Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Question About RC4WD Chassis Kit Types.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Question About RC4WD Chassis Kit Types.

Greetings RCC!!!

I was wondering if someone could kindly give me a run down on the main differences between the types of RC4WD chassis kits e.g. Bruiser, Trail Finder, Trail Stomper... and how they compare to one another.

My only experience with crawlers is my slightly modified SCX10, and while I absolutely love it's crawling capability I want to see if I can make something more scale. After many thread reads here on RCC it seem unanimous that many users prefer the SCX10's over anything from RC4WD mainly due to crawling capability, reliability, and parts availability. I don't have a problem giving up a small fraction of all that to get something realistic looking.

I am aiming for a shorter-wheelbase truck, especially for the commonly used D90 body (not the 110 Ultimate version.) Is there any type of chassis (or even RTR kits for that matter) from RC4WD that will work relatively flawlessly with the D90 body?

A huge and humble thanks in advance to everyone.

-Mike-
ModTrialsRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Question About RC4WD Chassis Kit Types.

Gelande 1/10 Scale Defender Truck RTR

RTR Gelande.. It's for a 1/10th scale defender 90 NOT a defender 110.. They also have a lot of accessories for it, just look around thier page..
wes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Question About RC4WD Chassis Kit Types.

Oops yes I see my mistake there. I assumed "110" was the classification for that style of Land Rover.

My question still remains unanswered, but a little looking around on RC4WD I'm slowly becoming more privy of certain differences. Thanks for the input thus far.

Also I apologize this thread should have been put in the "Newbie Forum." You know your a newbie when you miss something as conspicuous as that.
ModTrialsRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Question About RC4WD Chassis Kit Types. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Chassis Mounted Steering Servo kit ektoz Axial Wraith 3 02-25-2012 10:41 PM
RC4WD Axial SCX10 steering servo chassis mounting kit chiatw73 Axial SCX-10 7 08-18-2011 08:06 AM
RC4WD Pro-Scaler chassis question fred0000 General Scale Talk 7 09-21-2010 06:43 PM
1.9 scale build options - Hilux kit, RC4WD kit, or piece together my own? Nova's Ark General Scale Talk 8 06-12-2008 10:24 AM