Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

View Poll Results: Who wants to help revive the 1.9 class?
Yes Let's try and Revive it. 24 75.00%
No It's a boring class 8 25.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: 1.9 Class Petition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
E.Y. Designs

Default 1.9 Class Petition

Who would like to see the 1.9 class revived? Let's start voting and than we can contact Losi and Axial and see if they would make a 1.9 truck. It might be hard but it's worth a try. I'd hate to see the 1.9 class go out and I think that would be the same for a lot of you.
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 1.9 Class Petition

1.9 is going strong in our area, I understand what you are talking about. I really like my 1.9 it was the first rig I ever owned. Let me know how I can help.

John
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I'm game. What do you have in mind?
kicker1solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

I would love a 1.9 comper. I just don't have the money right now and I need to sell acopule for some more room.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker1solo View Post
I'm game. What do you have in mind?
I don't have anything new in mind. Just seeing if like Losi can start producing the Mini Rock Crawler Pro again or if they can come up with something new or if Axial can come up with something...
Old 06-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Or even an affordable "conversion" kit available from Losi to convert a RTR MRC to a Pro spec. I'd be happy with that myself.

Seeing how I own two MRC Pros, I really have no grounds for an opinion here

Marcus
Draggermirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Anyone who's read my 1.9 build thread knows where I stand on this. IMHO, the 1.9s are far more exciting to watch than the 2.2 pro class, simply because of their simplicity and size. There is much more to competition than seeing who can spend the most money on their rig to get it to perform (can you say XR10?). The 1.9s are cheap, easy to work on, and easily built to competition readiness without breaking the bank. I have had more fun with 1.9s than all the other classes I run combined, and it $ucks to even be having this discussion.
That being said, the 2.2S class (although more expensive than 1.9) appears to be relatively close to a 1/10th scale version of the mini's. I am starting now to accumulate the parts for my son and I to have new 2.2S rigs for next season. I'm not giving up on the minis, but we'll be ready with something to replace them with if necessary.
I know that locally we will be running the minis for as long as we can find parts for them, and honestly, it shouldn't be that hard since they are pretty much bullet-proof when built-up properly. I admire your ambition with this thread, and maybe you can prove me wrong, but I really don't think it will matter how many people you get to vote "yes". Axial is more interested in building bashers now to cash in on the Traxxas train, and Losi has all but turned its back on crawling.
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
E.Y. Designs

From watching vids and driving both I would almost say that the 1.9s are harder to drive than the 2.2 pro's.....
Old 06-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
1.9 is going strong in our area, I understand what you are talking about. I really like my 1.9 it was the first rig I ever owned. Let me know how I can help.

John
+1, 1.9 is the "new super" at GSRCRC. I need to finish mine to add to the mix (not that I will make anyone quiver if I comp.....).

Yes, I though it was great when the MRC Pro's sold last summer for "cheap". I thought it was great, and a reasonable way to drag others into the sport.
I also feel that learning to drive a shafty reasonably well translate to a better driver overall.

I wish I had the cash a year ago to get a dozen or so MRC Pro's, it would be easy to make a few bucks as well as expand the sport.
Then, almost EVERY brushed motor for the rig disappeared.
A Goat with a small brushless is a great way to go.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabash View Post
Anyone who's read my 1.9 build thread knows where I stand on this. IMHO, the 1.9s are far more exciting to watch than the 2.2 pro class, simply because of their simplicity and size. There is much more to competition than seeing who can spend the most money on their rig to get it to perform (can you say XR10?). The 1.9s are cheap, easy to work on, and easily built to competition readiness without breaking the bank. I have had more fun with 1.9s than all the other classes I run combined, and it $ucks to even be having this discussion.
That being said, the 2.2S class (although more expensive than 1.9) appears to be relatively close to a 1/10th scale version of the mini's. I am starting now to accumulate the parts for my son and I to have new 2.2S rigs for next season. I'm not giving up on the minis, but we'll be ready with something to replace them with if necessary.
I know that locally we will be running the minis for as long as we can find parts for them, and honestly, it shouldn't be that hard since they are pretty much bullet-proof when built-up properly. I admire your ambition with this thread, and maybe you can prove me wrong, but I really don't think it will matter how many people you get to vote "yes". Axial is more interested in building bashers now to cash in on the Traxxas train, and Losi has all but turned its back on crawling.
Hey guy, I'm with you 100%. I usually run 2.2, but I saw what my son learned driving a Venom Creeper (2.2 shafty for those that don't know) where he HAD to do decent lines!
Going to a 2.2 Bully MOA and then to a 2.2 XR-10 was a rather "easy jump".
Adding in a 1.9 MRC (no, not a pro) jumped up the learning curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
From watching vids and driving both I would almost say that the 1.9s are harder to drive than the 2.2 pro's.....
I will refine that and say, "Driving a x.x shafty makes you a better driver." Having dig & proportional almost makes it easy to do better.
In general, a ton of stick time is 100 x better than really deep pockets.

I have competed in a number of areas, you will usually find either:
1-The 1% natural that will always kick your butt
2-The person with a ton of running/practice time that will kick your butt.

I have a basically stock XR-10 I bought used. It was better set-up than my 2.2 Bully. My scores have already dropped, I haven't spent much money on it.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
RCC Addict

The 1.9 mini class came on strong at the end of the comp season this year. Central and Northern Cali are all on board and I believe a couple different clubs are running the class in there point series next season.
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

The 1.9 class is very strong in our club and I really enjoy driving mine...
crash is offline   Reply With Quote

1.9 Class Petition - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi super petition nuke24 Superclass Crawlers 42 03-28-2019 05:04 PM
Pin tire petition Chris_The_Battery_Man Tires and Wheels 145 09-06-2012 09:54 AM
Petition update FlashGordon1 General Crawlers 8 06-25-2012 02:57 PM
XJ Body Petition shierkahn Chit Chat 4 01-04-2008 10:01 PM
paragon petition, please sign 1BadJeepBruiser Chit Chat 17 02-04-2007 08:24 PM