out all i said was its s h i t t y flex

you got to agree
i recomend that you could make a tower brace one front one rear to have an in board mount for savage shocks. the shocks are oil filled; you can get stronger springs for real cheap, and the limit on their own rather than popping out. they seriously perform awesome. and it would really stand out in a Bad A S S way once you have the frame painted or whatever you decide to do.
12flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:21 PM   #36
RCC Addict

I think if u are going to build something like that why would u not trianglate the shocks and totally go all out

12flex I agree with u.... but then again I really dont care enough... I think most of the guys on here are just in the wrong field when they do some of the things they do
Old 06-14-2006, 06:51 PM   #37

im chill man, anyway like i said i do plan to 4 link it, but the flex im getting now is same as stock, which isnt bad, and the pics dont show my maxed out flex.
i am not going all out on this thing. i just wanted something better and different than the stock nylint. after i link it, it will wheel better, be much stronger, and look alot better.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:02 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

Again, "gotta have the savage shocks!". Yeah, they probably are the best and/or easiest way to mod a Nylint's suspension, but there's nothin' wrong with doing something else. I'm running 1/10th front Losi buggy shocks on my rear right now and the way I set up the suspension, they work great for me. They're only maybe 4.5" long with 1" travel but I set 'em up right. I'd rather take something a little different and make it work. Plus, my heap works pretty good and I've spent under $5.00 on mods including paint.
289YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:15 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Looks like you're getting there. Maybe take a look at mine for ideas. I got some from yours.

Mudinyeri's Tube Chassis Nylint Build
Mudinyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:41 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylintbuggy
i will have to check the WB, but as for the lack of power, im thinkin its due it the axle wanting to turn under on its selft when i pull up to something, it has normal power when on flat surface, but when ready to crawl over something, it wont go at all. im thinkin linkin will fix that, any ideas to solve it temp.?
Does the motor still spin when it's not going? If so, it's probably the pin in your axle that broke. When i modded my nylint and got it all back to gether, it did exactly what you stated. Any pressure or obstacle would render the rear axle useless but the motor was spinning. I took it apart and found that the "u-joint" pin on the axle snapped into 3 pieces. I took a spare drill bit taht was teh same size and cut it as a replacement.
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote