Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: $300 challenge build against joecrawler! **LOOK**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #21
RCC Addict

do u know if anyone makes a 1/6 scale body?
trickedoutTLT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2006, 10:13 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickedoutnylint06
do u know if anyone makes a 1/6 scale body?

search :-P

not sure really, never looked

but the t/e-Maxx bodies and that vette body works great
Jeepernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:28 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

1/6 nylintsa re 50 bucks at my walmart idk why everyone keeps buying them for over 100?????????
dotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:42 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by '75 Bronco
I don't get whats so hard about this challenge. the price cap should be about half that or less. for $300 you should build something hobby level. both you are acting like the price cap is like only $20 for mods. both rigs look kinda crappy.
Just do wrecker's buildup plus a good servo and shave where the old steering unit used to be. you'd be under $300 and you'd have an unstoppable nylint.
Link to wreckers buildup? id like to do it if its unstoppable.

EDIT: FOUND IT

Last edited by RIVERdude69; 07-23-2006 at 11:54 PM.
RIVERdude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:39 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotson
1/6 nylintsa re 50 bucks at my walmart idk why everyone keeps buying them for over 100?????????
because i bought mine a while back when they didnt have them for under 100
trickedoutTLT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:38 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

i bought my first right when they came out.
joecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:43 AM   #27
Powered by Awesome

i thought the whole point of this was hobby grade build up (hobby grade: aka, parts are available at the hobby shop) for under 300 bucks?
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:55 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Stick #2
Here's alink to Wrecker's build if anyone else wants to see it.

We need more pics!!!!

I paid $100 for mine because my walmwarts were out and as you probably know they are out tof production, so i had to by mine off wallmart.com and their prices aren't that great.
'75 Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:59 PM   #29
[HOONIGAN]

Just some advice, DON'T PUT $300 INTO A NYLINT!! It's not worth it!! For that much money build a hobby grade crawler. I know all of you know that I'm talking from experience and not out my a$$. Even if you go full hg electronics you still can't shave the front axle enough to make a big difference. I rarely get hung up on the back of the axle, as long as I'm driving forward, the biggest problem is the knuckles and the front of the axle. The axle is huge, chopping of the back doesn't help the clearence or the approach at all. Although having steering that worked good would be awesome, I just think it would be a waste of money to $300 into a Nylint and have a hg crawler still be able to beat it, because it will. The more mods you do the better and better it will perform and it will get closer and closer to keeping up with a hg crawler but in the end it just won't be able to (weight and front and rear axle clearence). Anyways, I would just recomend getting a hg crawler if your going to spend that much.

You can make an awesome nylint though for a lot less as you've prolly seen from both of my stick build ups. Stick it, get a lexan body, smaller and lighter batt, stock electronics (they work just fine, not worth the money for hg), and MOAB XL's. If there is one mod that you have to do get Moab XL's, the difference is unbelievable! Since you have a "$300" limit there should be no reason why you wouldn't get them.

Have fun with the build up, no matter what you do they will alot more fun than the stockers. Just keep the budget down and have have fun. And post more pics. If you have any questions regarding any of my build-ups I'd be glad to help.
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:04 PM   #30
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepernick
I just really liked that

wish now I wouldnt have ever wasted my time or money on my Nylint, but ah well
Don't get me wrong, Nylints are a lot of fun and they can't be beat for a low budget rig but $300 isn't low budget. I love my Sticked Nylint and don't regret a thing I've done to it or the time I've put into it, but I also haven't put near that much money into mine. It just wouldn't be worth it. I'm all for trying to make Nylints as good as you can, you just have to know when to stop and realize no matter how much you do to it, it's still a Nylint.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:19 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

exactly i am just seeing if i can build a half decent nylint that can beat a guy with a tlt or clod, it might happen but probaly not. and it also gives me a reason to stop my addiction to Chrome Hounds.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:27 PM   #32
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrawler
exactly i am just seeing if i can build a half decent nylint that can beat a guy with a tlt or clod, it might happen but probaly not. and it also gives me a reason to stop my addiction to Chrome Hounds.
Cool, that's pretty much what I'm going for. If it doesn't happen oh well, I've got prolly a quarter of what they'll have invested. If a Nylint gets whooped by a hg crawler, no biggie. But if a Nylint whoops a hg crawler, .......HAHA you just got whooped by a Nylint!! (Still waiting to waiting to say that)
Old 07-25-2006, 12:36 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

well i took it out today and all i can say its still a nylint, i will rearange my course this morning and take it out for a final test run and then go on modding the thing. I will post pics around 3-5 pm.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:49 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

well this project is over i just burnt a board up when a rock moved the board and it hit a screw and walaa i got a giant smoking mess.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:55 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

is the 1:6 board different than the 1:18 board? because if they're the same size and all i have a 1:18 nylint in pieces
swamp_rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:01 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrawler
well this project is over i just burnt a board up when a rock moved the board and it hit a screw and walaa i got a giant smoking mess.
You got a big budget. Buy some off some one, or use HG electronics.

But wait... don't you have like 8 $15 1:6 crawlers that you bought????
'75 Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:11 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

well i dont know if this was in that thread but in a couple of personal messages i stated that i was going to raffle them off at a family reunion the weekend after i found and purchased them. I thought it would be cool to see at the next family reunion to see what every one did and such.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:32 AM   #38
[HOONIGAN]

I think it would have cleared up a lot of confusion if you would have stated that the $300 build off was the general title of the build off that you two entered. For all of us who don't read the chit-chat forums regularly to know that some one else (ColquittCustom405) started the $300 build off. Not necisarily that you were going to spend $300 on each of your Nylints.

Here's the link if anybody else is interested in the "$300 Crawler Challenge".
$300 Crawler Challenge!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:31 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

it is alive, i just put a doner board in today just in time for my trip to myrtle beach tomorrow.